It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I tell my girlfriend any of this stuff?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I vote you let her find out on her own via osmosis from observing you as she probably will on occasion.

When she does ask about it, it's best to just say it's something you dabble in and no big deal. If she gets it this way it should slowly seep into her as just one of your quirky things.

If however you are really into it for hours a day 24/7 I'd say you will probably be kissing her goodbye. Most of the populous has no interest in any of it beyond the occasional banter.

I like coming here and speculating on certain subjects but that's it. It doesn't affect my life other than a distraction during down time.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'd personally say, tell her.

A few months ago I was seeing some girl that I worked with. We never really had any conspiracy theory related conversations although I did once or twice try the odd comment to see if she'd know what I was talking about. Then one day I just simply said to her "Have you heard all this hype about 2012 and the supposed end of the world". That very second she was hooked on what I said and that night we spent over 3 hours talking about the NWO, 2012, Aliens/UFO's etc then watched some videos.

The next day she came into work and told me that she was talking to her dad about the NWO and 2012. He told her to be quiet about the subject and he will one day sit her down and talk to her about it. For now though, he wont utter a word on the NWO. This kinda freaked her out a bit and now she thinks her dad might be working for them because he works in London, NEVER talks his job and always goes in a black suit and tie...

Anyway, I guess thats got nothing to do on whether you should tell her or not, but some people need their eyes opening to whats going on in the world today. If I had never said anything about 2012, sure, maybe she would have heard it from someone else in the next 5 years

You shoulda seen her face when I told her that 2007 apparantely equals 2012.....

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Does she already think your nuts? My opinion is that if you value this girl, then you probably shouldn't tell her of your fantasies and imagination. You'll most likely scare her off as being a paranoid schitzo.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I tried with my girlfriend of a bit more that 3 and a half years (I don't know when I actually started, though). Um, I will say that it shouldn't matter what you two may discuss. If you love each other (well, in this case, if she loves you), she will listen to you honestly and make up her own mind on the subjects. My girlfriend didn't know anything about conspiracies, but I am happy to discuss these things with her ( even if she's not
). I can't make up her mind for her (though, sometimes I try), so that is the beauty of it all. So, yes, just talk about it and, hopefully, she will listen attentively and decide whether to pursue the topic herself or to dismiss it.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
i had a wife like that truth. she had no idea what was going on. it took
nearly a decade for her to catch on. we eventually divorced but i can
say she left a lot more aware than ever before. give it time dude and
allow her to notice whats really going on... good luck!!

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Tell her about it.
If she has any depth she will take on board what your saying.
If she thinks your mad,thats her bad luck and she can carry on with her shallow existance.(that sounds a bit harsh,sorry,im sure she's lovely!)
Its just an alternative view of stuff so dont try to push any definative so called "truths" at her.eg-the driver shot JFK,most 911 info,soulcatcher on the moon etc.

My girlfriend took a few months to understand "this stuff",she was eager to learn which was nice and now she's really grown as a person and we get along a lot better.

Good luck.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I had my girlfriend watch all 9 seasons of the x files with me. Now she understands where I am coming from. However relationships are complicated. She still thinks I'm silly for enjoying the reptilian videos. Everthing else she is cool with.

Regards

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

Dude,
First you need to know how we view people who actually *believe* the chemtrail BS. You need to appear curious, but not certain in regard to these issues if you honestly want to have a relationship with others who don't even have the ability to believe in most of this crap.

It's ok to talk about it, and it's even ok to talk about evidence, as long as you appear skeptical. And it wouldn't hurt you to actually be skeptical.

For example, I had an experience that was identical to the "abduction phenomena", however I don't neccesarily think it was an actual "Alien Abduction." It's been a common psychic experience in most all cultures, just called different things, and visually interpreted differently.

You see, whether you believe that crap or not, It sounds a lot better than "Did you know that I was once abducted by aliens?"

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Quazga]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Let me give you my perspective, based on experience. I am currently a born-again independent. For many years I was a staunch Republican and became almost belligerent after 9/11. I hated listening to anyone saying anything against the establishment and thought Son of a Bush was my hero. I don't know how my wife could stand me back then. I'm lucky to still be happily married. I was such a right-winger. I even got into an argument with one of my brothers sent me the very first video questioning the Pentagon crash (around 2002). I told him it was terrorist propaganda. Then I started listening to Alex Jones and others and hated all of them, at first. However, as time went by, they started making sense. I started listening to other perspectives.

