It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist Suspects: "We Were Hunting Loch Ness Monster"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This is got to be the funniest thing I've seen in a while. The question I have is, were they "hunting" as in trying to prove Nessies existence? Or were they Hunting, as in Hunting with explosives lol.

FOX NEWS LINK

An east London electrician accused of having terror ties claimed he was not attending training camps but hunting for the Loch Ness Monster during a trip to Scotland with other terror suspects, the Scottish Daily Record reported Saturday.

Kader Ahmed, 20, who faces three counts of attending a place used for terrorist training, told a U.K. court that he visited Inverness and Loch Ness three years ago with a group organized by preacher Mohammed Hamid, the Daily Record reported. Four members of this group have been convicted in the July 21, 2005 London bomb plot.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I should really get some bonus points for finding an article that has
Terrorists AND The Loch Ness Monster!

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I absolutely agree Super70! Now if you can only find an article that claims the Loch Ness monster is a terrorist.

On a more serious note, I think that particular case does raise some interesting questions. In a post 9-11 world, how do we distinguish between certain actions that could under some circumstances be viewed as benign, but could also be considered threatening if the intent is different?

Paint ball for instance... if a group of young Muslim men begin regularly playing paint ball, how does one decide if it's harmless fun, or training for a terrorist attack without infiltrating the group or invading their privacy in less obvious manners (ie: wire taps)?

There is a fine line between protecting the public, and protecting a person's rights, and unfortunately those in the law enforcement community have to make that call on a regular basis.

I think some people forget this when they argue so vehemently against racial profiling or just as vehemently for giving law enforcement sweeping powers.

-Cypher

new topics

join