It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is this stuff taboo in our society?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
We discuss it freely, but bring it up with an outsider, and you're a nut job, kook, Communist, etc.

Someone care to explain WHY?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I meant conspiracies.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
IDK really know; i told my friends that Communism would be nicer than this Democratic Dictatorship we find ourselves in, and they give me a weird look.

I would venture to say its due to MSM, and the way society has been comformed into thinking everything is bad i guess, with the advent of techonology at hand, it seems that the tech. has erased somethings and labled them in a negative position. I dont know specifically anything thats labled like Taboo, but can you give me an experiance youve had?

But i must agree with you, your right in what you said.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Depends on how you present
it.

If you just throw out your ideas,
you're going to ruffle feathers.

Start slowly. Speak softly.

Treat it like a love affair.

They may not agree, but will
be more willing to explore.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

In general taboo areas arise because individuals have come to believe (different sets of) mutually contradictory things in the course of being (manipulatively) brought up to have emotional needs which get (more or less) satisfied by the deceivers around them. So then for example UFOs could be a bad subject because the individual thinks " How dare you be able to ask questions about unapproved topics when I know that if I started asking even basic questions about my own life and loved ones I would not like the answers?" In other words, if you take less # than they do they subconsciously feel it makes them look bad. " Know what I mean Vern?"

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Is there a reason you made this thread twice?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

I think it's because with most questions/issues we're not given all the facts/possibilities. Readers of conspiracy sites and the alternative media, truly have open minds. The average person's mind is not open enough to even consider things that might be against what they consider to be the consensus 'reality' of this world we're living in/on.

To sound corny, it's like the Matrix, many are not even ready to receive alternative information; and would strongly fight to defend things, that you or I know to be false.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Raoul Duke]

new topics

top topics

join