It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ministers plan to take key powers from Bank during financial crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Ministers plan to take key powers from Bank during financial crisis

www.timesonline.co.uk

Plans by ministers to wrest key powers from the Bank of England for use during any future crisis in the banking system emerged amid fresh signs of tensions with the Treasury.

If the Treasury were to take powers over this area, even if they were only to be used in a crisis, the City and markets worldwide would be bound to see such a move as compromising the Bank’s independence and challenging the credibility of its mission to pursue control of inflation without political interference.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Oh, has somebody finally woken up to the fact that the entire banking system is a scam?

Are the bankers worried about any possible emergency actions revealing the complete fraud that this particular system is?

Seems like the banks made a mistake big enough for someone else to take notice of that we 'lowly' ones had no idea had happened.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
No,

this is about a government that is obsessed with centralisation. "Paranoid Brown", who still has control over the Treasury (even though he has moved next door) is such a control freak. He's made the government so central that the Chinese are probably very impressed by him.

And, the Treasury cannot take back power. Under the Maastricht Treaty, all Central Banks have to be independent of government control.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

it sounds more like they are establishing protocols on how to manage
independent banks and possibly bank franchises which are expected to become Insolvent in the not-too-distant future.

this action would be in conjunction with the newly forged agreements
between the various EU Central Banks & U.S. Central Banks...

of further interest ~(which is still in it's development stages)~
is this article concerning "Global Banks embrace Islam"
at this sites menu; www.augustreview.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

What has he done to "centralise" the government exactly?

IMO, he hasn't even had enough time to be labelled anything, yet I see many different labels being applied which gives me a severe case of faux news nausea.

And on topic, I'm partly glad if this happens, but I expect there to be decent security measures taken to block out any political motivations. I find it funny the Maastricht treaty demands seperation of central bank from government control - without more limitations this seems more open to abuse than any system.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Thanks for that link, I find quite interesting how our US markets is selling to Islam ruling nations (but very wealthy oil nations) one investment at a time.

Very soon they will have enough invested in America's and European Markets that we will no know who the Bosses are anymore.

Islamic fascist or Christian money lovers fundamentalist extremist.

But one thing is for sure money talks and you know who walks.

The root of all evil . . . good ole money.

Perhaps China is not so much the dangerous communist investors
anymore . . .

Forgvie me people for the littler rant.

new topics

top topics

join