It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vela Supernova Remnant, One Gigapixel Interactive Image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
www.skyfactory.org...

Just for the buffs out there, you probably seen this picture and maybe made a post but It's worth an effort. The picture is a section of space at 1 billion pixels.
Guess that would not be as a next camera to buy within the next 10 years. So if you wondered how 1billion pixels look here it is.

Apart from that you would spend days looking at this image wondering if a planet with life is out there or something.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
www.noao.edu...

Here is another galaxy image in Hi rez, but i think this one has been used before somewhere on this site. Speak to each other man or are you still looking at my first picture?

Good luck.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by The time lord]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This was posted late on during the night so this post would not have been seen, so I will update the page it is on to front page of the recent posts to get more viewers.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by The time lord]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Hope someone says something on this post guess I'm speaking to my self on here, but it's a good picture and the more you room into the bigger space seems to get, the nearest thing we get to space travel.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
something.

Seriously, great images, I could spend hours (if I had the time) looking at these images and others. One thing you can be assured of however, is that there is life out there...somewhere!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
This point of view I will give is about knowing there is life out there is in our hearts but you have to ponder that maybe some one like God created it and explains 'look at what I made', because it is obvious it was not by chance.

That is what the Bible says as it's written in our hearts as we know it's logical.

This is one way of thinking about these type of space images or even looking to the stars, but we all wonder as we gain faith that something is out there.

But I won't spoil it for people but I think by looking in one area of the picture you wonder who is out there and looking at every star just in this picture will take some time.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by The time lord]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just updating this old post, I like to recycle sometimes you should have a go. Just in case people missed the picture and the topic and the link to it.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Nice. I really loved the way it was so zoomable and you just went deeper and deeper into it. There is an image which can stretch the mind. Thanks for that.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Cool, thanks glad someone liked it, an old post is never too old and sometimes you have to get it out for it to start working-the thread that is.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by The time lord]

[edit on 23-10-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Yeah true time, true. It seems that people inate curiosity is dampend down/dumbed down by the daily doses of toxins they ingest.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

I would bet intelligent design. Like God or a creator wanted enough distance that only really smart people would find other life when they reached a high enough evolution.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
www.skyfactory.org...

Just for the buffs out there, you probably seen this picture and maybe made a post but It's worth an effort. The picture is a section of space at 1 billion pixels.
Guess that would not be as a next camera to buy within the next 10 years. So if you wondered how 1billion pixels look here it is.

Apart from that you would spend days looking at this image wondering if a planet with life is out there or something.

Next generation GoogleUniverse: find a planet, zoom it, spy on the natives

new topics

top topics

join