It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney - Dog Abuser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Recently, I saw a news item that Mitt Romney's venture capital firm was planning on buying Clear Channel Communications (here is the thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... ) I actually never heard of Mitt Romney before his attempt at the presidency, and figured I should do some further research into a man who may buy himself into office. All I really knew going into this from the MSM was that he is Rich, was Governor of Massachusetts, 'saved' the Olympics in Salt Lake, and practices the Mormon faith. Maybe that is enough for some, but not for me.

I was reading a fairly flattering piece called "The Making of Mitt Romney" from The Boston Globe. I was reading Part 4, and I was shocked to read the following:

Before beginning the drive, Mitt Romney put Seamus, the family's hulking Irish setter, in a dog carrier and attached it to the station wagon's roof rack. He'd built a windshield for the carrier, to make the ride more comfortable for the dog.
Then Romney put his boys on notice: He would be making predetermined stops for gas, and that was it.

The ride was largely what you'd expect with five brothers, ages 13 and under, packed into a wagon they called the ''white whale.''

As the oldest son, Tagg Romney commandeered the way-back of the wagon, keeping his eyes fixed out the rear window, where he glimpsed the first sign of trouble. ''Dad!'' he yelled. ''Gross!'' A brown liquid was dripping down the back window, payback from an Irish setter who'd been riding on the roof in the wind for hours.

As the rest of the boys joined in the howls of disgust, Romney coolly pulled off the highway and into a service station. There, he borrowed a hose, washed down Seamus and the car, then hopped back onto the highway. It was a tiny preview of a trait he would grow famous for in business: emotion-free crisis management.

Emotion-free Crisis Management!? How about Animal Cruelty? Or the fact that only family members were along for the ride, so either Mitt, his Wife, or the Kids are using this 'anecdote' to best describe their father? Did the dog have diarrhea because he was afraid, or because he had been "riding in the wind for hours"?

I mean at least he didn't beat the dog for having an accident, but he apparently sprayed Seamus down. The efficiency of the situation probably did not allow for Seamus to dry off before they hit the road again.

Some people take pride in their pets, and consider them members of their immediate family. Others apparently practice "emotion-free crisis management"

I still can't believe it...
DocMoreau

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
please tell me you are kidding, animal cruelty? have you ever owned a dog they love the wind. and the article it self said that he built a wind shield for the dog. did you read the clip? or do you just get kicks out of twisting things to fit you agenda's?.

boo hoo!!! poor dog. i guess it's a good thing for me you've never seen my dog with his head out of the window while i going down the interstate. or even worse seeing my dog swiming when its 19 degrees outside, which by the way he loves.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

To fit my agenda? I know nothing about Mitt Romney, and was trying to find more. Did you even read my post?

I personally find it absolutely disgusting that a man running for president of the United States would use an anecdote about his dog unable to control its bowels after being strapped to the roof, I assume in a dog crate. "Emotion-Free Crisis Management" is their words, not mine. "predetermined stops for gas, thats it" "riding on the roof for hours" those are their words.

Are you telling me that if you were driving down the highway, and saw a dog in a crate strapped to the roof of another car, having diarrhea, you wouldn't be the least bit curious? This is not like a dog riding with its head out the window, or even in a pickup bed, this is on top of the roof, changing the aerodynamics. I have no problem with 'dogs being dogs' and playing in cold water, or whatever straw man arguments you can come up with.

I do have a problem with this being an example as to why Romney would make a good president,because of his 'emotion-free crisis management' as seen in the anecdote he provided.
DocMoreau

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
My brother and his wife and kids would go to different places and ride their horses and they would put them in a horse carrier on wheels and tow them behind their truck. They also would crap in their carrier. I've even seen dogs in the bed of a pickup trucks driving down the road.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by UScitizen

Okay.

So how do horses in a trailer relate to driving with a dog strapped to your roof for a 12 hour drive?

I think everyone needs to visualize what Mitt Romney did, before they try to compare their actions or the actions of someone they know.

This is a case where a man who wants to be your leader, uses an anecdote about how he strapped his dog on the roof for hours, the dog craps it self, Mitt pulls off the road, sprays the dog and the car down, and jumps back on the highway. This is not a Horse in an enclosed trailer, a dog in a pick up or with its head out the window, this is a dog strapped to the roof of a station wagon for a 12 hour drive.

He uses this anecdote to illustrate his 'emotion-free crisis management.
I am sorry, but Mitt Romeny's act sickens me. If I saw someone doing what he described doing, I would call the police immediately and report animal cruelty.

To each their own.
DocMoreau

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
"Emotion-free crisis management?" What is he? The Mormonator?

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
what is it with this batch of republican nominees and dogs? first this with romney, then huckabee's son with torturing and killing dogs..

what's going on here?

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
At least I am not the only one who sees something wrong with this.

I was not familiar with what Huckabee's son did, that is until now.

Wow, maybe that deserves its own thread. His son sounds like a sadist pig, and Huckabee tried to cover it up!

As Mike Huckabee gains in the polls, the former Arkansas governor is finding that his record in office is getting more scrutiny. One issue likely to get attention is his handling of a sensitive family matter: allegations that one of his sons was involved in the hanging of a stray dog at a Boy Scout camp in 1998.

Yeah, what's up with the Republican 'dog abusers'? I am not for either party, but I find it weird that two Republicans in the 2008 race have 'dog abuse' related issues in their pasts.
Are their any instances where Democrats running for President are acting so immorally towards animals?

I am not trying to become PETA-ATS or anything, this is just wrong.
DocMoreau

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

So did they have the dog in a carrier or did they actually tie the dog it's self to the top of the car?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by UScitizen

Honestly I don't know. I would think the dog would have to be in a carrier for such a long trip. I can't imagine just tying a dog to the roof rack for 12 hours. I can't imagine strapping a dog in a carrier to the roof either. I wouldn't strap a dog, carrier or not to a roof at all. The roof rack is for luggage, I don't think pets are luggage.

DocMoreau

new topics

top topics

join