It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The incompetence of government ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Imagine someone argued against the existence of UFOs, saying:

The incompetence of government is our only real chance at safety. These people are the reason I don't believe the government has covered up UFO's or [conducted] a massive 9/11 conspiracy. They aren't competent. They can't find their own ass using both hands, much less scratch it without getting caught. The fixed ratio of stupidity to malice being constant means the damage these people can do will be sort term. (Short term being years though.) Much the same way the malice/stupidity ratio lead to the Nazi's being responsible for the very mistakes that lead to their defeat.

How would you respond?

The best I could come up with is here.

Would anyone add anything else? Or approach it an altogether different way?

Thoughts welcome.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Government is a single massive entity, rather a group of smaller groups working together. While some can be a pain the arse and bumble around, there are others which are incredibly efficient.

They are very capable of engineering 9/11 or covering up UFO's because it suits them, not us. When it comes down to the little people they don't need to be as competent and seem to us as if they are a bit stupid.

That would be my response.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Nonsense.

This is exactly what the elite want us to think about them: They are not organized, they are dumb, they don't know what they do and can only see a few inches from their noses, they are incopetent to the level they cannot master any conspiracy!!

I must laugh at these kinds of commets, because if I sometimes get amazed at the incredible things I find out I can do (and do it), imagine what someone who actually HAS power can do (and does)?

Another obvious mis-leading, mis-information, mis-concept comment.

Peace

join