It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can ghosts hurt you

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
When i mean hurt I mean physically. Not by hurling objects or anything like that but cud they cut you themselves? Has anyone gotton hurt by a ghost but not from falling/something being hurled at them etc. Is it common?

---------------------------------
Fixed spelling in title

[edit on 17/12/07 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You want to know about ghost that can hurt?
I am no an expert but I can tell you about this movie called “Entity” which deals about what you are asking for.
The movie is supposed to have been made from a true so called ghost event.
Very frightening stuff if you ask me…the movie of course!

Kacou

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
What's a ghot?

Ghost are generally believed, at least by me, to be spirits of the departed who have unfinished tasks, or were killed before finishing them. I suppose it would depend upon just how angry they are...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

I'll probably check that movie out, sounds pretty interesting...

Ghosts aren't known to harm people though. They like to just stick around and spook you out apparently.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Lol sorry bout the title

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kifyt

Ghosts/spirits have been known to make wounds appear on people ... but rest assured this is very rare.

I get called-out to public-houses, private homes etc. sometimes, to find-out about a resident spirit and if necessary move it on it's way ... personally I've never come across any truly malevalent ghosts ... but I believe such things exist. However, it is more likely that this type of entity only manages to make it's presence felt when invited (inadvertently or otherwise), via inexperienced people messing with things they don't understand or have not made preventative measures to guard against.

Generally, if a ghost is the spirit of a departed person who was good in life ... they will be the same in death. But we all know everyone isn't 'good' in life don't we.

Do you ask for a specific reason or just curiosity ?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rationalgaze

is the link below for the movie...look for your self...also read the comment.

www.imdb.com...

kacou

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have no idea if it's common but I think that spirits can send off energy so if it's negative enough and they know what buttons to push with you it could happen. If you think this is going on with you put up a shield around you. All you have to do is in your inner eye see yourself and put a bright white light around you. The brighter the light the more powerful the shield. This is the one I've used since a spirit once tried to attack me and it works great! No probs at all and I can still communicate well with my guides. Also after I put the shield up I had to say which spirits were allowed to come through so I can communicate with them clearly.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by SouthernBelle82]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ghosts (or that which is invisible) can hurt physically. I’ve not gotten hurt by this ‘unseen force’ but the ‘poltergeist’ activity one night sure scared the heck out of me. The strikes upon the edge of my bed were twice in the same night. I know it’s not the springs of the mattress because I was wide awake when this incident occurred. If ‘it’ wanted to harm me, I’m sure that this was just a warning. I still sleep in that bedroom, too. So far nothing scary happened afterwards.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I heard that ghosts can make scratches and stuff like that but I don't think they can severely injure you.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
My exgirlfreinds mother was about as straight as the day is long, her husband a state trooper. She recounted one day after dinner at their place that her brother in West Virginia where they formerly lived was flung about his bedroom by unseen entitie(s). Body slammed a few times too.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
One of the investigators of TSI had the sensation of someone squeezing their head.

I've felt the side of my neck poked, like someone was poking me with their finger, but it wasn't enough pressure to be hurt.

I'd say if they could manifest themselves to that point of energy, then sure they could hurt you. That's assuming it's an intelligent haunting.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hi.

What are Ghosts?? Aren't they those living creatures in the skies having eight arms of electric charges? They use Sun's energy to feed on, and may use human power resources to have their energy. They can cut with their arms, and can attack well. When charged up, they glow in beautiful white colour. However, they don''t have the desire to attack humans.

Aliens are scared of these ghosts. Very scared.

Supposedly the octopus was created for the ghosts to make them glad.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
this is the second time within a year that i have woke up with about 4-5 deep wide long bleeding scratches on my upper legs. i wear pants to bed and they arent torn. I have never had long nails and couldnt have possibly cut myself. i have pets, but none that sleep in my room, my 5mth old is sometimes in there, and of course he couldnt do it.
my nails are so short they are below the tips of my fingers. my mom blames me for them, but i canhonsetly say it makes me scared that i dont know how they are getting there.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I think I have a great answer to this question, let me know.

I used to really be into watching Ghost Hunters the television show. I have concluded that if you remain calm and nice there is absolutely nothing to worry about. But there was this one episode where the Ghost Hunters TAPPS took the other approach, there was a small room where they got high EMF readings and certain sensations and stuff. They decided to try provokeing the Ghost by hollering insults like, you are a coward over and over. Finally after just a few minutes one of the TAPPS crew was assulted by the Ghost in a very real way. I kindof remember that he fell to the ground. When they got to the light they could see what appeared to be a type of electrical burn on his backside that they couldn't really described. I have never seen the ghost hunters ever provoke a Ghost again.

On another note, my step son was watching television in his room about a year ago. he had two TV's setup next to each other and one TV only had a blue screen on. That television spoke his name at least twice, and when he responded by to the television the he felt a cold sensation go through his body.

Even the bible talks about Ghosts, Jesus called them unclean spirits. Usually these unclean devils would take over the body and make the person hurt himself. There was a man with a legion of these spirits inside of his and he would run around naked, shouting and screaming and hurting himself.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

I saw this movie at the drive in , my parents took me to watch it at 7....screwed me up for a while till I saw it again at 26. That is a messed up movie...still gives me the creeps

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Normally they don't hurt a person!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I can answer a big YES to this. I personally had an experiance last summer *2007* at a local "haunted" theater ( I didn't know of the haunting stories until after the incident.) there were 3 of us in the entire place and we were walking on the upper level. When we got up there I got a feeling of a younger girl. ( I can usually tell when spirits are near, though I am not a psychic or anything, just kind of sensitive to them I guess) When we turned down the hallway, I had my hair pulled HARD, my head actually snapped backwards with NOTHING around, or above me. I was behind the other 2 people.
Later I found that it is common for Females to have their hair pulled or be pushed by one of the "ghosts" as "she" is jealous of females who come in with men. (I found out later that she is reportedly a former "lady of the night" around age 20,inhabiting the theater. the rumored history is that the upper levels of the building were used as a hotel/brothel in the early 1900s)

Before it is asked I do not have video or pictures or anything of this. But is my personal account.

I have encountered many spirits in my life, and fully believe in them This was the only physical phenomenon that has happened to me. So I believe ghosts really do have the capability to harm those they wish to. I believe most are fairly docile though.

Sorry for the novel, I hope it is helpful.

[edit on 5/30/08 by Cheyracingchick]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Spirits can hurt you physically. There have been a couple of episodes of TAPS where they've been hit, pushed, or knocked down. My uncle lives in a haunted house and he's been physically hit by the unseen force dwelling there. My Mom has been hit by a ghost in a house she lived in. My cousin was thrown into a wall in a badly haunted house she grew up in, and her sister was forced into a closet and locked in, even though there was no lock or latch on the door.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Actually, yes, they can. I've heard it quite a few times, but you know, I reall believe it, but i never had any experience.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join