It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I have a few words about Mr. Paul

page: 6
53
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I already addressed your FEMA sarcasm with someone else's so I won't do that again. And what do you do when there's no money in your state? What if you're Rhode Island and half of your state gets whipped out by a hurricane and it's worse than Katrina? And what if those states can't do anything to help you cause of their own problems or no more money? I guess you're #ed. Oh and it isn't up to Paul either if he was president. It'd be up to Congress. He can veto it but they can always over ride it. Oh well I guess you didn't think that one through.


Originally posted by turbokid

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82
And if we do have an event again like Katrina and all those hurricanes hitting he's against FEMA too so goodbye to that.

[


since FEMA did such a good job


Pauls stance is that once the federal government gets involved, cutting through the red tape becomes nearly impossible and nobody can take any action. Katrina was a perfect example.
Paul would leave it up to the states to manage their own emergencies. imagine that, local people coming up with plans for their own safety.
relying on the federal government for your safety is akin to relying on Al Bundy's dodge to get you to work




posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I'm not going to repeat myself so this is all I'm saying.


Originally posted by aravoth

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82
So again don't insult me because I have the nerve to disagree with you. Deal with it.


If the truth is insulting to you then the problem is yours to sort out. I could not, in any way shape or form, care less if you have a problem with facts, that is something you have deal with.



posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
So than tell me who could vote before the Civil Rights act of 1964? I'll be waiting to hear this one.


Originally posted by aravoth

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82
Well according to Ron Paul only if you're white and male and own land.


I'm starting to get mildly annoyed with your lies now.



posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82
I'm not going to repeat myself so this is all I'm saying.


There is no need to repeat yourself! Your words speak volumes to your integrity.



posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Just a little word of encouragement for those keeping their cool in this thread.
Politics is personal. And everything against "your candidate" feels like an attack.
Even when it's not.
so, props to those who are keeping their heads.

And remember "how would YOUR candidate respond".

carry on!!



posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Why are we provoking libelous comments from a self-proclaimed socialist? I mean no offense, but this is a thread about Ron Paul, a Republican to beat all Republicans AND Democrats. He is the only real supporter of liberties and citizens rights - enough of this babble about him being racist and against civil liberties


Back to the topic - Ron Paul's censorship by the mainstream media , and apparently, internet users. I have seen more attacks on Ron Paul then alot of well-deserving mainstream candidates, despite the claim that he is somehow less popular, the negative attention he gets from some people means otherwise.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by NewWorldOver]



posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   



posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82
I already addressed your FEMA sarcasm with someone else's so I won't do that again. And what do you do when there's no money in your state? What if you're Rhode Island and half of your state gets whipped out by a hurricane and it's worse than Katrina? And what if those states can't do anything to help you cause of their own problems or no more money? I guess you're #ed. Oh and it isn't up to Paul either if he was president. It'd be up to Congress. He can veto it but they can always over ride it. Oh well I guess you didn't think that one through.



So if it isnt up to him why are you so worried that he will get rid of it?



posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82
So don't insult me with your holier than thou bull#. It doesn't work on me. Leave it in your ass where it belongs.


I think that's enough. Maybe it's time to read some threads for candidates that you support, rather than behaving this way in a Ron Paul loyalist thread.



posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I just want to apologize to all of the members of ATS. I am sorry, I have let you all down in the past, because I have voted for Bush not once but twice. I have no idea what on earth I was thinking going for a second time. I think that it was because everyone else that was running would have been worse. I should have just not voted at all.

I would defiantly not vote at all if it wasn't for Ron Paul. Knowing full well that the Elites (Powers That Be) control everything and no matter what happens, whoever they want in will get in. But even knowing that I think that we need to try, at least to have another thing to show the brain washed masses whats really going on.

I just want to say that no matter what happens, our community (ATS) and the voice that we have here will always be 100 times more powerful than the super corrupt, brain washing, manipulating politics that goes on today. Don't you ever forget this. Yes, our community is way more important than Ron Paul.

In saying that lets try to make it the best that it can be by stopping the childish insults and lets all have a good discussion. So lets just agree to disagree with (SouthernBelle82) and move on. It was a good debate at first but its getting out of hand now.

