It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% proof that there is NO god!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I can see by the posts being deleted on this thread that the idea of God brings up a lot of bad feelings. Why is that?
Let's assume that there is a God for one moment. We should be thankful to him for giving us life, without him we wouldn't exist. And as no one has 100% proof ether way, well, not that we can show one another. Don't you think it would be better to chill out a little in case there is. After all what does Jesus stand for? Love, Peace, helping one another and treating others as you would want to be treated. What is so bad about that, that it brings up so much hate from none believers?

Of course I am only coming from a Christian point of view, so take out the small percentage of lunatics that any faith has and what are you left with? people that just go about their daily lives, helping one another, doing what they can at times to make things a little better for others, minding their own business and enjoying life. Yes, there are those that go overboard with their enthusiasm and I know a few myself. I'm like, Lord, can you give them a sore throat for a while and give us all a break.

On a serious note, if Christians, Muslims or any other people want to pray to their God why should it bring out the worst in those who have no God of their own. And don't give the some old excuses about the old testament, we are talking about the new covenant here, and the extremists, they use God as an excuse to lash out at their fellow man, if it wasn't God they would latch onto something else.
If i was walking down the street and we met, you wouldn't know that i was a Christian. In fact you can never tell who is a Christian and who isn't. We don't do anything different than none believers when we are out. You may see the odd preacher on the street corner telling everyone to repent but he is harmless. I would rather meet him in a dark alley than some other less desirable people that I could mention.
So what really is the problem, Why can't you just chill out a little and let things be. Having a debate on the pro's and con's of religion is fine but we should not call each other names just because we believe in different things.
Cheers
John.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
there will never be a 100% yes or no on GOD. all we have are beliefs. yet, again, i do not believe there is a GOD. for those of you that do, good for you to believe in facts made up to fit your theory.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lolita_Lollie
there will never be a 100% yes or no on GOD. all we have are beliefs. yet, again, i do not believe there is a GOD. for those of you that do, good for you to believe in facts made up to fit your theory.

Or in my case, to believe in the theory to fit the facts. Once again, people assuming that faith is just in the head and has nothing to do with God himself. This is why none believers will never know the truth. they don't know or have any clue about God and what he is doing in the world today.
And so the debate goes on.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jon1

ok, enlighten the non-believers on what god is doing in the world, please

and if it isn't too much of a bother, please specify the deity

did nobody catch the satire in my post?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

um...the title was satirical in nature, as i've clearly pointed out that i don't think you can have a 100% answer. all i was doing was making a joke that we could actually discuss in a somewhat serious manner.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentGem

You have no clue what your talking about sorry you act like a expert while it takes years for people to even study the Bible. The Bible was around long before you or I were even thought of. So how can your say the Bible is debunked- while people struggled against the Cathlic Church trying to translate the bible. I can't even count the number of people were executed because of the Bible. And you call it debunked?

Have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Originally posted by Leyla

So how can your say the Bible is debunked

Sorry for splitting the quote,
but it makes sense to me.

The Bible is a work of man.
God didn't write it.

Catholicism and Protestantism are united in their acceptance of the twenty-seven books of the New Testament, but concerning the books of the Old Testament there is not this agreement.

So, the books of the bible were
selectively edited. To what purpose ?

Controlling the masses.

while people struggled against the Cathlic Church trying to translate the bible.

The Catholics, and the Pope, specifically
ran a campaign to strength the Church.

Ever hear about the Inquisition?

By converting, Jews could not only escape eventual persecution, but also obtain entry into many offices and posts that were being prohibited to Jews through new, more severe regulations.

Sounds a lot like the Nazi's.

The Church and Popes ain't innocent.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jon1
I can see by the posts being deleted on this thread that the idea of God brings up a lot of bad feelings. Why is that?

The deleted posts had nothing to do with bad feelings, and everything to do with immature language and a general disregard for other members of this forum.

When one wonders why the Almighty God saw fit to send his only son to this world, it wasnt because things were going great.

It was a gentle instruction through example of how we might alleviate some of the inequalities in the world by practicing true love and forgiveness for ones brother and sister. The story of Jesus was that, whether you recognize him or not. In the process, due to strong willed and rigid religious custom, a disoriented people, he ended up losing his life in the process...

When we speak of the question of God or no God, perhaps the more accurate question is Good in the world, or no Good.

Which would you rather have? Why cant we seem to achieve a universal Good amongst mankind. It always seems that no matter what the period, there is always someone upsetting the apple cart, and additionally, there are massive humanistic injustices that just seem to be allowed to continue...

Good people know what good is...but even people that are supposedly good and have the best of intentions error.

I personally think, America, this America I live in, will see the revelation of the Messiah.

I personally think, that America will lead the world in the realm of right, when she herself steadys her course...

