It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed forces 'superbug' menaces UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Armed forces 'superbug' menaces UK

observer.guardian.co.uk

The UK, the United States and Canada are facing growing fears over a drug-resistant 'superbug' being brought back by wounded soldiers from Afghanistan and Iraq that threatens to contaminate civilian hospitals.

The intensified concern comes amid sharply rising infection rates in the US and fresh worries in Canada that the bug could be imported into its civilian healthcare system. Military health officials who have studied the bacterium in Afghanistan believe the infection of wounded British soldiers in field hospitals there is probably inevitable.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Strange.

Could this POSSIBLY be some sort of biological weapon being used?

The only reason I wonder is, it's popping up in troops from Iraq AND Afghanistan.

Could this be another "small pox in the blankets" deal? Or simply a coincidence that the same "superbug" popped up in troops from both locations?

observer.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
And if I remember correctly, was there not supposed o have been some other kind of bug going around after the first gulf war?

Were there not thousands of other soldiers suffering from some form of medical problem.?

Sounds all too suspicious to me.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
A "superbug" from Afghanistan AND Iraq? I think the real question is where it ORIGINATED from! Two places at once, I don't think so...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
A co-worker of mine just had his son almost die in a military hospital. He ended up coming down with a case of pnemonia that was way stronger and faster spreading than the hospital could have expected. Another kid in his same platoon died soon after getting a staph infection.

I don't know if it is a manufactured disease, or if it is a result of poorly treating these guys for so long with insufficient anti-biotics therefore creating these treatment resistant diseases.

top topics

join