It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Santa I want a Glow-in-the-Dark Cat.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   

South Korean scientists have cloned cats by manipulating a fluorescent protein gene, a procedure which could help develop treatments for human genetic diseases, officials said Wednesday.

In a side-effect, the cloned cats glow in the dark when exposed to ultraviolet beams.

dsc.discovery.com...

Help develop treatments for humans?
That's a new one... more like help them to add the glow in the dark effect to our foods so that any new born will glow in the dark too, so if they get in trouble at night they'll be easier to find.. (wild random theory
)

I guess one bonus of this is that you wont step on your cat as you make your way to raid the fridge at night... Maybe they should do the same to dogs too so that the cats get a fighting chance.

Or is it to help the rat population blossom even further to spread any contagious diseases to humans to aid in the global reduction of humans?

Way too many wild random theories can be gained from this, but what on earth are we doing to ourselves and our animals?

picture added from site above.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Extralien]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Love the title, and yes I would like one.

If it has no adverse effects on the cat, and it is to further help humanity, I say let the good times glow.

May lead to less dead cats on the side of the road, not to mention easier food choices at the local Chinese restaurant.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
well, quite timely your thread, cos my Son and his friend just turned off the lights and had their glow sticks (suppose to use them for fishing)strategically looped around their John Thomas...

Absolute shock!!! LOL Hormones I think?

I threatened to take a pic and post it... ha ha ha so they ran off the little buggas!

I don't want to see anything that glows in the dark now.

Can you blame me?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I created a thread recently to discuss issues similar to this.

It is in regard to a glowing bunny that was created in 2000.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

DocMoreau

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Personally I want a Toyger.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Done....

Santa is allowed one line posts.. right?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Wow amazing. How about any side effects with this? Now I can have a cat and a night light.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
As it's the season I don't see why not... think you made it past a one liner though

To Southernbelle, I think the only side effect is not having a brightness control button..

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm going to hold off until they come out with the MP3 version.

You know, all the other cats will be Green with envy.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
hey, you may want to check this out then...
www.bbc.co.uk...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join