It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Raises Over $6 Million in 24-Hours!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Ron Paul Raises Over $6 Million in 24-Hours!

www.usatoday.com

Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, raised an astounding $6 million and change Sunday, his campaign said, almost certainly guaranteeing he'll outraise his rivals for the Republican nomination in the fourth quarter and likely will be able to fund a presence in many of the states that vote Feb. 5.

Paul's campaign spokesman late Sunday announced the campaign had eclipsed the $5.7 million that John Kerry raised the day after he locked up the 2004 Democratic presidential nomination – arguably the largest single-day fundraising haul in U.S. political history.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Wow. Simply amazing! Go Dr. Ron!!!
If this trend keeps up, he'll not only win the nomination, he'll win the White House! People are really coming out of the woodwork for this guy (myself included).

I never imagined that I would vote for a Republican, but Ron Paul is the best candidate from either party!

Ron Paul 2008 - Hope For America!

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This is awesome news, but it's crazy that the MSM really isn't reporting this. CNN has a story about Lieberman endorsing McCain for president, Like anyone cares about this. Record breaking news by a candidate doesn't rate a story on CNN, but anything about McCain does??

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Nice going people.

This man and movement he creates gives me new hope for America and the World.

Respect from the Netherlands

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well it seems that Ron Paul is becoming very popular to the point that is gaining financial support from its followers.

Now I will love to know who is its biggest and more wealthy financial supporters.

We all know how involved is corporate America and interest groups in our politics, after all our government has deviated from the will of the people to cater to their biggest financial supporters once in office.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
MSM isn't going to ever give him attention, they are afraid of him, I've stated the reasons why in some recent threads regarding Dr. Paul but in short, they cant get dirt on him, and this whole game is won and lost by the dirt...

So they can show him in all his glory and he will most certainly get the nomination, or they cant ignor him and hope We The People don't notice him...

No other candidate has the dedication from there supporters as Dr.Paul, We will show up on election day, unlike those who claim they will vote but really won't...

You don't pick a candidate like Dr.Paul unless you know the issues, and once you know the issues you will do everything you can to change them.. believe this Paul supporters will show up in full and we will win...

Take that to the bank.

This revolution has just begun.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by C0le]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

He doesn't accept donations from corporate or special interest groups, Its completely grassroots.

And both record breaking donations on Nov 5th, and now Dec 16th, were 100% lead by the grassroots not his campaign...

This isn't like the special interest top down candidates, this is bottom up.. 100% The People.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by C0le]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by keeb333
If this trend keeps up, he'll not only win the nomination, he'll win the White House!

I support Ron Paul, but it will take a lot more than just money to win the republican party nomination. He's only got about 4% support within his own party and you can blame that on the way he's been treated by right wing media, especially talk radio. They go out of their way to avoid talking about him, even when he achieves huge success like this fund raiser. If they absolutely can't avoid mentioning his name, they claim he's a nut and move right along.

If you want Ron Paul to win the nomination, everybody is going to have to register as a republican and actually go vote in the state primaries. If you leave it to the republicans he will never even come close to winning.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hey guys, didn't you notice the article source: USA Today!

How much more mainstream media can you get? I've also seen articles in the LA Times, Washington Post, the AP, and Boston Herald. MSM is finally starting to pay the good doctor some heed!

Keeb

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

How much more mainstream media can you get? I've also seen articles in the LA Times, Washington Post, the AP, and Boston Herald. MSM is finally starting to pay the good doctor some heed!

Keeb

True but they really have no choice when this happens they have to report it, but imagine the coverage this would get for Hillary or Rudy... It would be on 24/7 loop....

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

If you want Ron Paul to win the nomination, everybody is going to have to register as a republican and actually go vote in the state primaries. If you leave it to the republicans he will never even come close to winning.

This is true; fortunately I live in TN, an open primary state! I'll be voting for Ron Paul, along with lots of other people! The GOP is going to be overwhelmed with all the Paul support.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Thanks C0le, I did my homework and check the internet for any articles on Ron Paul and its financiers and I have to say that I could not find anything wrong.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I believe that I read somewhere today that Ron Paul's median contribution for the $6 million amount was about 40 bucks, plus remember the actual maximum for an individual is $2300. That's a good bit of people.

Very happy to hear this news, let's hope the snowball grows more while it rolls down the mountain.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Very happy to hear this news, let's hope the snowball grows more while it rolls down the mountain.

Even before Ron Paul announced to run for presidency, he already understood the severe state of the US economy. He warned that the Dollar would collapse if nothing changes. A president like Ron Paul is all I could wish for. It would be great to have a president like him here in the country I live.

However, a huge problem is media attention. There's a very strong Republican lobby going on and I've the idea he's being boycotted most of the time.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Mdv2]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
They didn't even mention how it was on the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party did they? If you have seen that mentioned I'd love to know where, certainly not CNN. However, when it was Guy Fawkes day, they gladly brought that up over and over to make it more negative.

They are just this time like, "Ron Paul raised 6 million" and the uninspired and uninformed care not why or what story behind it, rofl. Just 6 million dollars, world record, no big deal. But who donated, how, and what made them all do it on one day? Not a thought for that lol.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Novise]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well I am pleased to see Ron doing well in the fund raising stakes and I don't want take anything away from the achievement. But I do have to question if that level of fund raising is sustainable for any significant amount of time. Mind you even with the massive costs involved at the Federal level Paul could probably still do all right with roughly half the current figures.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Keeb

I also heard about this on Fox News yesterday.

You've got to hand it to the man - he seems to be the people's choice!

apc

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Their methodology would allow it. I didn't get the solicitation for this last donation drive, but the first one just requested and actually averaged about $100 per donation. That would make this one around 60,000 donations. The money's good but I'm not sure if it really means anything yet.

>
Ah. Yup. www.ronpaulgraphs.com...

[edit on 18-12-2007 by apc]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I feel sad for Ron Paul and his supporters. Even with all the money his supporters have gathered up and with his huge internet militia that he has gathered he is still not going to become president. I just wish he didnt waste the 6mil before he finds out. That money could be put to much better use.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

Eh, don't feel sad.
His supporters have finally found a candidate that they believe in.

Looks like the Total will roll past 20 million, for the quarter.
Incredible numbers..Incredible amount of support.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join