It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's a Theory for You

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
...All of this obsession with UFOs, government conspiracy, Big Foot, and ghosts is distracting you all from your friends and family. This is all a big waste of time and is akin to an addiction to fiction. I'm not judging any of you, and I'm sorry if I offend, but I have realized that it's nuts to sit around here fantasizing and speculating about all of this stuff. I hope this doesn't consume you, and I hope you'll be there for those in your life that really matter. God bless you all.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I wont patronize you for your opinion but i have to ask why are you a member and why are you even at this website writing this if these are your beliefs? I'm sorry and you must forgive me if i think you sound a little hypocritical.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yes i agree, why would you join an discussion forum where people are passionate about some alternative but still very important subjects just to post this??? I'd love to see your reply but you've earned your ticket to be the first person that i add to my ignore list! I was wondering when this was going to happen.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingman77
This is all a big waste of time and is akin to an addiction to fiction.

I once read somebody who said the biggest waste of time ever invented was the game of chess, and I thought they might be onto something. Personally, I think any kind of religious activity, like reading the Bible or going church, is a complete waste of time and effort. And I admit, I don't know how many hours of my life I've thrown away watching stupid television shows. You know the kind where you aren't really interested, but you watch it just because it's on?

But what else are we supposed to do with all this time? Something "productive?" Maybe you could let us all in on your plan to keep doing something productive every hour of the day.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wingman77

Assuming that you're still here, you might enjoy the book America Off-Line by A.J. Jacobs. He is a pretty entertaining writer.

America Off-Line

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Obsession? Waste of time? Distraction?

Kind of what I think of religion

Sorry if I offend but I have realized that it's nuts to sit around here fantasizing and speculating about religion

But seriously, why do you care if people enjoy using the website? Not everyone thinks its BS. And plus, it is a site where you can express your thoughts on unconventional topics with other people that have the same interest.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

...All of this obsession with UFOs, government conspiracy, Big Foot, and ghosts is distracting you all from your friends and family.

I admire you for being such an
outstanding family man.

Posting on the same site you are
degrading.

I love the irony.

This is all a big waste of time and is akin to an addiction to fiction.

Yet, here you are.

I'm not judging any of you

Oh, but you are.

Not sure what your intent was, but
it did not get the memo.

Since you desire to run our passions through
the mud, may I inquire to what your interests
are ?

Surely not intruding on websites dedicated to
finding truth. Surely not.

Since you are such an up-standing family man,
I'm sure you'll not have time to respond.

The dear readers at ATS will be asunder,
wondering why you made this post.

Well, not all.

I won't.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I think the learned members are missing this gentleman's point.

Oddly, I was toying with the idea of posting nearly the same thing.

I'd say if you are just sitting there 'reloading' the 'new posts' page then yeah, you might really be wasting a lot of time that might be better spent cleaning the garage, or repairing or painting your house, or even reading a book.

It might be a good idea to test your level of 'addiction' by seeing if you can just drop ATS for, say a week. Heck, five days.

If you can't, then maybe the guy has a point that might be worth considering.

I don't see it as a put-down of ATS at all...just a caution.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
I'd say if you are just sitting there 'reloading' the 'new posts' page then yeah, you might really be wasting a lot of time that might be better spent cleaning the garage, or repairing or painting your house, or even reading a book.

Hahahahaha.....I've actually caught myself doing that!!!

And once I do realize just what I'm doing a bit of self-loathing overcomes me, I turn off the pc and go find something productive to do.

I suggested the the Jacobs book to the OP because it is about getting away from the World Wide Web and revisiting the World Wide World for awhile.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I could say that work in general is a waste of time, unless it's doing something you are passionate about... because in the end, what are we working for? Pieces of paper? Numbers in bank computers?
Is that any more life than, let's say, being passionate about finding out the truth about the world around you?

I do admit, some things on this site are a waste of time, but you do get a lot of good information on here that you maybe wouldn't be able to find on your own. Why don't you tell that to Skeptic Overlord? Maybe he'll just agree with you and shuit this entire waste of time down

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What does it matter anyway? Everything we ever say or do will be wiped away by the passing of time. Im merely here to amuse myself. Thinking about the unthinkable. that is my passion.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Better to waste time with your family then on possible ways out of reality?

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

You know what's really nuts, to me atleast? Seeing all the mysteries in the world, and all the evil things that are taking place, and then just ignoring them, because they can't be explained, or are not admitted by the powers that be, or society and science.

Time spent investigating these issues, is time spent very well. Just don't over do it, like everything, it should be in balance, spend time with your family, and spend time researching.