I do have one question though - Is there any website that we can goto right now to put in a vote on the pole for Ron Paul?



posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Yeah they actually have. My city used to be one of the top ten dirtiest cities in the country back in the 60's/70's and now it's very clean and beautiful and nicknamed the "scenic city" even. Uh hun I used the documentary to show how things would be like if the government was privitized like our military is becoming. PLEASE FREAKIN READ WHAT I SAY! If you're not going to read and comprehend what I'm typing to you than don't bother. Once again with business everything is private. With the government it's out in the open. I find it very interesting how you all are so trusting of these so-called corporations. Huh until you get #ed by a China toy with poison.


Originally posted by aravoth


Laws that will not benefit you at all. Have they? Has any environmental law benefited you yet?

I'm so glad to see you brought up 'Iraq for sale' and tried to use it as an example of what the war would be like under a Paul administration. Especially since he voted against the War, and has said he would begin troop withdrawals immediately. It is because of this that I am somewhat confused by you bringing up such a fine documentary in an attempt to smear Dr. Paul.

I don't know, to this day, how your mighty ship of state has attempted to stop the abuses of power with regard to military contractors. Perhaps you have an example, I mean, At least the government will protect you from this sort of thing, right?

The question does remain however. Prior to 1913 we were the largest, most technologically advanced trading power the world had ever seen throughout the entire history of the human race. And we did it all under the same conditions that Ron Paul wants to return us too.

The only thing I can gather with absolute clarity in every post you have written in this thread thus far, is that your logic is severely flawed.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by aravoth]

[edit on 18-12-2007 by aravoth]



posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82
So don't insult me with your holier than thou bull#. It doesn't work on me. Leave it in your ass where it belongs.


Originally posted by aravoth

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82
I'm not going to repeat myself so this is all I'm saying.


There is no need to repeat yourself! Your words speak volumes to your integrity.

Okay thats it, please take your "opinions" into another thread, you are completely out of line and you are derailing my thread.



posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I honestly don't have time tonight to read all the pages but I did read everything on his official site. Not much to argue with and what I did read does not back up the claims made about him.

I'm sure someone else has brought this up, but - If he is indeed unelectable then every time a Democrat would donate money to him it would help put a Democrat in the Whitehouse would it not? Just saying. If I were a less than honest person and I belonged to a Party (just the thought of joining one gives me a chill) in this case the Democrats, I would immediately know that every dollar I donate to Paul is a dollar that would help the Democratic Candidate. Conspiracy? Could be?



posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Well sure unless you're a teacher, a woman, a union member or you work for the government. Under Ron Paul I guess I should start looking for a corporation to work for and get paid $.25 an hour.


Originally posted by housegroove23
I just want to apologize to all of the members of ATS. I am sorry, I have let you all down in the past, because I have voted for Bush not once but twice. I have no idea what on earth I was thinking going for a second time. I think that it was because everyone else that was running would have been worse. I should have just not voted at all.

I would defiantly not vote at all if it wasn't for Ron Paul. Knowing full well that the Elites (Powers That Be) control everything and no matter what happens, whoever they want in will get in. But even knowing that I think that we need to try, at least to have another thing to show the brain washed masses whats really going on.

I just want to say that no matter what happens, our community (ATS) and the voice that we have here will always be 100 times more powerful than the super corrupt, brain washing, manipulating politics that goes on today. Don't you ever forget this. Yes, our community is way more important than Ron Paul.

In saying that lets try to make it the best that it can be by stopping the childish insults and lets all have a good discussion. So lets just agree to disagree with (SouthernBelle82) and move on. It was a good debate at first but its getting out of hand now.

I do have one question though - Is there any website that we can goto right now to put in a vote on the pole for Ron Paul?



posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
So I guess his voting record isn't good enough for you. How sad. Huh than again you guys don't trust the federal government even though you're working and putting your trust in someone who is still a part of that same intity. How ironic.


Originally posted by Blaine91555
I honestly don't have time tonight to read all the pages but I did read everything on his official site. Not much to argue with and what I did read does not back up the claims made about him.

