It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I tell my girlfriend any of this stuff?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
OK, we've known each other for several months, and are now at a point where we we keep no secrets from each other. That being said, should I tell her about the 9/11, NWO, media manipulation, chemtrail, etc. stuff? By asking careful questions, I deduced that she does NOT know about this. Heck, she never heard of ANY conspiracy theory OR Alex Jones.

HOW should I tell her?

WHAT would she think of me?

WHAT would she think of the info?

Is there any use hiding it?

SOMEONE give me suggestion!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hmm. For the sake of your relationship, I'd say no for the time being. Give it a few more months.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Id say no too. You want to talk about other things than this stuff once in awhile, dont you?

Also, its tough to discern whats true and whats not.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
But...

When I DO way it...

How do I say it...?

What will be the probable reaction???

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777

HOW should I tell her?

I think it is vital that you merely introduce her to the "conspiracies", and let her make her own oppinion about it, instead of forcing your beliefs on to her.

WHAT would she think of me?

eeeeh...I think you would be the best to answer that, since she is your girlfriend.

WHAT would she think of the info?

She will either agree or disagree, in some of it or all of it.

Is there any use hiding it?

I don't see why? as long as you don't force your beliefs onto her

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Bluess]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Honestly - I've found over the years it's best never to dump conspiracy on people who don't have a natural instinct for it. I bore my guy to death sometimes if I get all preachy. I've seen other people who turn others off because of the way they present the material and there is nothing worse than driving one's personal perspective into the minds of the unwitting.

Those who know, know. Those who are happy without knowing, should probably stay that way. But that's just where I'm coming from.

I've seen a lot of people get so lost in theory, speculation and paranoia that they ruin relationships, but seeing as how you know your girl better than I ever could - you'll just have to weigh the pros and cons of telling her.

Is it because you just want someone you love to talk with about these points? Maybe a second opinion?

Heck - only you can answer that one.

Myself, I prefer to see my loved ones happy and focused elsewhere.

I have ATS for the rest.

Maybe drop a hint and see if she goes anywhere with it.

Good luck to you.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
Those who know, know. Those who are happy without knowing, should probably stay that way. But that's just where I'm coming from.

Agree with you 100%.
If she ever suspects something is up, all she has to do is Google it and she'll find out all she needs to know.

You saying "this and this happened", could make her think you're a loon, but if she asks you about it, take it slow and answer as much as you can bit at a time.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Don' t tell her and be careful on how you approach others about this. I NEVER gotten a good response from anyone outside this forum. My wife thinks its interesting but no a believer except for some 9/11 issues I brought to her attention. I tried a couple times but heard "your not one of those Conspiracy Theory people are you?" comments then I shut up. I wanted to say "your not a bible thumper are you?" but refrained sometimes I wish I would have.

Dont stray too far from the mainstream media at first. Instead one day "stumble" on this website with a good thread that adds to the general populace beliefs with a what if question or something that sparks interest.

I agree though too early in the relationship I think. Maybe you could ask over dinner somehow how did a plane bring down those buildings? Maybe she is just like you who knows? If it goes south blame it on a co-worker who brought it up.

A general question since we are on the topic. Are we that rare of people here? What percentage of the world does anyone think we are?

Things to ponder...................

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
That's a tough one.

I would say get to know her a bit better, then start with something small and see how far you get with that.
Unfortunatly, people DO laugh at us for beleiving certain things.
I would start with Bush and his agenda, after all, that's real, and you're not going DIRECTLY into the fact the moon is manmade, or the fact the tv can watch us back. Save THOSE for later.

See how she reacts at the world situation, and throw in something that "you heard" and see how she reacts.

Good luck.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If I conceal this, am I no better than THEM?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
For example, my friend brought 9/11 and the microchip up, but only when he was drunk...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Look....

you´re not concealing anything. If she´s interested, she´ll find out. If she is not interested, its not a good idea to shove your beliefs on her.

Best relationships are those where worldviews differ but are mutually appreciated.

You can say GENERAL stuff anyone will agree with:

"I dont really believe everything I see in the News"

"Who knows whats really happening behind the scenes?"

"Im interested in stuff like that" (if it is ever brought up by her or you see some documentary on TV about it)

These are No-No´s:

"Reptilians are ruling the world through the illuminati in secret"

"There is overwhelming evidence for the UFO-government theory versus the UFO-alien theory. But Im still undecided. Gosh, the face on Mars sure is interesting, dont you think?"

But you know that yourself, dont you? You dont overwhelm people with data that is outside of their field of expertise.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

No, I wouldn't tell her anything. She might be working for the CIA

Actually I would not mention much about it until you get to know her interests better. She may think that your a loon like the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

No, I wouldn't tell her anything. She might be working for the CIA

Actually I would not mention much about it until you get to know her interests better. She may think you are just another ATS loonie.

Curses, the double post wammy strikes again

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Sanity Lost]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
If some of the purpose of this site is to disclose secrets and share information then doesn't that speak for itself. If your concerned about what others think then what is the point of even being here.

Tell it like it is, if she don't like it then she needs to deal with it.

brill

[edit on 16-12-2007 by brill]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Man...you guys are all rather mean.

Why would you string someone along for however long, let them get all attached to you, only to later let them find out that they've wasted all this time on someone whom, in the end, they consider a "kook"?

I vote for full disclosure right up front.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The best way to talk to her about anything you believe - no matter what it is...is to just start casual conversations. For example:

*What are your thoughts on this?
*Hey, I was reading something the other day and it was talking about this. What do you think?
*Someone mentioned to me something about this...what do you think about it.

Dont shove your beliefs onto her, because 1. she may not believe what you believe and and 2. she may never. You have to accept that as a possible case.

Just be normal and bring up your beliefs as casual conversations. Because at the end of the day they are just that...your beliefs based upon other people's beliefs. Not necessarily facts that she must know or else.

My husband and I have differen opinons on things. And I would never try and change his opionions to match mine and vice versa. That is how a relationship should be. If she doesnt believe what you believe. Accept that and leave it at that.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noscitare
I vote for full disclosure right up front.

I agree that you should be honest about who you are. If and when she finds out later, she might wonder why you kept this from her and think you might be keeping more secrets from her.

You don't have to come out with every detail of what you believe. Just say something like, "I'm really interested in conspiracy-related topics" and then just answer her questions if she's interested in knowing more about it. This approach works well with me. I can gauge their interest by the questions they ask me.

Good luck. And if it doesn't work out... I'd be a great girlfriend because I'm totally into this stuff!

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
My personal opinion is that for any relationship to work, one must be able to share anything and everything with their partner. In the beginning, it's a process of finding out if you're compatible or not. If you're not, fine... but there's no sense in prolonging the inevitable.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Somethings are better left un said.

If she wants to know the truth she will know the truth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join