It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economy Sinking Government Knows & Giving Bad Info

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

No dependants. Just me, and no taxes deducted from payroll just to keep the math simple.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
this is a test. anomalies detected.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Okay, so back to the issue at hand. Just to keep the math simple, I filled out the 1040EZ for a single adult with those figures and no dependants, and I ended up owing taxes.

EDIT to add: www.irs.gov...

[edit on 1/21/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Light futures are down over 500 sky falling tomorrow want to argue with me some more?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

You seem to be confusing me with conversations you are having with the voices in your head. No one in this thread - including me - has said a market down turn isn't coming. You keep arguing with me as if I've never said the following OVER and OVER:

Originally posted by LightinDarkness
I - and everyone else - have predicted one [a recession] for years. Its a cycle, and were in it.

Not to mention BLS has predicting a recession for 2 years.

a recession has been predicted since 2005.

predicted recession on the way

I look forward to the DOW plummeting. It means the "stupid crowd" amongst investors will be freaking out and everyone who is shorting the market going long on gold and oil will make a killing off the sheeple. Come on, Dow 10,000! Your making me some big money! I only wish I had more money to invest...sigh. Oh well, we go through these periods every few years. I'll make more off the next one.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Wow, just wow. Why would ANYONE claim 0? You are giving "uncle sam" a BIG FAT INTEREST FREE LOAN. Why would ANYONE *want* to give the government their own money - interest free? And actually you are *losing* value on your money due to inflation. Why on earth would you not just...put the money in an interest bearing savings account.

Option 1:
Give $1 to uncle sam, get it back in April. The value of your dollar is now $0.90

Option 2:
Give $1 to yourself in an interest bearing account. The value of your dollar is now $1.05

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LightinDarkness

Thats what some people prefer if you look at what I said though I dont know if I sent it to him in a U2U or on the thread I dont recommend claiming 0 for that reason but sometimes thats what people prefer. Why not give the option?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I still see poor people paying taxes if they use 1040EZ. I'm waiting to be disproven so I can actually do my own taxes.

[edit on 1/21/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
OOOOOkay, I'm reloaded!

I don't want to do my taxes until I get some proof here that poor people don't pay taxes.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Jack long time hope all is well check out this site. Found it on the fly Im sure if you google do poor people pay taxes you will get better info.

www.askquestions.org...

Its just a fact the poor do not pay state and federal income taxes they get it all back. You have to pay SSI and Medicare thats just a fact of life but not federal or state.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I filled out 1040EZ on IRS with sample amounts and found that taxes were still due.

Good ta see ya again bud!

I'll have to check the link in a little while.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Get ready the Amero is on the way. I still want to know, How will they bring in the Amero and phase out the Dollar?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bubbakiah

Easy, make the dollar worth less than the paper it's printed on. Collapse the US economy. When the new North American economic block is intoduced to the global market, Americans will be the first in line to get their hands on the new currency.

EDIT to add: You're seeing the "phasing out" of the dollar right now. What you are seeing happening right now, is how it is done.

[edit on 3/20/0808 by jackinthebox]

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join