It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can ghosts hurt you

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have heard of them physically hurting people, well, not really ghosts, but demons. I don't know if ghosts are different from demons, I think they might be. Who knows for sure? I had a strange experience. I was at a Football Stadium at the Concession Stand, and I was walking back to my seat. A man from our church walked up to me and started telling me things that would happen to me in the future. Good things, and yes, they happened just as he said. Anyway, he started hitting me in the chest with the back of his hand. I was so shocked. This man is a very nice man, so it shocked me, and I thought "That's not him". So, I took a few steps to the stands, and the man was sitting up in the stands with his wife. He would not have had time to get back to his seat. I looked at my chest, and there were red marks, where the "entity" had hit me. I think it was some type of familiar spirit.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I was around maybe 12 or 13 when i was home alone one evening. I was standing in the kitchen trying to prepare a quick snack when i felt a chill. I was compelled to walk to the living room where i stood with my back towards one of the living room walls. As i looked around to see if anyone was there, i felt were long finger nails on my back. I didn't feel a malignant presence, quite the contrary, it was quite soothing. I also got a brief scent of a flowery perfume, rose with a hint of something strong.

When my mom had gotten home, i had told her that. She didn't say anything back, I got the impression that she didn't believe me.

A couple of nights later however, i smelt the same fragrance as that one night. When i had woken up the next day, I had a couple of scratches on my arm, not too deep but enough to irritate when taking a warm shower. I was wearing a long sleeve shirt so i couldn't explain how i might have scratched myself.
Is there a possibility of a spirit hurting you? Yes, but i don't think it could cause death. That's just what I think though

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I recall watching a documentary where a ghost was able to suffocate people while they were sleeping.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kifyt

1. Demonstrate ghosts exist
2. Demonstrate ghosts can hurt you

We've already demonstrated people exist, so the next step is showing ghosts exist. "First things first" etc.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I've had a few frightening experiences with what I guess you'd call ghost. Though they never harmed me, I did sense a lot of anger and hostility from them.

People always say you just dreamed or imagined them, but having actually experienced them, I know better. I think some people are just more sensitive to their presence like animals and children are.

Have you ever wonder if your children's imaginary friends are really imaginary? My little girl had such an imaginary friend, and had a very detailed history of her to relate. She knew her name, age, and where she had lived. Daisy seemed to have some connection to a toy broom we had given her.

The oddest part was how our daughter's vocabulary became very adult-like, and she knew about things and places she couldn't possibly know. Without any assitance she also began to read extremely well. She's a bright child, but her reading and comprehension were uncanny for a 4 year old.

We've moved since, and we made sure Daisy didn't make the trip with us. We've heard no more about Daisy thankfully. It was a very creepy experience to say the least.

[edit on 6/8/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by Kifyt

1. Demonstrate ghosts exist
2. Demonstrate ghosts can hurt you

We've already demonstrated people exist, so the next step is showing ghosts exist. "First things first" etc.

Hi Dave,

Do you believe we have souls?
Do you believe in demons?
Do you believe in demonic oppression?

If the answer is no then NO we cannot prove it, or try and explain it that you would believe. It is as clear as that. Many don't just believe but know that it is true as they have had first hand experience, something no one should wish for.

Fallen angels, demons, ghosts, spirits or whatever people call them are around us, but so are guardian angels protecting us from them. Some do get through due to reasons we cannot explain, there are theories as to why though.

I believe demons can and will hurt a person hence why some of us take precaution. Those who do not believe could very well not get attacked or oppressed as they already do not believe in a spiritual side, no need to work on non believers as they already chose a side. They don't just go after those who are weak at a given time but the lost ones as well.

My stupid opinion.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
You want to know about ghost that can hurt?
I am no an expert but I can tell you about this movie called “Entity” which deals about what you are asking for.
The movie is supposed to have been made from a true so called ghost event.
Very frightening stuff if you ask me…the movie of course!

Kacou

But that's not a ghost, that's a demon. Possesed people can also be hurt physically by a demon I think.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
yes they can i have been hurt by 1

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Ghosts ussualy do not hurt anyone, they are ussualy quiet observers.

If, nonetheless they do hurt someone, then that someone is either in the wrong place at the wrong time, or he has some connection with the Ghost.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
what happens if a person wakes up with scratches on them and don't know how they got them. the scratch marks looks like it been done with a blade or something sharp can a ghost or spirit can do it. i would really like someone to answer this for me thank you

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Interesting question...and one that has a whole host of possible explanations.

Of course one of the most logical explanations is that somehow the person unknowingly scratched/cut themselves on something sharp while they slept.
Certainly that would be a logical explanation.

However - I do know some people who have woken with all manner of marks, from scratches to bruises to cuts and even broken bones.
These people have been through the gamit of looking for sharp bits on/in/around their bed...wearing padded gloves to remove the possibility of unknowingly self-harming in their sleep...setting up video-cameras to ascertain if something was happening physically during their sleep...to binding themselves up in sleeping bags etc so as to not be able to physically move - and yet still they woke with marks/wounds.

