It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists warn ET may be dangerous

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Read your history books! Whenever any "power" has invaded a country it still has to provide support to keep control. If that support is lacking then the natives, even technologically weaker ones, can win. So you don't isolate your invading forces but ensure that there is a strong supply chain from your home base.

So any "invading" alien force that must maintain a supply chain back home will be so superior that we will have no defence against them! Since they must maintain a supply chain then relativity is not an issue for them which then means they have the ability to "view" the universe, or least this galaxy, at their leisure. That means they know we are here without us advertising.

Therefore, they are already here and friendly (relatively) or can't be arsed with us due to our behaviour......that'll be self destructive paranoid behaviour as regularily expressed in various forums here at ATSNN.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
As far as I can tell, don't trust all Aliens.

I have interacted with insectoid aliens and they look down on humans.
They believe humans are inferior, all evil and animals; can you believe that....lol

These Zeta Reticulians are going through a spiritual crisis, their evil Orion Empire Empress (10' White Zeta female.. named Eck Ich tos in orion means 'The one who likes to teach', or Hess (Enlighten))

So they are weakened and will probably leave planet earth or sahsoh, eventually so we can live in peace and have no mind manipulation which is a Galactic law offence.

Our shadow governments in USA/Canada are mind manipulated with ECS; and we need to take back control.

Believe it or not there is soulmemory scanning; and this Galactic law violation is being done inside mental hospitals by these Orion Empire collabarators...

Apparently, I'm an old orion soul named Eck Tah Zah (The Powerful One) and that empress was trying to murder me and to take my old soul. However, she was unsuccessful and her orion empire is fallen apart, just as I had planned; my strategime worked. Amen.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jupiter869

NO FEAR ?
Remember when USA launched hundreds of nukes into space at once and lit them all together in orbit, gambling that the atmosphere would ignite and burn up the planet or change earth axis. Or back when 1st A-bomb went off, they gambled if the air would ignite infinitately. Or the Chicago Supercollider that bombards a nucleus with radiation that could create anti-matter, which in theory can create a black hole on earth or time wave disturbance.

Do you want to repeat those experiments for giggles or is that all old past tense. Maybe something wilder, like a Russian Doomsday Dirty Super Bomb, USA style !

No Fear guy sounds like Dr. Strangelove meets Tony Hawk.
Most technology is used for war, I can't wait to test nukes & doomsdays weapons on Mars.

Ready, How about you ? Or maybe you are just scared of the future ? We need to test weapons on Mars......before the Russians do it first !

Maybe NASA could stage a Mars nuke first, who could disprove otherwise ?
Russia ? USA could discount wheat for 10yrs, that will buy the Russian silence on that subject........no problem. Everyone else who sees a hoax, is a conspiracy koook !

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Enceladus

If you are talking about the seti program no need to worry about attracting unwelcomed attention because the progam is most likely a scam and the aliens are already here.

Do some research into reptilians and grays.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I'd rather see for myself and just deal with the consequences...UFO's are never the same- my point being there's probably more than a few races out there. Sure some could be hostile but I imagine there's someone out there with good intentions otherwise we would have all been killed already. Earth is a rare planet- it's probably attracting all sorts of life that's traveling through space like a lit up light bulb in a dark room.

Inevitably, we're all going to find out but I would imagine any race older than us to be far beyond our level of peaceful and intelligent, as well as spiritually connected to the universe and obviously more technologically advanced.

It would change life as we know it- and we're all more than ready for that.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PimpyMcgibbinsEarth is a rare planet-

How do you come to that conclusion? Can I please see your data to show that Earth is indeed rare?

Thanks

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by alextron
all evil and animals; can you believe that....lol

Easily, Just watch the Evening News

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by PimpyMcgibbinsEarth is a rare planet-

How do you come to that conclusion? Can I please see your data to show that Earth is indeed rare?

Thanks

There is a -possibility- that Earth inhabits a 'Goldilocks' zone in the Galaxy, that plate tectonics is important in planet renewal, that a large moon is important, and several other things about Earth that we may not have pinpointed. (one might be intermittent oval orbiting, perturbation of poles, planetary extinctions w/in a certain periodic frame - not too few, not too many).

Ask yourself, for the sake of argument assume what you see is more-or-less true, why no life, not alien settlements on Mars, which seems as though it would be prime (though 'fixer-upper') real estate.

IMO, with some reservations, the fact that Mars does not appear to be inhabited by (any/some/an/current) alien race gives weight to the argument that there are few, if any, true space-faring sentients out there -at this time-.

There's no proof and all arguments are Earth/anthro -centric.

Some arguments seem weightier than others.

To get around these apparent importances most people have to apply 'fringe' 'fantasy' or extreme theories. (cloaking, underground civs, stealth civs, trans-dimensional, hyper drives and other far out things).

2 cents.

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Badge01]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It makes sence to me. If you are deal with a unknow. A complete X factor it's always the smart thing to work on the side of caution. To me it's just common sence.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

There's little to no logic to the sci-fi meme of alien invaders.