I'm sure someone else has brought this up, but - If he is indeed unelectable then every time a Democrat would donate money to him it would help put a Democrat in the Whitehouse would it not? Just saying. If I were a less than honest person and I belonged to a Party (just the thought of joining one gives me a chill) in this case the Democrats, I would immediately know that every dollar I donate to Paul is a dollar that would help the Democratic Candidate. Conspiracy? Could be?



posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
So all you Ron Paul people stop acting like that towards me and it won't have to happen. Here I thought you all were supposed to be for "liberty" and "freedom" but apparently not! You're all for it until someone like me comes a long and than you get your holier than thou bull# attitude and force your beliefs onto others and if they don't agree you act like #! Why don't you start acting like your rhetoric?


Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82
So don't insult me with your holier than thou bull#. It doesn't work on me. Leave it in your ass where it belongs.


Originally posted by aravoth

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82
I'm not going to repeat myself so this is all I'm saying.


There is no need to repeat yourself! Your words speak volumes to your integrity.

Okay thats it, please take your "opinions" into another thread, you are completely out of line and you are derailing my thread.


[edit on 18-12-2007 by SouthernBelle82]



posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SouthernBelle82
 



And you have yet to prove that he isn't included. Your word a lone isn't proof.


It’s not even my words, but ok.


Socialism means little faith in each other? You really need to do some research on socialism hun. Please do it before you talk about socialism again k?


I started the sentence with “I think”, implying opinion. It is my opinion that thinking states can’t make good decisions shows a lack of faith in the state government, which is more directly affected by people than the federal government.



Oh and we're supposed to have a federal government. Once again read that Constitution you guys are always going on about k? And he'd let corporations pollute our waters too so goodbye drinking water.


Your entire argument is based on ignoring state level government, Ron Paul believes people are conscious enough to shape their state government’s responsibly. Ron Paul is perfectly inline with the constitution. If your state wants socialistic programs, that’s up to your state. If the majority of the people in your state are pro-life, then because of those people, you will have to travel to another state to get your abortion.


Wow did you fall asleep in history class? Did you forget who all could vote before the Civil Rights Act of 1964? PLEASE PLEASE read your history! And I mean actual history.


Please try not to be so absolute, he made good points as to why he voted against it. You can’t honestly believe he would allow non-whites and women to be locked out of elections.


And what do you do when there's no money in your state? What if you're Rhode Island and half of your state gets whipped out by a hurricane and it's worse than Katrina? And what if those states can't do anything to help you cause of their own problems or no more money?


It would be up to the people to freely go in their wallets to help out through charities and the like. The money comes from the people either way.



posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SouthernBelle82
 



And you have yet to prove that he isn't included. Your word a lone isn't proof.


It’s not even my words, but ok.


Socialism means little faith in each other? You really need to do some research on socialism hun. Please do it before you talk about socialism again k?


I started the sentence with “I think”, implying opinion. It is my opinion that thinking states can’t make good decisions shows a lack of faith in the state government, which is more directly affected by people than the federal government.



Oh and we're supposed to have a federal government. Once again read that Constitution you guys are always going on about k? And he'd let corporations pollute our waters too so goodbye drinking water.


Your entire argument is based on ignoring state level government, Ron Paul believes people are conscious enough to shape their state governments responsibly. Ron Paul is perfectly inline with the constitution. If your state wants socialistic programs, that’s up to your state. If the majority of the people in your state are pro-life, then because of those people, you will have to travel to another state to get your abortion.


Wow did you fall asleep in history class? Did you forget who all could vote before the Civil Rights Act of 1964? PLEASE PLEASE read your history! And I mean actual history.


Please try not to be so absolute, he made good points as to why he voted against it. You can’t honestly believe he would allow non-whites and women to be locked out of elections.


And what do you do when there's no money in your state? What if you're Rhode Island and half of your state gets whipped out by a hurricane and it's worse than Katrina? And what if those states can't do anything to help you cause of their own problems or no more money?


It would be up to the people to freely go in their wallets to help out through charities and the like. The money comes from the people either way.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by captainplanet]



posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I honestly don't have time tonight to read all the pages



Yeah... everyone thank 'southernbelle' for turning this thread into her personal anti-Paul blog
I've already sent an ALERT for derailing this thread so badly.



posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I also have had enough of the trollish behavior, untruths, and other nonsense with certain party’s who I need not name. I say we just stop feeding the troll, and maybe it will find another bridge to park itself under.



new topics

top topics



 
53
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join