Or, stick your head in the sand, like you advise.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I have considered the possibility that some of my wild suspicions and theories are folly because of my overwhelming imagination.

I am both extremely open minded and skeptical but I come to this site because the public as a whole has little interest in topics I find to be most interesting. Pervasive closed mindedness has no place here the same as hollowed out watermelons have no place anywhere near my scalp.

Unless of course the Wingman is playing devil's advocate.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

wingman77: do you watch TV? I suppose if you do it with your family then that makes it ok? What about reading books? Is that a waste of time too? How about going to church?

Your argument is biased. Everyone seeks self fulfillment. How they go about it isn't your business, unless it effects you in a negative fashion. And last I checked, a few harmless speculators on an internet forum isn't exactly threatening.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Listen, just because I've lined the walls of my house with tin foil, wear gloves 24/7 to avoid leaving fingerprints, and I haven't left the house in 6 months doesn't mean I'm neglecting the people around me.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Enigmania well said

...All of this obsession with UFOs, government conspiracy, Big Foot, and ghosts is distracting you all from your friends and family. This is all a big waste of time and is akin to an addiction to fiction. I'm not judging any of you, and I'm sorry if I offend, but I have realized that it's nuts to sit around here fantasizing and speculating about all of this stuff. I hope this doesn't consume you, and I hope you'll be there for those in your life that really matter. God bless you all.

i think you may be on to something , but make a faulty conclusion

i think alot of things are designed and created (carefully to appear genuine) so as to blur the lines and deflect the thoughts of those who question answers into "sexier topics" than those that may shed light on what the current finanicial-military heirarchy/complex is doing and why. Why do this?

there is lot's of people and thus "energy" devoted to thinking outside the box as well as looking for the truth regardless of what power heirarchy's are thrust into the coruption spotlite. people spending this time must be misled and DEFLECTED into "sexier" topics which sophisticated disinformation is dispensed in believable ways, not to say these topics are fiction, but that the focus is to take people's energy and thoughts into believable distorted topics which will generate more intrest than the boring "economic and banking heists" and governmental and corporate and media shenanigans running around and formulating a plan to maintain some semblance of *order* in society during a time of transition from the inevitable collapse and social chaos the will emenate from the most recent attempt of society's based on debt/credit=money

This latest attempt is on it's last legs as debt is reaching it's saturation point and this is a problem when growth is required to keep a house built on a shaky foundation from collapsing and further when debt issuance is the foundation of growth. Their may not be any more bubbles and it may be time to pay the piper. the one change i see to postpone this NWO or economic collapse and then rebirth, or whatever you wanna call it , may be to privatize social security because this is one "asset that working american's have that could boost equity (stock) markets and give people and illusion of continued prosperity and economic growth for another 2 years and wipe social security programs off the government's entitelment list when the stocks eventually "crash" i.e lose half ( a la freedie mac, fannie mae, etc) . no doubt this anger american's feel when the economy falls will have to be deflected (toward war or toward themselves i.e questioning thy neighbor thru homegrown terror suspisions a la terrorism prevention act, anything but questioning and blaming the federal reserves and their shadow banking industry (investment banks like goldman sachs, JP Morgan,etc) this deflection will be key during a time where an attempt at "order out of chaos" will be implemented. *Governments and national pride* may take the fall for mutlinational corporations as well as their investment (SHADOW) banking plutocracy's WHO cherish their power and are keen to make up plans to keep it amidst surverying any potential threats which will arise due to inherent structural problems rooted in their debt=money scheme. the time of chaos and economic hardship serves as a grand opportunity for the powerful heirarchy to manage the chaos in a way that is self serving to increase there influence and weight of authority in a way that maximizes a priceless oppurunity. This is not a conspiracy to them, it is very serious. As serious as the trillions of dollars they control. It is cut-throat business combined with the belief that order in society must be maintained at any cost. what you get is a chance to restore the structure of society based on some kind of model that has a chance to better reflect balance and equal rights as well as abolish usury ( issuance of debt w/ intrest) to the world's people and country's (which creates the potential framework for more peace and less suffering) but will in fact be attempted to be capitalized on by those powerful enough to plan and be aware of using this time as a great opportunity

what are the plans? it looks to me to erode national pride to lay the groundwork to reduce resistance to erasing national boundary's , pitting puppet politicians (representative and symbolic of their country's as unpopular, stupid, and responsible) erasing national pride is key to implementing some agenda's

We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries

what are the vehicles for this, what are the new "global" topics

is it to enslave the world in "debt" after a giant deflation of aritificially inflated asset values collpases, leaving still the same big mountain of bills (the ghost of debt taken on in order to attempt to profit from the asset inflation opportuntity's that no longer exist.