I've read a bit about about some theories in regards to perhaps even the power of a persons mind may well effectively create these marks...if the person somehow *willed* them into being...

...perhaps other ATS Members may be able to shed some light on it...

...as for can ghosts/spirits do something like this? Well - this is purely anecdotal of course and I don't have any video evidence or otherwise of it...but I have seen some quite incredible stuff in various things I've been involved in (House/Land Blessings and the like) - such as people literally being tossed across rooms, cups flying off benchtops, pictures changing positions in rooms with noone around...usual cliche movie stuff...

My own belief would say to me "Yes. There are things capable of that"...however again, there are of course many other more logical explanations that are less fanciful that "Ghosties did it!"...so...such is the unknown huh...

Peace.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
There has been only one account of a ghost murdering someone. Oddly, he was a religious man. So, the death would of been completely uncalled for. His daughter woke up once and saw an entity run up the hall, go into her room, and lock the door. She got up to unlock it and run to her parents, when she was pushed back by an unseen force, and while being strangled and lifted into the air, slapped till blood came every hit. This case was much worse than the Amityville Horror case, cause in the Amityville Horror case not a single soul was injured, or killed. These events can be seen in the movie An American Haunting.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I was pushed down the stairs in my grandmother's house.

Also, in a hotel room in Stratford, I was leaning out of the window and felt myself pushed. I also slept there that night and woke with scratches across both breasts.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfriend

I'd query whether there is only one account - or perhaps its more one recorded account...even then I'd be surprised if it was just one, add to that what people may accept as a method of recording accounts.

I know of a number of what my people call Purakau - or stories/accounts - of people who have been killed by what we term Kehua - or spirits/ghosts...Kehua sent in vengence against an enemy, that kinda thing.

Then again, they could well be simple stories...or they could be misinterpretation, or even the *victim* themselves having such a strong belief in those things that when they have heard a Kehua had been *dispatched* to target them they believed it so strongly they effectively 'killed themselves' through their belief that they were going to die - much like some people believe Voodoo to be...

Peace.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
i'm going to say yes. I'm not sure if it was a "ghost" but i had an entity, which i could communicate with, move things in my house. I'm not going to presume to know what it was, but it was supernatural, and i think it could have hurt me if it wanted to.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
On Most Haunted they interviewed a woman who worked in a haunted building, one day she bent over to put a plug in the socket, and she suddenly felt claws scratching at her extremely quickly, like an angry cat does. The spooky part is she doesn't own a cat and there was poltergeist activity that day. There was a photo and her neck was covered in bleeding scatches.
Scary stuff...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Yes ghosts can even kill you for a documented example I suggest you google the bell witch.

To start you off here is a wiki link but the whole story is quite large and detailed.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
When people ‘die’ or pass into the 4th dimension, the spirit or soul is detached from the physical body, and is assisted to a place of safety. But there are people who don’t want to go there, because they see that they are still ‘alive’. They can still see the room in which they just ‘died’, and the people gathered there, and hear them speak. They’ve tried to talk to the people, but it’s the strangest thing; they get no answer, and their old body is still on the bed.

So they throw a cup on the floor to attract attention, but there is still no conversation with them, because the people can’t see or hear the deceased. Someone who has just died is the same as they were a few moments ago when they were alive. If they were good people, they will still be good; and if they are evil, they will still be evil.

An evil discarnate entity who doesn’t want to be taken to a place of safety will tend to hang around the places they know, and they feed on the evil they will find there. It’s like attracting like. Yes, a discarnate entity can harm you physically if it so wishes, and has the power to do so, and if you are not spiritually evolved and protected from them. But the physical body will heal, and that isn’t the worst of what they can do.

For people who dabble with the occult and Ouija boards, there is the ever present danger of attracting an evil discarnate entity, and if they are stronger than you, they can attach themselves to you and make you do things which you don’t want to; and this can last for the rest of your life. I know because I have seen examples of this with my own eyes.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t contact people in the afterlife, but you should be aware that these dangers exist and that you should seek protection through your higher mind before you proceed.

Many people will not believe what I have written, and I have no problem with that, but I hope that they will remember this warning, just in case they should ever be in a situation like this in future, for the danger is very real.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I remember when I was a kid, stepping out from my bathroom just wrapped in a towel and standing on the bath mat. I suddenly felt four stinging slaps across my cheeks and I was too stunned after to react or say anything. There was only a cupboard next to me so I was puzzled where the slaps came from. I remember thinking at the time that they felt like bat wings (I don't know why I thought that as I really don't know what it feels like to have bat wings slapping my cheeks).

A few possible explanations:

1. I had an overactive imagination

2. Tactile hallucinations

3. A spirit

I don't think my imagination could have produced something that felt so real, so I would put it down to 2. or 3. They were strong and rapid slaps across my cheeks.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by odi_gid_niria]

[edit on 2-2-2009 by odi_gid_niria]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join