If there is a race advanced far beyond us with the capability of speedy interstellar travel, what the hell use would they have for Earth, or humanity? We would provide nothing of value for such a species. With that level of technology, they could just as easily get the material resources they need from uninhabited worlds. Probably the only bit of interest we would garner to them is being a freakish bilaterial, bony-structured endotherm that that they will note in their zoological records.

THink of it like the relationship between the United States and the nation of Togo. We know the place is there. We know people from there. Maybe we've even visited. But... We just don't care. We certainly aren't going to spend the fifty cents needed to invade, much less take the time to obliterate.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Though your comment makes some sense, I can think of a few things that -may- interest an ET.

We don't -know- if certain things found here are rare and scarce throughout the Galaxy; animal, mineral or vegetable.

Just as we will go to the forests of South America to obtain the Hyacinth Macaw, ET might come to Earth to find a rare species that is relatively common here, including humans, to use as pets, for instance. Or they may prefer Cetaceans.

We are still discovering medicinal plant species in the Amazon rain forest, and many of those defy analysis, or recreation in the lab, due to complex proportions.

Some minerals or elements might be valuable to ET, isotopes of which may be difficult to reproduce in quantity.

In addition, Earth may be seen as a 'test bed' for certain epidemiological studies, population growth studies, psychological studies, reproductive studies, the results of which might be of interest to ET. Why try to 'grow' entire complex ecologies on remote planets if you can find them ready made here?

In fact, I've heard tales which purport to explain 'abductions' as a method of repopulation or genetic research. Though far-fetched, it's just an example.

Finally, it's not clear if water (or sea water) is scarce in the Galaxy. It might be common, but it could be 50-50 in favor of either.

Again, all just -examples-, maybe not good ones.

Now one might suggest that ET who could physically space travel here en masse would have the capability of matter transformation, or construction of elements from atoms using nano-technology.

Makes sense, but making elements artificially, such as Carbon-12, or Gold-197, is one thing. but materials already created with amalgams of unusual isotopes in -quantity- might be problematic.

Similarly, unusual biological materials could be cloned, or grown in the ET lab, but getting exact configurations could prove difficult (as with Amazonian plant extracts). Plus, there may be things found on biological planets like Earth which are 'new' - just as 'latex' was in the time of Columbus.

Wiki

The first European to return to Portugal from Brazil with samples of such water-repellent rubberized cloth so shocked people that he was brought to court on the charge of witchcraft.

When samples of rubber first arrived in England, it was observed by Joseph Priestley, in 1770, that a piece of the material was extremely good for rubbing out pencil marks on paper, hence the name "rubber".

Does this make sense?

Now, the temptation is to just sweep this aside and say anything found here could be constructed artificially, but it would be surprising to find nothing 'new' on alien planets brimming with a variety of substances. So ET would at least acquire samples for further testing. This alone could make Earth, or any ecologically complex planet of value.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Humans were hostile from the start only to get more hostile as we advance eg: technology. So if people reckon and are saying that alien species are millions of years more advanced than ourselves, then what makes ET's less hostile than us? Proof?

The more advanced we get/become the more ruthless we become. I cannot see aliens as "better" than us in that way. I could very well be wrong, but i will not rate a specie i do not know any higher than us humans. That is demoralizing our human nature even more. No wonder we have so much hate between us, a lot of us cannot/won't stand up for each other but rather choose that which is alien...which we have not even met or seen with our own eyes.

All of us have read "aliens" are more advanced and of pure loving nature and so have we read the horrible abduction stories, so both could be true. But stay out of my backyard and i stay out of theirs.

I have never liked the ideas like the one eg of the "gold disc" with a message saying "we are here, this is what we look like, this is our music etc" mission. I agree with the scientist/s who said it was the wrong thing to do. If there is life out there i hope that i am 100% wrong to what i think.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBBumblebee
I'm of the opinion that we should increase our defensive capabilities before we start announcing to all that we are here. At the present time, we don't have any space defenses to speak of that would be of any concern to a militant space faring species.

Once we have sensors, battleships, frigates and carriers with fighters up there, then yes, by all means send out signals. We will probably never need them, but is the risk worth taking?

While I believe that most we encounter would be benevolent, I'm sure that some aren't, and we would at least be able to put up a cursory defense if necessary, and go down fighting if worst.

A hostile race encounter with our current tech level could put us on the receiving end of this quote from the Half Life universe; "This isn't war. This is pest control".

[edit on 17/12/07 by GBBumblebee]

I would rest assured that we have a mass stock pile of some nasty biological weapons that if we needed to start slinging around could do some very nasty damage to ANY being of organic matter. Not that they wouldn't just launch some crazy ass ray that would implode this planet but my mind is at ease knowing the evil the military can come up with for destruction. And They have thought of this and I'm very sure they have a plan for this..might not work...but it's better to have a plan that don't work than not a have a plan at all.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Im sure you guys have discussed this somewhere on here, but the fact that humans came from who knows where kinda makes me think we were planted on this planet by future humans that we call "Aliens"...

