It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I have a few words about Mr. Paul

page: 2
53
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
You really think he would win? Look at the issues being talked about now. He's against any sort of national health care program, he's against public schools, he voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 when it was up for restoration and he thinks corporations should be able to do whatever the hell they want so say goodbye to telling them to not send jobs over seas. Try reading his "We the People" act as well. So here you are talking about election rigging with a candidate who's voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964. How ironic. Oh and he claims to be a Constitional scholar while at the same time saying there's no such thing as the seperation of church and state. LOL! Oh and he also is for the original Constitution so those of you who are African-American or a woman or other minorities you can kiss your vote goodbye cause we didn't get to vote until the Civil Rights Act which Ron Paul voted against.


Originally posted by captainplanet
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO
 


I think he would just win in both scenarios. If the popular vote was a land slide, the electoral vote wouldn't be off, it's a flawed system but i don't think it's that flawed. If it is we would get shafted unless we did something.


[edit on 17-12-2007 by SouthernBelle82]




posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82
Personally I think Paul's so-called revolution is nothing more than spammers. Just because you put signs everywhere doesn't mean you're popular. If he was so popular like people claim why isn't he going up in national polls? Look for example at Bill Richardson. He's been doing the hard campaigning work and he's been going up in the polls. Oh and I could never support someone who has racists Nazi wannabe's supporting him like Paul does.

um, what???



posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82
If he can get through a jury first. Do you know how a court room works? Kerry knew since he's a former prosecutor. I guess you don't.

reply to post by SEEWHATUDO
 




and again um, what?



posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO
 



Thank you for the post...I to live in a small town (Missouri though) And it is the same way here...I have relatives in a small town in Texas same way there aswell...Only much bigger though..He has a bunch of support in Texas....But I realise mostly in Missouri I dont see any other politicians signs or bumper stickers other than Ron Paul...I did however see one Obama sticker like 3 months ago I keep seeing more and more RP stickers showing up though....If it isnt a conspiracy to try and shut RP out on the media,,Then I think the media should explain why they keep putting lame ducks on the screen day after day and hardly talking about Dr Paul and giving him the attention he truly deserves....



posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82
Personally I think Paul's so-called revolution is nothing more than spammers. Just because you put signs everywhere doesn't mean you're popular. If he was so popular like people claim why isn't he going up in national polls? Look for example at Bill Richardson. He's been doing the hard campaigning work and he's been going up in the polls. Oh and I could never support someone who has racists Nazi wannabe's supporting him like Paul does.


Except that when Ron Paul raises 6.3 million dollars (thats 6,300,000) in 24 hours, it's hard to say those are scammers. The MAXIMUM allowance by state law you can give to one candidate is 2,300 dollars. There were 230,000 something new donors yesterday (meaning they never donated before.) It ain't spammers, it's a large and devout following of people, looking for change.



posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SouthernBelle82
 


Gotta be a Richardson supporter.....And if you think RP supporters are Nazis you couldnt be farther from the truth....And our so-called revolution raised over 6 mil. in one day check the books....Did Richardson do that???

The reason Richardson isnt getting any where is so obvious...He worked for Bill Clinton as an ambasador for the UN.Also his record as being governor isnt to good either... Go back and look at his record...And as we have been saying the media isnt being completely honest...Especially The Clinton News Network....

Just some friendly advice...Look at RPs voting record aswell....



posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel 1
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO
 



Thank you for the post...I to live in a small town (Missouri though) And it is the same way here...I have relatives in a small town in Texas same way there aswell...Only much bigger though..He has a bunch of support in Texas....But I realise mostly in Missouri I dont see any other politicians signs or bumper stickers other than Ron Paul...I did however see one Obama sticker like 3 months ago I keep seeing more and more RP stickers showing up though....


WOW!Thay is incredible!!!
Anyone else noticing signifigant Ron Paul support in their communitys?
Curiouser and curiouser...



posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Want to borrow my glasses?


Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82
Personally I think Paul's so-called revolution is nothing more than spammers. Just because you put signs everywhere doesn't mean you're popular. If he was so popular like people claim why isn't he going up in national polls? Look for example at Bill Richardson. He's been doing the hard campaigning work and he's been going up in the polls. Oh and I could never support someone who has racists Nazi wannabe's supporting him like Paul does.

um, what???



posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Do some research on what a prilemary hearing is.


Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82
If he can get through a jury first. Do you know how a court room works? Kerry knew since he's a former prosecutor. I guess you don't.

reply to post by SEEWHATUDO
 




and again um, what?



posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82
Want to borrow my glasses?




Are they rose colored?



posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
So again I point to the national polls. If he's raising all this money why is Mike Huckabee number one? Not every single poll out there is from Fox. Duh. And you call it devout I call it spam.