Fast forward to 2007. I am embarrassed to have voted for Son of a Bush twice and only see Ron Paul as the only choice. However, whenever I point the checkered sky to my wife or talk about 9/11 and all its impossible characteristics, she thinks I am bipolar. First, this ultra right winger and now, this conspiracy theorist. Even my family, which is very conservative is starting to wonder what is wrong with me. I, like you, am awake now. I have connected the dots and feel more informed when not watching regular news.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to share my experience. As one member said above, let her learn by osmosis. I honestly think very soon everyone will start realizing something is wrong. If your girlfriend knew you knew all along, maybe she'll get pissed and "dump" you because you never told her you knew.
No, seriously, I guess it's a CATCH 22. Start small. Have her watch Loose Change with you and see what happens afterwards. If she says it's boring, change the movie; and if she likes it and wants conversation about it, you're on the right rack. Either way you'll know how to proceed. Good luck!

P.S. Although many doubt on the following two individuals (both deceased), you might know Bill Cooper and Phil Schneider, they opened my eyes to look for answers elsewhere. And I have.

"I rather have my mind open by wonder than closed by belief."

[edit on 18-12-2007 by manticore]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
thetruth, there is only one girl I ever talked to about my philosophical beliefs and what I thought about the current world situation, and I only did it then because I knew she was open to my spiel. I don't even talk openly to my family about my spiritual beliefs or what I think is currently happening in the world. So, the long and short of my answer is, I'd suggest you not say anything to her until you have a grasp on what she thinks or believes. If her beliefs and ideas are too different from your own, then just keep it to yourself....

[edit on 18-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Some home truths for you

This is my second and last contribution to this thread.

There are many practical arguments for not telling your girlfriend what you believe. However, this is a situation in which practicality is contemptible.

Do you have any self-respect?

Do you have any integrity?

If you do, you will tell her - today. If you don't, you would be nothing but a sneaking, untrustworthy coward.

How do you think she would feel if she found out from somebody else, before you told her yourself?

Be a man, for heaven's sake.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Maybe better to tell her of historical events such as operation northwood, operation ajax, gulf of tonkin incident,the reichstag fire, the USS liberty .. events that are more of historical record than out and out conspiracies ,and then see if she wants to connect the dots to the likelyhood of similar events still happening today. If she does.. then proceed with 9/11 , NWO, police state etc, if she doesn't care.. don't bother.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
From my own experience, I would just like to suggest that you speak to her about it openly but also point out that if she doesn't believe what you believe you're okay with that! My husband and I have been happily married for 12 years but he will have nothing to do with my "conspiracy nonsense". He doesn't believe it, won't talk about it and doesn't like me visiting "those sites" when I'm on his PC at home! However, it hasn't changed the way we feel about each other and there are many other people that I can talk to freely about it when I need to, just not my husband! If she loves you but doesn't agree with your beliefs, she will hopefully just see it as one of your "quirks". If she doesn't intend spending the rest of her life with you, she'll just leave. I really would just be upfront and honest with her about it but also make it very very clear that her opinions also count even if they are exact opposites of your beliefs. Hope that makes sense!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnowItAll
Does she already think your nuts?

She thinks his nuts just like in any healthy relationship.

I'd start slow. Try 'hey, did you know that Hillary is a shape-shifting lizard creature from the hollow Earth', and see how she responds.

Pass that and I'd say 'good to go'.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
If you´re actually afraid of sharing some stuff then its because you dont really believe in that stuff yourself.

And you shouldnt be sharing anything you dont believe in.

What you do believe in, you will be sharing in a relaxed tone and nobody is going to call you a loon for that.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

Why would you tell her that you're a brainless dip # who has nothing better to do than beleive moronic comspiracy theories?

Keep up the facade that you aren't a nut job.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
So, have you told her?

Don't be afraid to tell her what you believe, she probably believes things that you think are "crazy". Hell, maybe she thinks your neighbours are shape-shifting reptilians from Niburu and are watching your every move!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I don't have time right now to read what other people have said, so I'm probably just repeating it.

There are two things you shouldn't disucss - religion and politics. Many conspiracies involve either or both. Unless a specific topic comes up in normal conversation, avoid it. Even then, never speak as if your opinion is fact. Always present your opinion as just that - one of many sides to an issue.

I wish you two luck, and maybe it'll turn out she browses ATS too.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Ask yourself a question: are you to date your girlfriend or do you want to inform her about the highly controversial "facts" presented on this site?

I mean, much of the things we at ATS "think" we know, we actually are just guessing for the sake of it. I think many of us enjoy playing around with the "what if"- schemes and theories that we do not actually know enough about.

What I usually do, I kind of get the feeling how people are seeing these things. I do not bring them deliberately up. I might soften the blow like on 9/11 by saying "I just find it very strange that the terrorists were carrying flight manuals if they were suicide pilots, it just puzzles me. Do you have any opinion on that?" or something.

If I see that the people do not share my views, I will not start lecturing them. It's the same as with religion: you can believe whatever you like, but do not try to make your fellow man to share your views.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
My advice to the OP is that he should not force his views or info unto his girl. You should make her aware of your views, but do not push it if she does not ask for more.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join