It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small explosion at News Corp. NY building (FOX)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Small explosion at News Corp. NY building

www.reuters.com

It is said to be an industrial accident on floors 42 to 45. Not much known at this point.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

-------------------------
edited in proper headline

[edit on 17/12/07 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm concerned for a family member working there but I don't know anything at this time.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Why are you reporting this as an 'attack'?

The article says it's most likely an accident of some kind.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Perhaps just a Janitor spilling industrial bleach accidentally in the restrooms.

An attack indeed.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
An explosion was heard,so you never know it could be some kind of attack.
I would think this would be on Fox news now if it was.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It was probably just a load of windbags expelling a load of hot air as usual. He might as well call it an attack, no doubt Fox news will be blaming Al Qaeda for it. Probablt find Silverstein just recently insured it and it'll come tumbling down soon.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
nothing on the news.

FOXNews is talking about random stuff.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
if the fox news building is being evacuated - would they still be able to update their website and news feeds? just a thought

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I find it funny that an "explosion" is reported in the FOX building, the top four floors are evacuated, the street outside is shut down...

...yet nothing on the FOXnews website...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
NEWS LINK

Nothing big, just a small accident and I seriously recommend you change your sexed up title!

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Why would a chem explosion hit 3 floors? We all know the media HAS to downplay anything these days. Dont let the terrorists win with media news right. maybe it was i don't know but it's breaking news and I wanna know now. I am calling US internationally but not getting through to my aunt who's in marketing FOX

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 00PS

You can probably relax a bit.
Only one person was hurt, and it was not a Fox employee. It was the guy who most likely caused the problem in the first place.

Officials say a Department of Environmental Protection worker was conducting an inspection when the chemical explosion went off, and he was injured.

Your aunt is probably one of the 700 people that were evacuated from the building and she's out on the sidewalk talking on her cell, and freezing her tail off.

The 3 floors were not offices, just mechanical stuff. Unless your trying to say they're sneaking a nuke in during the evacuation, it doesn't appear like its a big deal at this point.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Thirst

"Small explosion at News Corp. NY building" is the title of the referenced news story.

According to the TACs, that's what must be used on all submissions to a news forum here: the title of the referenced news story.

The only "sexing up" that could be inferred here is the inclusion of FOX in parenthesis to alert the punters who have no clue that News Corp = FOX, IMHO.

That said, thanks for the additional link.

I find it amusing, according to your link, (which BTW, was titled "Small Chemical Explosion Reported at Fox News" which is even more misleading, again, IMHO) that the offices for FOX "news" are located in the basement.

What an appropriate location for the likes of such a one-sided, bottom-feeding organization, IMHO.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I've been watching Fox news all day and they haven't even mentioned it...weird.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I've finally got in touch with my aunt in NY over intl. lines from China where I am and it seems she doesn't really know but the evac seemed like a drill, she's a bit shaken but she says everything seems fine. good news for now

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 00PS

Thats good news.

Here's an update:

FDNY is reporting a possible reaction of "approximately 30 gallons of hazardous chemicals" as the cause of this morning's 10:39 a.m. explosion at the News Corp. building.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Stupid "terrorists!"

They put the "bomb" on the wrong floor.

They should have put it in the basement.

Seriously though, glad to hear your aunt's ok 00PS, that's good news.

top topics

join