Originally posted by WolfofWar

Except that when Ron Paul raises 6.3 million dollars (thats 6,300,000) in 24 hours, it's hard to say those are scammers. The MAXIMUM allowance by state law you can give to one candidate is 2,300 dollars. There were 230,000 something new donors yesterday (meaning they never donated before.) It ain't spammers, it's a large and devout following of people, looking for change.



posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Well, its been stated that the way that the majority of polls are conducted is from a known base. The interesting thing with Paul is that his supporters are more than likely not in this polled base (I know its been said alot have not voted before, etc). I think it all will come down to the primarys though to see if he can get people out to vote which was the main problem I think with the Howard Dean internet deal. On this I think Paul has alot more hope and likelyhood as I think if people actually go to meetups, put up signs, and pay money, they are probably going to vote in the end.



posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SouthernBelle82
 



Personally I think Paul's so-called revolution is nothing more than spammers.


If by spammers you mean massive amounts of people that just can’t shut up about how great a president this man would be, then you are right.


Just because you put signs everywhere doesn't mean you're popular.


No it doesn’t, but if a lot of different, individual people are putting up signs representing one man/movement, that man/movement is popular.


If he was so popular like people claim why isn't he going up in national polls? Look for example at Bill Richardson. He's been doing the hard campaigning work and he's been going up in the polls.


Polls are cute. What logic of Ron Paul’s do you find wrong?


Oh and I could never support someone who has racists Nazi wannabe's supporting him like Paul does.


I’m sorry but it’s really starting to sound like you just don’t come to your own conclusions. Ron Paul has a huge demographic, mainly because everything he says is right. If you’d actually listen to him and aren’t afraid of forming your own opinion, you may end up inside that demographic.


You really think he would win? Look at the issues being talked about now. He's against any sort of national health care program.


Ron Paul quote:

We've had managed care in this country since the early 1970s, and it hasn't worked well. It's very, very expensive, and it's the fault that we changed our ERISA law and our tax laws that created this corporatism that runs medicine. Wall Street rakes off the profits. The patients are unhappy. The doctors are unhappy. And it's a monopoly now. Who lobbies us in Washington? The drug companies and the HMOs. They come. And now what is the cry for? Socialized medicine. That's not the answer. We need to get the government out of the way. Inflation hits the middle class and the poor the most. Those are the people who are losing it. We don't have enough competition. There's a doctor monopoly out there. We need alternative health care freely available to the people. They ought to be able to make their own choices and not controlled by the FDA preventing them to use some of the medications.

Source: www.ontheissues.org...



he's against public schools,


Ron Paul quote:

The key to fixing our education system is to reduce the role of the federal government and expand local and parental control of schools. Funding decisions increasingly have been controlled by bureaucrats in Washington, causing public and even some private schools to follow the dictates of these federal “educrats” to an ever-greater degree to preserve their funding. As a result, curricula, teacher standards, textbook selection, and discipline policies have been crafted in Washington. Rigorous classes in basics such as mathematics, grammar, science, Western civilization, and history have been reduced or eliminated, while politically favored subjects have been forced upon students.

Source: www.ronpaul2008.com...


he voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964


Ron Paul quote:


The Civil Rights Act of 1964 gave the federal government unprecedented power over the hiring, employee relations, and customer service practices of every business in the country. The result was a massive violation of the rights of private property and contract, which are the bedrocks of free society. The federal government has no legitimate authority to infringe on the rights of private property owners to use their property as they please and to form (or not form) contracts with terms mutually agreeable to all parties. The rights of all private property owners, even those whose actions decent people find abhorrent, must be respected if we are to maintain a free society.

Source: www.lewrockwell.com...


he thinks corporations should be able to do whatever the hell they want so say goodbye to telling them to not send jobs over seas


It is called a free market.


Oh and he claims to be a Constitional scholar while at the same time saying there's no such thing as the seperation of church and state.




H.J.RES.52 (2001), H.J.RES.66 (1999), S.J.RES. 1, H.J.RES.12, H. J. RES. 108, & H. J. RES. 55:
Nothing in this Constitution shall be construed to prohibit individual or group prayer in public schools or other public institutions. No person shall be required by the United States or by any State to participate in prayer . Neither the United States nor any State shall compose the words of any prayer to be said in public schools.
H. J. RES. 78 (1997):
To secure the people's right to acknowledge God according to the dictates of conscience: Neither the United States nor any State shall establish any official religion, but the people's right to pray and to recognize their religious beliefs, heritage, or traditions on public property, including schools, shall not be infringed. Neither the United States nor any State shall require any person to join in prayer or other religious activity, prescribe school prayers, discriminate against religion, or deny equal access to a benefit on account of religion.

Source: www.ontheissues.org...