Could be quite possible that some form of us in the outer edges of the galaxy are watching us colonize our planet as if your playing sim city...

Even things such as building the pyramids in conjunction with the ancient tablets in egypt showing alien figures kinda makes me think those were planted on earth and never built...

I'd have to say this alien threat is just future humans looking for the perfect timing to re-introduce themselves back on earth...

And yes welcome Spock Shock to ATS... lol

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
"Scientist warn ET may be dangerous"

And nerbot warns "ET" scientists are "definately" dangerous!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I doubt an intelligent race would be that malevolent. If some of them are malevolent don't you think they would've wiped us out by now?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Considering the creatures that roamed the earth millions of years ago, its truly creepy to think what weird, colossal and potentially hostile "aliens" we could potentially encounter !! DISTURBING !!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Some ET's have already proven themselves to be dangerous. There are many accounts in the 1950's of American interceptors being ripped apart mid-air while pursuing discs, some simply "dissappearing". Of course, I suppose we displayed some hostility in trying to intercept them. And then, you have the whole "abduction" phenomenon.

And, don't forget those pesky Klingons

I actually saw something (and I can't remember where
) that suggested that this wasn't deliberate. The damage and destruction of our planes was caused by the forces used to propel their craft. Our puny planes couldn't withstand the forces of the propulsion systems they use and the effects they emit into the surrounding atmosphere. It literally broke our planes apart at the basic level.

I'm of the opinion that we have more evidence to suggest that we have already been visited, and that they don't seem to be hostile. If anything, they seem more scared of us.

I'm also of the opinion that if we did attract an angry race, we would survive it.
Unlike evolution on Earth, while our technology may seem to us to be limited in comparison, to them it is alien technology.
Just because they have managed to travel great distances at remarkable speed, doesn't mean they have a defense for everything we have to throw at them.

To suggest that they are all powerful and their technological advances all the more greater than ours, just because we can't travel as far, is overly simplistic.

I can't run as fast as a puma, that doesn't make a puma more advanced than me.

We are completely different species', our evolution has been completely different, therefore our technologies and our capabilities will not be the same.

And I say, bring it on. Good or bad, it's all meaningless in the great scheme of things. You never progress if you're scared of every eventuality.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by Enceladus

"We're talking about initiating communication with other civilisations, but we know nothing of their goals, capabilities or intent," warned John Billingham.

Enceladus, I think John Billingham is talking nuts! Like are some other scientists who mouth their theories about the dangers of contacting other ET civilizations.

Let’s take higher ETCs (Extra Terrestrial Civilizations), say Type 2 or 3 (We are not even half of Type 1 as yet! Check out my thread here on what noted scientist, Dr Michio Kaku says about ET civilization Types). They would be so advanced that their mode of communication would perhaps be totally different to ours. EM wave communication would have been passé a million years ago! We used semaphore signals to communicate before radio was discovered and the American Indians used smoke signals! How many of us now use or can read these signals? For us these are a defunct form of communication as perhaps radio is to them! So, would they ever pick up our radio signals? No. Where two-way communication is concerned, never the twain shall meet! They would be using other modes of communication which we don’t have a clue to, mastered space travel and probably visited Earth too, a number of times.

Now, would these highly evolved beings, have nothing else to do but pose a danger to a civilization such as ours? We are perhaps at the bottom of the pile. Would we like to screw up a perfectly functional ant hill and stir up trouble in the ant community? We would do nothing of the sort, but just observe and study their behavior. And oh yes! We can’t communicate with ants can we? That’s probably the equation between us and advanced civilizations.

As for ETCs similar to ours, take or leave a few thousand years, they’ll continue to blunder along as we are with radio telescopes taking a million years for an answer from the nearest Earth-like planet! And they, like us, don’t have the resources to interfere in the affairs of other planets……. Do we?

So what are these guys ringing alarm bells for?

Cheers!

Michio Kaku has said it also.

That it is dumb to think aliens couldn't be mean because they likely evolved from predators as they are smarter then prey.And has said it was not a good idea when Sagan sent our location to space.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I would be more concerned with ultra-terrestial "demons" than ets'. Lots of pre-historic artifacts reveal that reptillians might exist!

The greys which are extra-terrestial seem to be interested in mining the earth for minerals and performing "medical experiments" on a few unlucky humans. From what I read their race is nearing extinction and need to renew their dna. The american government is allegedly helping them in this regard while getting some high tech in exchange.....

Not all aliens are "evil" though. According to the krill papers and a few other sources(which I do not remember off-hand), there are many other races which more-or-less are simply curious.

Big topic and by no means do I have all the answers. In fact it is doubtfull if any of this stuff is true but what pisses me off is that mainstream science totally ignores the topic.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by EarthCitizen07]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join