create or decide to care about global threats to match a more global society or future gov't. like Global warming (which must be man made to be effective) but back to ecnonimics for a sec

see inflation would inflate way debts, making them appear much smaller in relative size, in a delfation debts would be many times larger, relatively so.

how bout micro chipping a chaotic and desperate populous and promising them less violence when your financial goodies are kept on a chip and can't be stolen from you any more.

not to mention chips can be turned on or off for disobeying or acting or "thinking" in a way where your free speech happens to not parrallel or toe the lines of governing bodies and their progressively more authoritarian decisons. perhaps this will fall under "radical acts" and domestic terrorism. perhaps people in a state of survial may see a benefit in ratting out even their own friends or family , especially if rewards are given (maybe food or more money on your chips) for adherring to policy's. people minds will think much different thoughts should their standard of living be crushed, their priority's and personality will change.

perhaps detainment camps really exist or perhpas sub terranian "cities" really exist to house " dissenters" and those who are deemed "uselss eaters" not because gov'ts want to do this , but because they Need a back up plan to insure their existance should the transition from a "freer society which results from a high standard of living and world super power" to a low standard of living with more chaos, violence, economic dependence, and equality with the world become necessary, especially as the banking system appears to be on it's last legs. perhaps prison's couldn't currently house all the potential unruly.

This isn't mean to be seen as evil either, i mean if millions of people become unemployed and can't fend for themselves or their familes, may they not want an option such as a "camp" to go to which feeds them probably in exchage for providing some sort of cheap labor. or perhaps to maintain order (which will be mainted at all costs) . May less people be needed to work and produce i.e (inhabit the eath) after a financial collase due to less demand. would these people be taken to camps where they wont' further be dependant on handouts and further lower others standards of living? may people accept this inhumane treatments of others if they beleive man is threating the survial of the planet and some tuff decison need to be made. because of this may some in camps possibly c be infected w/ disease if it meant the continuation of order in society to cull the herd? do some power hungry elitist's believe it is survival of the fittest and the ends meet the means? I am skeptical but i surely hope it wouldn't come to this, but should we caution to rule this out considering no one cares about millions of sick and dieing people in africa.

when will this happen could be in late 2008, or it could be 2010 or 11 if social security becomes privatized and another bubble is inflated. either way the tide is rising and will drown out the poorer classes as they feel the effects of these "lower standards of living" especially as unemployment rises and consumer spending falls (dependant on home equity and possibly temporarily boosted by inflated sense of wealth made possible by inflating stocks asociated with privatizing social security, before they fall and wipe the entitlement liability of the gov't balance sheet. wall street is begging for the privatization of S.S because of the management fees they will earn for managing porfolio's but for transnational corporation and their investment banking brethren a more hamstrung and inept federal gov't may be the catalyst to label our country's BANKRUPT and weaken the legislative powers setting the stage for the rise of the international FINANCIAL-MILITARY COMPLEX and their solutions and new responsibilty's and powers to oversee the safety of citizens after governments take the blame for the fall.

all the while people are distracted by britney spears, american idol, and "sexier topics of coverups and conspiracy's"

EDIT: a succesful but temp. technique the federal reserve could take is to lower the Basel Bank Requirement from 8% to 5 or 6. this would free up money =banks lend out more debt

[edit on 19-12-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by albie
Better to waste time with your family then on possible ways out of reality?

Doing what, exactly? Just sitting around hugging each other all day? Believe me, that wouldn't work with my family.

Personally, I work at a job where I'm in front of the computer a lot. I have a job because I need money to live. I need to be here at work to take care of things when they pop up, but I don't always have anything immediately due. So I can't just run off and bathe lepers and add to the overall wonderfulness of the world. As a result, I fool around here and there on the Internet. Before the Internet, people used to read books or magazines or file their nails at work during down times.

Reality? Here it is. Eventually the hours and minutes of my life will tick down and I will die. Then all of my efforts, whether "productive" or not, will have amounted to pretty much nothing, anyway. Any lives I've saved, I've only saved them temporarily, as everybody will eventually die. And it all fades away into the past anyway. Who wouldn't want a way out of that reality once in a while?

I suppose that might seem like a depressing thought to some people, and the question arises, "Gee, why not just kill yourself?" But even suicide is kind of pointless when you think about it. Time will kill us all off soon enough.

Better start planning that Mount Everest climb, I guess. That would really be an accomplishment. NOT!

[edit on 19-12-2007 by Nohup]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
there is no such thing as "a wasting of time" merely the inability to find anything worthwhile in it the time you spend... every act has an equal value and the sooner we all realize that the happier we will all be... imo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join