It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Horizon Project - Anyone Know Anything

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
A few weeks back I was listening to an Internet stream. The host mentioned something

called the Horizon Project. Supposedly since the 1940's world governments have been

building underground bases, no suprise there. But what he said next really surprised me.

According to him the underground cities, if you will were to be the housing areas for

certain individuals with what they refer to as superior genes. Those that were chosen

would have to live underground for a period of five years or so, until it was okay to

resurface again. Maybe this is why there is such a huge push behind DNA mapping.

Maybe the DNA sequencing isn't being done to help create cures for diseases but

rather to help identify those with certain genes that are of interest to the world's elite.I

have tried to find out more about The Horizon Project with no luck. Every reference to

it has proved dissapointing. Has anyone else ever heard of this?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I can't remember what show it was that I heard this on. Has anyone else

ever heard of The Horizon Project? If so please reply back.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I haven't heard of that specific name before but I do believe I have a little bit of info on something similar you're talking about.

Supposedly there's a "Shadow Government" that stays underground in case of times of need. There's an official to represent each one that's on the top-side but underground. There are supposed to be huge areas that are like underground cities with ventilation and underground water supplies. It makes sense that they would keep what they think is "Genetically Pure" underground to replace the government officials...

It kind of makes you think if our Government isn't arranging a convenient disaster so that they can replace the current government with their Genetically Pure puppets.

It also makes perfect sense that someone would be sick enough to do something like this. Kings, tyrants and Emperors have been doing this kind of crap forever. Nobility always think they're better than everyone else and it gives them something to do, tamper with everyone's lives.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
here is a link to the show you're talking about...
i listened to it last night on youtube and its scared the living daylights outta me!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Sounds familiar. I'll send some requests in for information and then let you know if I've found out anything.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You have two things happening here. First, the Horizon Project was not a DNA testing lab. It was a program to see if selected members could live underground for the purposes of living on a future planned base (lunar).

If you like, I will post images of said base designs as well as the document here if there is interest.

Our DNA (underground testing) is very restricted.
I have a ton of documents now about underground facilities but after glancing through, I didn't find anything of note regarding anything that you've stated. There is a gentleman who works over at the NGA, and this is what was shared with me on him. First name has been redacted.

" ******* Sevin An independent consultant, Dr. Sevin's research interests are in nuclear and conventional weapons effects, hardened facility design, and computational structural mechanics. Dr. Sevin has served as chief of the Strategic Structures Division of the Defense Nuclear Agency and as assistant to the deputy director for science and technology for experimental research, DNA. He joined the Office of the Secretary of Defense in..."

Our current Deputy and Director knows nothing about a Horizon project. Call him yourself if you don't believe me, or if you're able. This leads me to presume that the Horizon project you are speaking about, has nothing to do with DNA testing inasmuch as it does the lunar outpost.

The document is long so here's a brief rundown.

9 JUNE 1959
PROJECT HORIZON REPORT

A U. S. ARMY STUDY FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT
OF A LUNAR OUTPOST

(TRANSMITTAL LETTER)
SECRET

CRD/1 (S) Proposal to Establish a Lunar Outpost ( C )

Chief of Ordnance CRD 20 Mar 1959

1. (U) Reference letter to Chief of Ordnance from Chief of Research and Development, subject as above.

2. (C) Subsequent to approval by the Chief of Staff of reference, representatives of the Army Ballistic Missile Agency indicated that supplementary guidance would be required concerning the scope of the preliminary investigation... (snip)

5. Your plan of accomplishment should include full utilisation of the other technical services and combat arms to the extent feasible and necessary. In the accomplishment of this investigation the Chief of Engineers all be responsible for the design, constriction, and maintenance of the base and the Chief Signal Officer will be responsible for communications and other support for which he is peculiarly qualified. Specific emphasis should be given to the Army-wide capability to contribute to this project. The results of this preliminary investigation are requested by 15 May 1959.

6. Reproductions of this letter to the extent you deem essential is **********. All copies will be recorded.

Signed

ARTHUR G. TRUDEAU
Lieutenant General, GS
Chief of Research and Development

Requirement for a Lunar Outpost
1. General.

There is a requirement for a manned military outpost on the moon. The lunar outpost is required to develop and protect potential United States interests on the moon; to develop techniques in moon-based surveillance of the earth and space, in communications relay, and in operations on the surface of the moon; to serve as a base for exploration of the moon, for further exploration into space and for military operations on the moon if required; and to support scientific investigations on the moon.

2. Operational Concept.

Initially the outpost will be of sufficient size and contain sufficient equipment to permit the survival and moderate constructive activity of a minimum number of porsonne1 (about 10 - 20) on a sustained basis. It must be designed for expansion of facilities, resupply, and rotation of personnel to ensure maximum extension of sustained occupancy. It should be designed to be self-sufficient for as long as possible without outside support. In the location and design of the base, consideration will be given to operation of a triangulation station of a moon-to-earth base line space surveillance system, facilitating communications with and observation of the earth, facilitating travel between the moon and the earth, exploration of the moon and further explorations of space, and to the defence of the base against attack if required. The primary objective is to establish the first permanent manned installation on the moon. Incidental to this mission drill be the investigation of the scientific, commercial, and military potential of the moon.