Oh and he also is for the original Constitution so those of you who are African-American or a woman or other minorities you can kiss your vote goodbye cause we didn't get to vote until the Civil Rights Act which Ron Paul voted against.


Now that’s just silly.



posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Yeah because that's why the stromfront group supports him right? LOL! I guess they aren't Nazi wannabe's are they? Nah. Just good ol "keep it white" people eh? Richardson is fourth in the democratic primary. Where is Ron Paul? Oh Clinton News Network how clever...not. Please grow up. You can't even get the name of a network right good grief. And Richardson has done way more than Ron Paul ever has. There's a reason he's fourth place in the democratic primary.


Originally posted by Sentinel 1
reply to post by SouthernBelle82
 


Gotta be a Richardson supporter.....And if you think RP supporters are Nazis you couldnt be farther from the truth....And our so-called revolution raised over 6 mil. in one day check the books....Did Richardson do that???

The reason Richardson isnt getting any where is so obvious...He worked for Bill Clinton as an ambasador for the UN.Also his record as being governor isnt to good either... Go back and look at his record...And as we have been saying the media isnt being completely honest...Especially The Clinton News Network....

Just some friendly advice...Look at RPs voting record aswell....



posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82
Do some research on what a prilemary hearing is.



Before you start telling others to do research, you should probably learn how to spell those big words you are tossing around.
It is preliminary.
my um, what? was in reference to your entire post. You did not even attempt to answer the OP's questions, your post's seem argumentative at best.



posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
And without the civil rights act of 1964 how many minority people do you think will be voting today? How many supporters of Ron Paul's wouldn't even be able to vote for him? Oh and Ron Paul also has claimed that everything was fine before FDR's "New Deal" programs. I guess he fell asleep during history class of the great depression. Oh so he doesn't want the fed government telling people what to do? So why is it that he put up a federal amendment in the House wanting to ban abortion? Gee here I thought he wanted the people to decide. Oh and read his "We the People Act" as well. More bull. The founding fathers set up our government to have a federal government. Once again Ron Paul fails at basic American government history lesson.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by SouthernBelle82]



posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well apparently that research didn't help you out much than with the crap you said about Kerry and Ohio 2004. It wouldn't be up to him on the evidence used. He could've had so much evidence it would fill up the court room. If the jury doesn't think it's anything and they vote it down tough. No hearing.


Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82
Do some research on what a prilemary hearing is.



Before you start telling others to do research, you should probably learn how to spell those big words you are tossing around.
It is preliminary.
my um, what? was in reference to your entire post. You did not even attempt to answer the OP's questions, your post's seem argumentative at best.



posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Oh and with the whole "free market" bull I would love to hear how he's going to create new jobs with all these corporations sending them over seas. That's been George Bush's attitude for the past seven years and look how it's going now. Great huh?



posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
reply to post by Shar_Chi
 


I agree, before I reeducated my very conservative mother, she actually believed Mr. Paul was almost a terrorist because of Fox news's (Sean Hannity) biased reporting. For those in the general population who get their "news" from main stream media will need a complete and total reeducation.


I believe you mean a complete de-programming.



posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernBelle82
Yeah because that's why the stromfront group supports him right? LOL! I guess they aren't Nazi wannabe's are they? Nah. Just good ol "keep it white" people eh? Richardson is fourth in the democratic primary. Where is Ron Paul? Oh Clinton News Network how clever...not. Please grow up. You can't even get the name of a network right good grief. And Richardson has done way more than Ron Paul ever has. There's a reason he's fourth place in the democratic primary.


Originally posted by Sentinel 1
reply to post by SouthernBelle82
 


Ah ok I see what is happening with you its the race card and you know RP isnt gonna give illegals drivers liscences and give them free citizenship....Lol this is a lost cause ...But I will reply to your stromfront comment...Hmm I wonder if "LA RAZA" The race is supporting your boy or Mike....Also as for the comment on RP being low in the polls and why well did you even read the heading on this blog or did you just see RPs name and decide to come in here and start chirping about how much you despice him>>??? Obviously you are a Main stream meadia worshipper and think they are gospell....Look into who owns all the MM you may or may not be surprised they are all controlled by the same person wonder why RP isnt getting attention on there....Also the internet is way bigger than TV "google" RP and see who has the most hits....Explain that one....

Gotta be a Richardson supporter.....And if you think RP supporters are Nazis you couldnt be farther from the truth....And our so-called revolution raised over 6 mil. in one day check the books....Did Richardson do that???

The reason Richardson isnt getting any where is so obvious...He worked for Bill Clinton as an ambasador for the UN.Also his record as being governor isnt to good either... Go back and look at his record...And as we have been saying the media isnt being completely honest...Especially The Clinton News Network....

Just some friendly advice...Look at RPs voting record aswell....



new topics

top topics



 
53
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join