It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists warn ET may be dangerous

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Will do.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by edventia
I think that if there is a race or races, that are capable of wiping us out or enslaving us, they'd have done it by now.

Well, of course. And what would be the point? Slaves are good if you need cheap manual labor to do complex tasks, but the downside is you have feed them and keep them healthy enough to breed. And if you have technology to do the work of slaves, what good are they?

As for wiping us out, that would only be necessary if we became some kind of threat, which hasn't been the case over the last 5 million years, isn't the case now, and will probably never be the case, because human beings are not built for space travel. We're already isolated/quarantined. Why bother killing us?

Lack of obvious, direct contact is pretty good evidence that there are no aliens close enough for us to detect, or who care about us enough one way or another to either be friends or enemies. Or there just ain't any aliens at all. That's always a big possibility.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The best things Earth Seeds can do is (awaken) their Cosmic Self. I need an army that is aware on ALL LEVELS.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Together we will react before the other side awakens, there is a ying and yang to everything. (So wake up).

Only an (army of light) will be able to counter react what lies ahead.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The bible is a manuscript to come:

The Angels are you all and the demons are you all. Which side awakens first will determine where we are headed. You could see how we would have many different views from different areas of space awakening in humankind. The earth is in agreement with the light. So you can see why there is going to be some spills ahead.

The sons of light and the sons of darkness.

It could get real messy.

When all of you awaken to your (full potential) which side will you be on or in?

I hope there will be enough of me's out there to (counterbalance) the # storm ahead.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Ok all I see is what would our goverment do if they found creatures on a nearby planet, the first thing is try to talk to them they make silly little noises we cannot understand (our language too another alien race) so the next step, capture one or two and bring them back to earth too experiment on them because we cannot understand what they are saying, although we seem more intelligent too them, we cannot cypher their language.
Oh we have found out also that they are destroying the planet they come from by the way they live, and if they continue it will also affect earth and the way we live so what would we do?, maybe kill them before they kill us.
Because they cannot understand us enough to change their little meaningful ways.
But if we had not discovered them they would still be safe to live their not too long lives.
Hope we dont get discovered by aliens who think like us, rather more of ones that would help us even if they do not understand our language.
Just my thoughts hope at least some of you get where I am coming from on this.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
our world has been controlled for thousands of years by other races behind the scenes its evident look at the Sumerian history, the mayans, and the hopi Indians. a new threat that we might be invaded by other races put it out in a major newspaper that to me sounds like they are upto something time will tell. they can fool people but not me, any race that invades earth would only challenge those behind the curtain, in other words the misery and slavery that we are enduring has to be challenged and fought against by other powerful races that could potentially deliver us from the evil.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
this evil alien attack thing is a CIA disinfo.look up disclosure project.
also the Niburu hoax , it is made up by NASA.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by anti72]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pjotr

Originally posted by GBBumblebee
I'm of the opinion that we should increase our defensive capabilities before we start announcing to all that we are here. At the present time, we don't have any space defenses to speak of that would be of any concern to a militant space faring species.

A hostile race encounter with our current tech level could put us on the receiving end of this quote from the Half Life universe; "This isn't war. This is pest control".

We are truly lost. do you here what you are saying. It is a never ending story. We are killing ourselves, we do not need ET's for that.

You want weapon systems? Against What?? We do not know what is out there, so we are incapable of of envisioning how a defense should work.
As soon as you meet dangers it is feasible to think what to do, not before.

A never ending weaponrace hmmm...sounds familiar.

All I am saying is that we don't know what is out there and it doesn't hurt to at least try to be prepared to defend ourselves in case first contact is with a hostile species.

You said

We do not know what is out there, so we are incapable of of envisioning how a defense should work.

As soon as you meet dangers it is feasible to think what to do, not before.

Thinking what to do is what should happen, but without even a rudimentary defense system, we'd be dead in the water with nothing to think about. Something is better than nothing.

Yes, at the moment we are killing ourselves and the madness has to stop. The fact is that we are at a point where we may be advertising ourselves to another species. I believe that most out there will be friendly or at least neutral, but not all will be. It doesn't hurt to be cautious.

I'm not saying we should fire first, but be prepared to fire incase they do.

It is true that the weapons we have/will have will more than likely fall into some nutjobs hands sooner or later and be used against innocent people, but should we make no effort at all to protect ourselves, THEN we are truly lost.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Considering it would take an alien civilization millenia to advance far enough to even reach us, it would make sense that they're peaceful. If they were aggressive chances are they'd killed themselves way before reaching a technological stage that would allow them to fly over to our little planet.

Then again, they could just be totally indifferent and not care at all if we live or die...all they'd need then is some luck to not destroy themselves.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by anti72
this evil alien attack thing is a CIA disinfo.look up disclosure project.
also the Niburu hoax , it is made up by NASA.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by anti72]

And Nibiru being Planet X, right?

I actually know these people, and it was a hoax to get money. I was involved in the thing just for fun, listening what their prophet has to say. I never told them if I would believe them or not, just hanged around in places where they were.