(snip)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

4. Organisational Concept.
The establishment of the outpost should be a special project having authority and priority similar to the Manhattan Project in World War II. Once established, the lunar base will be operated under the control of a unified space command. Space, or certainly that portion of outer space encompassing the earth and the moon, will be considered a military theatre. The control of all United States military forces by unified commands is already established and military operations in space should be no exception. A unified space command should control and utilise, besides the lunar base, operationa1 military satellites and space vehicles, space surveillance systems, and the logistical support thereof. Other space commands might be organised as our operations extended to translunar space.

5. Degree of Urgency.

To be second to the Soviet Union in establishing an outpost on the moon would be disastrous to our nation's prestige and in turn to our democratic philosophy. Although it is contrary to United States policy, the Soviet Union in establishing the first permanent base, may claim the moon or critical areas thereof for its own. Then a subsequent attempt to establish an outpost by the United States might be considered and propagandised as a hostile act.

(snip)

(S) CHAPTER I: INTRODUCTION
A. GENERAL

HORIZON is the project whose objective is the establishment of a lunar outpost by the United States. This study was directed by letter dated 20 March 1959, from the Chief of R&D, Department of the Army, to the Chief of Ordnance. Responsibility for the preparation of the study was subsequently assigned to the Commanding General, Army Ordnance Missile Command. Elements of all Technical Services of the Army participated in...(snip)

B. JUSTIFICATION

1. The Broad Requirement
(snip)

2. Purpose of the Lunar Outpost

The establishment of a manned US outpost on the moon will:

Demonstrate the United States scientific leadership in outer space
Support scientific explorations and investigations.
Extend and improve space reconnaissance and surveillance capabilities and control of space.
Extend and improve communications and serve as a communications relay station.
Provide a basic and supporting research laboratory for space research and development activity.
Develop a stable, low-gravity outpost for use as a launch site for deep space exploration.
Provide an opportunity for scientific exploration and development of a space mapping and survey system.
Provide an emergency staging area, rescue capability or navigational aid for other space activity.

(snip)

This build-up program requires 61 SATURN I and 88 SATURN II launchings through November 1966, the average launching rate being 5. 3 per month. During this period some 490,000 pounds of useful cargo will be transported to the moon

During the first operational year of the lunar outpost, December 1966 through 1967, a total of 64 launchings have been scheduled These will result in an additional 266,000 pounds of useful cargo on the moon...

(snip)
C. OUTPOST

1. Location
(snip)

2. Design Criteria
(snip)

3. Outpost Facilities and Their Installation
Figure I-1 shows the HORIZON outpost as it would appear in late 1965, after about six months of construction effort. The basic building block for the outpost will be cylindrical metal tanks ten feet in diameter and 20 feet in length. (Details of typical tanks are shown in Fig. I-2.) The buried cylindrical tanks at the left-centre of Fig, I-1 constitute the living quarters of the initial construction crew of nine men who will arrive in July 1965, (Details in Fig. I-3.)

(snip)

This goes on and on. Ending with section I-3.
Basically what I'm sharing here is that this is not and never was a project regarding an underground genetics lab.
More stress-testing the human psyche and living conditions, though that was only a portion of it's much larger scale end-game.

I hope this has been of some help. Again, I went over a LOT of papers regarding our underground facilities, and I can share bits with you even if you like, but regarding the OP, this is the Horizon Project.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I just realized, and dang it, theblain!

Please don't bring back to life threads that are several years old. The OP propbably isn't even around anymore. Feel as though time was wasted, now.
edit on 19-11-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I know this was on old thread.... but im extremely curious about the old Dec 21st 2012 thing... and the video clip that i linked above facinated me. the guy talking on the clip is pretty convincing about what he says in coming. i.e pole shifts, world wide flooding. 2 thirds of the population perishing, continents literally sinking into the sea and new ones rising in their place.... this horizon project had better be in full flow if what he says holds any erm.... water

have you listened to the clip? it scared the #e outta me!!

edit on 21-11-2012 by theblain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
It is not a waste of time that it is an old plan or idea. There have been such plans in every millennium, some transmitted through mythologies. The idea that mankind survived as a species because at some points in antiquity they had to live underground for a time, is sensible when you consider what we know now about how often extinction events occur on the Earth. It is unwise to think that extinction events won't ever happen again, and that we don't need to consider how to avert extinction because of it. It is not a conspiracy. It is just a fact of nature. With that said, it is a good idea that plans are made to offset such an extinction event, and as a matter of fact there are global projects already addressing this inevitably, with the Seed Project in the north pole region and the DNA archive in the Swiss mountains. That mankind has considered this even before our present knowledge is a testament to the will to survive.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

Where is the source for your info please?

And I agree that it was a good think this thread was brought back to life. I had never heard of any of this. You seem to be the answer man.. did you make a thread on this topic yourself? if not.. good thing this old thread was dug up.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Department of Defense archives.

top topics

join