It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeffirelli (Italian film & Opera Director) Offers The Pope a makeover.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm not the biggest fan of the Pope or religion in general for that matter, but I hear where this dude is coming from.

To me the Church seems very out of place in the modern world and the Pope, considering he supposedly has these millions of people at his disposal is one useless leader.

Surely it is people such as himself that should be leading the way forward to world peace, or maybe they all have their own agenda!! One that has little to do with God and all that stuff and more to do with world domination and the master race!

Is the way the Pope wears his duds important?

Should he put on some slacks and Kylie Minogues (brogues) and hot-step it down to Camdon town?

Is it time for a wholesale change in the way the church presents it self to the masses?

The Article is not a bad one, but some of the comments at the end from the Gen Pub are pretty funny!!

So I ask YOU, Oh peoples of thy great and mighty BTS!

Should the Pope's funky duds stay or go?

If they stay, then why?

If they go, then where do they go and what do you replace them with?

MonKey

[edit on 16/12/07 by ChiKeyMonKey]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Should he put on some slacks and Kylie Minogues (brogues) and hot-step it down to Camdon town?

Is it time for a wholesale change in the way the church presents it self to the masses?

There will always be "time" for a wholesale change, because in all times, the mediocre are repelled by anything that escapes their frame of mind.

Consequently, there'll always be whores aplenty who'll gladly take it on. Which is why they are what they are.

To each their own. (And I mean it.)

I just don't think it's necessary or desirable for the Pope, or indeed any religious or spiritual - or ANY - leader, to join the clowns.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

I just don't think it's necessary or desirable for the Pope, or indeed any religious or spiritual - or ANY - leader, to join the clowns.

No joining necessary. They already ARE clowns. Might as well dress them up like clowns, so we know what we're dealing with at all times.

Bozo the Pope has a nice ring to it.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The pope isn't useless, because he's certainly being used.

new topics

top topics

join