At some point it became evident that they want to cash in, and I started to ask questions that eventually led to me being closed out of their little psychotic world.

They bough land and houses in places that they told would be safe locations when seas would rise, and then they sold those to people who believed them.

I managed to be prevasive enough to get some information about them, and it was revealed (by me) that their main prophet suffers from psychosis of certain kind, and that her two closest allies who were with her were actually lawyers.

This was not a goverment doing misinformation campaign, it was a crazy woman who was abused by two lawyers wanting to cash in.

I can tell more if somebody's interested. A goverment coverup it just isnt.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Google "HUMAN MUTILATION" some abducted were dropped off like cows, no eyes, anus, or tongue, or blood left.

I believe one was MP at base in New Mexico , the other guard was charged with murder for disappearance, until of course the body turned up and they dropped charges like in the 'TRAVIS WALTON ABDUCTION: FIRE IN THE SKY"

THE OTHER MP SAW THE ABDUCTION, EXPLAINED HIS FRIEND WAS TAKEN UP IN A BEAM TO A SHIP. HE WAS CHARGED WITH MURDER. i GUESS NOW THE STORY IS MUCH MORE BELIEVED BY THE ONES WHO SAW THE BODY.

LESSON ? POINTING A RIFLE AT A UFO CAN GET YOU MUTILATED AND LEFT IN THE DESERT WITH JUST A CRAPPY T-SHIRT !

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Interesting post.

Science wars us of a possible hostle Et existance beyond Earth .
Are Earth people not the ones who are being hostle ?

How many wars have been created throughout Earth History and until science makes a spiritual connecticut without using Seti they will not see beyond this .

I am glad Science is becoming aware of the Et presense.

Before people run for the hills or think that All Ets are like the ones in Independence Day or get there Guns out to shoot the first Et thats walks off a ship and says hi.

Realize its Mankind that is hostle .

If People from other Worlds wanted to blow Earth up it could have been done long ago .

Why not look at Mankind Might be Dangerous and not those who reside in outter space whom you have not met yet.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Cmdraleon]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I have my doubts that top scientist would resign over a concern that aliens would come here to hurt us. From a scientific stand point there's no evidence that aliens even exist. We've used radio telescopes for decades and there has never been that smoking gun signal for scientist to get all concerned about and warn the public of a hostile attack by aliens when nobody would have any knowledge of their intent. If we are to believe all the thousands of ufo reports over the last 60 years, I would think we would already no their intent. If we can believe all the different pictures taken over the years they come in all sizes and shapes which would suggest that they have come from different civilizations and I don't know of one person being eaten by an alien. The alien abduction hoax is just that. The cattle mutalation hoax is just that also. There's no stepped up military presence or additional funding in areas where cattle mutalations have occured.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Originally posted by edventia
I think that if there is a race or races, that are capable of wiping us out or enslaving us, they'd have done it by now.

Well, of course. And what would be the point? Slaves are good if you need cheap manual labor to do complex tasks, but the downside is you have feed them and keep them healthy enough to breed. And if you have technology to do the work of slaves, what good are they?

As for wiping us out, that would only be necessary if we became some kind of threat, which hasn't been the case over the last 5 million years, isn't the case now, and will probably never be the case, because human beings are not built for space travel. We're already isolated/quarantined. Why bother killing us?

Lack of obvious, direct contact is pretty good evidence that there are no aliens close enough for us to detect, or who care about us enough one way or another to either be friends or enemies. Or there just ain't any aliens at all. That's always a big possibility.

If you quote people, don't chop bits off to twist the argument.

Now this is actually what I said. "I think that if there is a race or races, that are capable of wiping us out or enslaving us, they'd have done it by now. Maybe they have though eh?"

We are slaves. It's a provable fact. Look at all the mystery school bollocks that all our "leaders" (collaborators) are involved in and it is blatantly the case, that we have been deceived our entire lives.

Slaves. The point? Plenty of reasons to speculate on, but one stands out that may be true... we are FAR more powerful than we are allowed to know and they CANNOT just wipe us out or we have friends in "higher" places. It takes all their effort to make us believe we are weak and keeping us afraid of all kinds, of anything at all, as it keeps us in our "box." Just let go of the bollocks and see things anew... it's hilarious. Things that used to be random events or coincidences, start to make real sense and even guide you along.

Don't be scared ever. Easier said than done, I know, but there is no death, only pain.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Originally posted by GBBumblebee

The 'good' ones are already visiting us now anyway...

If there are aliens visiting this planet now they are doing so under the veil of secrecy or covert operations; either with the consent of our worldly government or not. And that to me is a BIG RED FLAG. If they were good they would not need to hide. Only EVIL hides it self.

-Euclid

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
When and if an alien civilization receives images beamed into space, they will have to carefully analyze the images they intercept. Can image their reaction when they see these two images taken only 500 miles apart.

< snip >

There is a problem with your logic:

1. The images you provided would have absolutely no CONTEXT to an alien. In the first image they would see two things, obviously life forms, and what they would probably discern to be vegetation. It would be meaningless as it is meaningless to me.

