It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most awesome (no limits) animal to have as a pet would be a...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Obviously after a monkey!!

I'd have to go with a polar bear. They're the biggest of all the bears and hugely strong, they can climb trees which is cool when the frisbee gets stuck. They live a longish time and from what I've seen and read ones that grow up in captivity can be well trained and quite placid.

Yep me and my bear just going to the shop, my little boy could ride on it's back.

It would rock!

MonKey

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
A human.

A human pet would rock on so many levels.

Though, some moron would scream "slavery" or "kidnapping" and all my fun times with my pet that does whatever I tell it, whenever I tell it (or catches a swift beating.....oh yea....) would be ruined by yet another instance of "politically correct" harassment and bias.

*sigh*

Jasn

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

Hell, I can't beat that. Any attempts from this point forth would just be lame.

Well played.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

*tips hat*

Is this a one line post? I'm not really sure actually. Had I only left the "*tips hat*", I'm sure it would fall into that category. Now, however, I believe I have sufficiently provided enough meaningless chatter to make this formerly one line post a "multi-liner".

Jasn

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Well, since you're still following the flow of the conversation, that single line wouldn't be considered a one line post. I think. But then again I've been penalised for a post that contained one whole paragraph, because it wasn't on topic. So you might still be penalised 20 points. Chump change for you.

Anyway, to get it back on topic (and avoid penalty), I offer my lame pet -- a hadrosaur. I'll ride it like a two-legged bronco.

Yeah, whichever of the above that is not so lame. I think the one with the weird thing on it's head will be best. I can use it like a steering wheel. Or in this case, bone. Yeah. A joystick.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

In all seriousness, 20 points does seem a bit of a pittance no?

I would think something along the lines of 500 pts would be more appropriate.

At least for multi-instance offenders.

Off topic posts, like this one for example, should be hit for a swift 5k. That would get some attention!

Jasn

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Shhhh! The Monkey might take you up on that offer.

* okay, I just checked. Coast is clear.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The sad thing is, I'm actually being serious.

Scary, I know.

Anyhow, yea, those human pets. They rock. *shifty eyes*

Jasn

EDIT TO ADD: This is actually a cool thread idea. Why aren't more ppl posting darn it???

There are some cool pet ideas.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
A Thunderbird with a 50-60 ft wing span
and a *lot* of bird seed!lol
Flying on the back of this beast
would be a Blast!!!

Not to mention the spectacular view and
the places you could weave in and out of.
Yep! that's my choice A REAL THUNDERBIRD
& soaring through the clouds.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Gee whillikers. I have no idea. So many great animals, mythological and otherwise. I don't think I can narrow it down to just one. Can I have a menagerie?

I'd like a centaur for starters. We could go for morning rides around the lake and shoot arrows at muggers.

An archaeopteryx would be killer! then I could tell creationists, "I've got your transitional form right here!"

A dragon would be nice. No more paying for air fare and always have a source of heat handy.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
i always thought it would be cool to have an orangutan.
like in the movie every which way but loose.."right turn clyde"

we could chill and he could roll with me when i go pay bills and #.
go get me something out of the fridge...

orangutan would pwn

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Sweet replies guys! I didn't think about going in to the mythological and stuff.

I would have an Alien from the Classic "Alien" films, Could you imagine the look on peoples faces as you take off it's leash and throw a ball for it to chase, mind you it would probably come back with you neighbors golden retriever hanging from it's chops!!

MonKey

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
A penguin dude! Those things are the most amazing animals on Earth! They are so cute and when they waddle its so funny! Don't forget when the penguin overlords take over earth, they will see this post and spare me as a pet! Go penguins!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Bacteria: One sneeze or a cough and they are everywhere! Attack: My pet bacteria to yonder fools! Henceforth with -- do my bidding now! I command you!

Okay fine: I’ve had parakeets all my life. They are so cute with their kissy faces and quite chatty that they keep the place from being too quite. Plus, cleaning up their poop is easier.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
A raven..
a pair of Ravens actually.

Smartest Bird alive, live to 40-45..Mate for life.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Okay, I have a few I would LOVE to have as pets...
1. a kimodo dragon;
2. a unicorn; and
3. a black panther!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Does a Yeti count?

Ok, how about some Pandas?

Twin Baby Pandas in Adventure World, Shirahama, Wakayama pref, Japan

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
even though they trip me out, a gila monster would be cool.
a sloth
lemur
snakehead

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
A raven..
a pair of Ravens actually.

Smartest Bird alive, live to 40-45..Mate for life.

The smartest bird issue is not very clear cut as bird intelligence is on a slightly different tangent to mammal intelligence. My pet bird would have to be a Kia

Although to be honest keeping them in captivity could be cruel especially a single bird or very small group - and the avery would have to be a parrot paradise to even hope to keep them occupied ~ would be much better to live where they live, if you could stand it without going mad that is! They love to wreak stuff - in their mind it's their god given right, they are brilliant problem solvers and will co-operate in teams to a high level, something quite rare even in higher intelligence birds.

I had a Gray for 2 and a half years - it was great they make wicked pets, mine was never hand reared, the pet shopo it turns out was less than reputable so the bird was only £100 - This was my first bird and I know better now - at first he was like a little dinosaur but very quickly we got used to each other and he became very friendly towards me - he retained a wild side tho which was very amusing. Sad thing happened when I moved house - back at the previous place we would ofter play in the back garden no probs he loved it, in the new place though there was only a narrow ally that the wind channeled down, the kitchen door was left open he jumped off my shoulder straight out the door, I could see his surprise - he expected to land on the ground, he was never an experienced flyer, he got caught by the wind flapped away and was taken right up like a rocket over the house - next few days I could hear him and we could even talk in our language of whistles (people would of thought I was mad) but could not find him and no one replied to my adverts - poor Isaac gone

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
A Macaque

Sorry couldn't resist. If I could have any pet, real or not, it would have to be a dragon, a black dragon, like the evil dragon in Eragon. Flying all over the place, no one would give you any lip, thing'll outlive you so it can be a generational pet.

Yep Black dragon. Or a Macaque

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join