It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jury Finds Millionaires Guilty in 'Modern Day Slavery' Case

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think the best thing for these two would be to send them to a work camp.

Like the good old days, you work your ass off, or we shoot you.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

The husband is Indian and the wife is Indonesian.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by captainplanet

Originally posted by captainplanet
I’m sorry but I don’t understand your reasoning. If the job pays, Americans will take it. If no American will take your job for its offered pay, perhaps you should up the pay.

Not talking about your country.... It's even written in the bit you quoted me... sigh...

:bnghd:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Originally posted by IAmTetsuo
Thanks to political correctness; this rich Indonesian couple will probably get 5 years or less for mistreating poor Indonesians.

The rich couple is Indian, not Indonesian.

As someone else pointed out, the wife was ethnically Indonesian, which is critical in this discussion. Many similar cases of exploitation involve the exploiters and victims being of the same ethnic group. Most crimes, really, are intra-ethnic in nature - despite what the Left says about blacks being the victims of whites, and the Right saying that whites are the victims of blacks.

And not Indian like the kind that the Europeans massacred in the 1500-1900s, but the Indians that the Europeans massacred in the 1800-1900s.

And whom the Persians, Arabs, and Mughals massacred long before then. The Europeans simply picked up where the Persians, Arabs, and Mughals left off.

For a judge to throw the book at them would be an act of "racist white-male cultural insensitivity". Of course if a white family has treated non-white servants the same way, they'll get the maximum sentence possible, plus lawsuits, plus media vilification.

So they'll get less time because of their race, and not because they can buy freedom?

Both.

Political Correctness means that only white people can be criminals, and that only non-white minorities can be victims.

And the fact that 70% of the American prison population is non-white probably doesn't tell you anything does it?

Non-white. By that you mean mostly black and Hispanic. Asians are non-white too, but American prisons are hardly packed with those of Asian descent. It tells me that some cultures are dysfunctional, and they need to go beyond the victim mentality and try to improve. This doesn't mean that blacks, etc. are bad people. It's just that right now, they are collectively responsible for most of their own problems. The days of slavery, Jim Crow, segregated washrooms, and evil white landlords are over.

Jewish history was basically 2,500 years of living hell. Anything bad that happened to Africans and Native Americans happened to Jews too - slavery, genocide, ethnic cleansing, apartheid, forced relocation. So how come prisons aren't packed with Jews? Or Armenians, Vietnamese, or Irish? None of these were Mayflower WASPS either; and they had their own tragic histories. But they survived and succeeded, and overcame racism.

How come in the Rodney King riots it was hordes of black slumdwellers smashing up Korean-owned shops - and not the reverse?

Political correctness has not helped any people from the tribal ethnic groups that it supposed to help.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
I think the best thing for these two would be to send them to a work camp.

Like the good old days, you work your ass off, or we shoot you.

Problem is, there exists the phrase "cruel and unusual punishment". Those SOBs probably deserve to be in a labour camp, but you'll never see them there, even if they did commit a cruel and unusual crime.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join