2. The second image also lacks any context as well for the same reasons as the first.

3. You are projecting your mores and values onto a hypothetical species that may or may not exist. This species, if it exists, will not have the same moral or philosophical ideas that we have. They will without doubt be very different.

They may view humans as food and think that dogs and cats are the controllers of society due to the fact that these little creatures stay home in a well air conditioned house and we provide for their needs. I know cats would agree with me.

The bottom line is that if there is an alien out there they will view our images as we would view their images..... with utter confusion & fascination.

I'm not moved at all by the images you posted..... why would they be moved to any moral evaluation of them; why would they view it as any thing other than the way things are on that "planet".

-Euclid

[edit on 20-12-2007 by euclid]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cmdraleon
Interesting post.

Science wars us of a possible hostle Et existance beyond Earth .
Are Earth people not the ones who are being hostle ?

How many wars have been created throughout Earth History and until science makes a spiritual connecticut without using Seti they will not see beyond this .

I am glad Science is becoming aware of the Et presense.

Before people run for the hills or think that All Ets are like the ones in Independence Day or get there Guns out to shoot the first Et thats walks off a ship and says hi.

Realize its Mankind that is hostle .

If People from other Worlds wanted to blow Earth up it could have been done long ago .

Why not look at Mankind Might be Dangerous and not those who reside in outter space whom you have not met yet.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Cmdraleon]

If your post made any sort of sense maybe I could reply to it with some thing meaningful.

I suggest that you work on your grammer and learn to spell. If English is perchance not your native language I'll over look the incomprehensibility of your ramblings.

-Euclid

P.S. Reduce the size of your avatar image as well it's annoying.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
We have been visited by ufos for a very long time now, and very likely by more than just one type, up to now they all seem to obey the same rule not to intefere and are very careful not to leave any evidense. If a new hostile species were to discover us, I have a feeling that they would have to fight some of those ufos that already know about us. Its very likely we are under some kind of protection from aliens who have already discovered us. Just speculating, being a first contact witness 12 years ago, I believe the ufos that know about us are slowly but surely are going to make thier presence official, why, because are eco system is in danger of disappearing. I guess we are lucky that we were discovered by friendly species first, the hostile ones will have to punch through them first
inorder to get to us. To make it short, I believe we are well protected without even knowing it.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by euclid

There is a problem with your logic:

1. The images you provided would have absolutely no CONTEXT to an alien. In the first image they would see two things, obviously life forms, and what they would probably discern to be vegetation. It would be meaningless as it is meaningless to me.

Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed? Or maybe just having a bad day? If you will reread my post you will plainly see that I made no assumptions about what an aliens might conclude after viewing these images.
Notice the two open ended questions I asked in my post:
I asked:

Can you image their reaction when they see these two images taken only 500 miles apart?
&

What will that say about our race?

Unlike you, I did not state definitively, as if there was any way we could know, what they would think. I left it to the readers of the post to draw their own conclusions. I then took the liberty of stating how I personally felt.

You however seem quite comfortable in stating rather dogmatically that the images and the connection between the two would be meaningless to them. and as you boldly claimed,

1. The images you provided would have absolutely no CONTEXT to an alien.

Would you care to share how you know this? Or are you just making an assumption based on flawed logic?

It seems quite bizarre to me that you would criticize me for assuming what aliens might think, but then you, in the same post no less, do the same thing.

2. The second image also lacks any context as well for the same reasons as the first.

Actually a very simple google search, taking only a few moments' was all it took for me to find the link between these two images. The first image is quite famous and there are literally thousands of links to explaining the circumstances.

The images may indeed be meaningless to an alien civilization. I grant you that. But I am sure you are exaggerating when you say that the images are meaningless to you.

I think I made it quite clear in my post that the images were taken less than 500 miles apart. Perhaps you missed that.

Now I can completely understand that you may not agree with my views or opinions, but surely you can grasp the purpose of my posting the two images.

3. You are projecting your mores and values onto a hypothetical species that may or may not exist. This species, if it exists, will not have the same moral or philosophical ideas that we have. They will without doubt be very different.

Rather than state emphatically that they will not have the same moral or philosophical views. I would say that they MAY not have the same moral and philosophical views. They are after Hypothetical as you stated, so how can one know for sure how their minds would work.

They may view humans as food and think that dogs and cats are the controllers of society due to the fact that these little creatures stay home in a well air conditioned house and we provide for their needs. I know cats would agree with me.

Quite true. Good point.

The bottom line is that if there is an alien out there they will view our images as we would view their images..... with utter confusion & fascination.

Possible, no way of knowing for sure.

I'm not moved at all by the images you posted..... why would they be moved to any moral evaluation of them; why would they view it as any thing other than the way things are on that "planet".

I know it may surprise you, but I did not post the images to "move" you in one way or another. I posted the images to make my point. I am glad you are not losing any sleep over them though, that would make me feel bad.

I agree with many of the points you make and hope that you continue to post. If everyone thought alike this site wouldn't be as interesting and stimulating as it is.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Sparky63]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join