It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL. Got a sleeper?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I said before season started that the Pats would take it all. I still believe that will happen. That being said, these guys are pros and any team can beat another team on any given day. If you pick one team that would surprise who would it be?

For me it's the Jags.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I agree, I think the Jaguars can beat New England if they meet up in the playoffs.

Green Bay is gonna win it all though........

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Dallas lost today. Surprising. But I agree that J'ville is a sleeper. The only other sleeper might be Cleveland. I see no sleepers in the NFC.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Dolphins all the way Baby!

Teams will start tom drop like flies when they figure out what roids their all taking and the only team left will win it all!!

Dolphins don't do drugs!

MonKey

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Sleeper? Well, as a Dallas fan, I hate to say this, but I think Tampa Bay has the capability to upset everyone's applecart.. In the AFC, Cleveland could very well be a sleeper. I wouldn't suggest that anyone overlook them.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think the chargers that have been playing lights out of late are much stronger now than at the beggining of the season and they will be very motivated in the playoffs this year after last year debacle.

I don't consider the Jaguars a sleeper they have beaten good teams this season but the Colts own them, they are a pretty solid team though and can beat anyone and it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Until the Giants lost Shockey for the season last night, I might've picked them. I don't know what NFC team I'd pick. Seems like there's two really good teams and the rest are mediocre, at best. So, outside Dallas & Green Bay, I guess all the NFC teams are sleepers.

I certainly can't view the Chargers as a sleeper, with all the talent they have. If I had to pick one in the AFC, I might go with the Browns. They've won 4 of their last 5. At the beginning of the season, I'd have said Buffalo as a likely sleeper. The Jags always look tough to me, so I can't view them as a real sleeper, either.

Man, the Ravens. Started out 4-2 then lose 8 straight. And should've beaten New England. They're not a sleeper, they're comatose.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Steelers...

Nah seriously, as much as I'd like to see them make another play off run, I just don't see it this year, but I'm hoping...

Minnesota is playing well, they might pull something off...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Minnesota is playing well, they might pull something off...

Yeah, but to me, they are too dependent upon Adrian Peterson's game play...

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I would have liked to have said the Bengals...but again, not this year, so will look to the Cowboys.

Despite losing on the weekend, they still come from one of the toughest divisions.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
I would have liked to have said the Bengals...but again, not this year, so will look to the Cowboys.

Despite losing on the weekend, they still come from one of the toughest divisions.

Yep... I don't think Dallas is a sleeper though. Most expect Dallas to at least go to the NFC Championship and maybe, likely in my opinion, go to the Super Bowl..Of course, that is coming from a Cowboys fans,
so take it for what it's worth.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
i think the sleeper team is Cleveland, now that being said I am a die hard Browns fan and to be honest the only hope I had at the start of the season was that they break even. Now however they are improving every game they have the confidence of a winning team and alot of young talent and still possibly in contention for the division championship, all in all not bad for a team that this time last year was no where close to having a pulse.

It will be interesting to see how the playoff pcture plays out, if I were pittsburgh I would be plenty nervous about playing them a third time. This is also a team that while they didnt win had a very good outing against the Patriots (by this I mean they were never really out of the game). And while I dont really feel that they are a Superbowl contending team they have certainly left a very positive impression for the next few years.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jovi1
And while I dont really feel that they are a Superbowl contending team they have certainly left a very positive impression for the next few years.

Well, it wouldn't seem, but stranger things have happened.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The Pats are no longer immortal. My team(da Eagles) proved that a few weeks ago.

However, they will go 16-0. Dolphins and Giants? They won't lose to those clowns. The Pats are human and can lose at home. I would say that the Steelers cannot beat them but the Chargers can. I also think the Jags have a shot. The Pats own the Colts so I wouldn't include them in the picture.

Pats and Packers for superbowl!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conundrum04

Pats and Packers for superbowl!!!

Patsies And COWBOYS for Superbowl!!

[edit on 19-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Patsies And COWBOYS for Superbowl!!

[edit on 19-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

Not if Jessica Simpson has a say in it. It seems that Romo is very busy off the field if you know what I mean.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conundrum04

Not if Jessica Simpson has a say in it. It seems that Romo is very busy off the field if you know what I mean.

He was a bit weary eyed against the Eagles wasn't he?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I think the Jags are the best sleeper candidate.

Nevertheless I wouldn't mind seeing Packers vs Patriots in the Super Bowl.

/tn.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Sleeper? Uh, is there any doubt? San Diego.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Sleeper? Uh, is there any doubt? San Diego.

Well it's easy enough to say that now.

Btw, did the Chargers win that game or did the Colts lose it?

top topics

join