I struggle for the words that are the Golden glue that perhaps can bridge the gap between what is Good, the Almighty God, and the undertakings of the teachings of Jesus Christ without getting fanatical.

Let me ask a simpler question...

Do you believe in Good?

and if so...what is good for all for the milleniums to come?

Jesus, even if you dont know him or believe he existed, loves everyone.
Im not looking for your validation of that point, Im merely stating that overall, he was up against much of what we have here today with atheism and religious arrogance and intolerance, both by believers and non believers..

Is the injustice and suffering not obvious? And should you see it, what method would you have for teaching a way of life that will alleviate oppresion and suffering the world wide...I search in my heart for that common denominator...

The root factor is Love...

I find it interesting, that faiths the world wide teach do unto others as you would have them do unto you, yet people the world wide dont practice it. How do we all see eye to eye? Is it possible?

It seems to be a universal law of man, and anyone who doesnt understand it, needs to have someone in front of them for a minute threatening to take their life to see that the lesson is quickly learned...I know, its happened to me. I wasnt too happy, and my natural reaction was anger...
When the table turned, he knew what time it was...and in the process, I learned something about myself, and the nature of people who dont seem to get it...

Therefore, I can safely say, that even if you dont believe in God, you do believe in do unto others as you would have them do unto you, yet somehow the world doesnt do it on a multitude of levels...

Is the way more laws? Is the way more soldiers and tanks and bombs?

It is my submission, and agreement with Jesus Christ, that Love one another solves the woes of man, not merely in a saying, but by in the most ultimate sense of the meaning.

In that manner and thread, I love you all, atheist or otherwise, and sometimes it really pains me that we argue the point of God, when in truth, I know that all of you have good within you, and that should we put our minds and our hearts to it, the world can be a much better place...

A good place, for everyone, regardless of country, or culture...

It could be such a wonderful world...

Peace

[edit on 17-12-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

ok, enlighten the non-believers on what god is doing in the world,

As you know mims in all my posts I only tell my story. That way i don't get into debates on whether the truth is being told, you accept it or you don't.
What i do though is talk to many Christians and listen to what God is doing in their lives. A good source of info is any Christian newspaper, Don't take my word for anything though, do a quick search on the internet and have a look at what is happening in the world. You may be surprised.
What deity? I thought there was only one.

p.s. Do i sense a little frustration in your post?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Making a joke? I thought you said that you titled this topic because 'there was a thread floating about with the title '100% proof that God exists'. Anyhow, I don't get the joke. 'Satire' would be if you used irony, or sarcasm or such to ridicule the object of the satire.

It seems to me that you basically just copied and changed the title (some might call it 'parodying' the title, but again, I see no humour), and switched it around to ask the opposite question. If you had put in the title thread the opposite question with references to the absurdity of such a question (eg. 'My proof is that the dictionary is a collection of words from thousands of years apart, and it is all incredibly homogeneous, and it has atheism in it! Oh yeah, and my other proof is that: Where are the negative charges going when it thunders?'), it might have been funny. All you did was say '100% proof is not possible, but here is my proof anyway'. An example of a minor funny would be from the thread that this one is based off: the original poster gave his actual reasoning for the existence of God, then posted a secondary, obviously illogical proof about God bowling when it thunders.

Anyhooo, I'll just put it down to differing senses of humour (you like Douglas Adams? Terry Pratchett? Dave Barry?). What is the purpose of this thread, then? You have started numerous other 'Proof' and 'Non-proof' threads, and you saw the result from those. Did you expect anything different this time? Did you make a joke so that people could discuss on proof of non-existence og God? Or do you want people to discuss the joke?

[edit on 18-12-2007 by babloyi]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

Hmm so since the Catholics did have control of the Bible for 1500 years- are you saying it could have been altered to their liking? Giving money etc?

So next question who created us? I don't believe it was some quaky cosmic event that put us on this earth. And don't say we came from Mars either. I do believe that the RCC is corrupted. So what is the truth- I don't think anyone knows that all people can do is give their theroies.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

i made it because i saw the title and thought it was ridiculous, so i made my own version. that's what i meant by making it because i saw that thread floating around.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
There is a great book entitled GOD: The Failed Hypothesis. That breaks down every aspect of the Christian God. I provides a great argument against the existence of God.

Here is one part that I really liked.

Stenger writes,
“The anthropic argument for the existence of God can be turned
on its head to provide an argument against the existence of God. If God
created the universe with at least one major purpose being the
development of human life, then it is reasonable to expect that the
universe should be congenial to human life. Now, you might say that God
may have had other purposes besides humanity. One certainly can imagine a god for whom humanity is not very high on the agenda and who put us off in a minuscule, obscure corner of the universe. However, this is not the God of Christianity, who places great value on the human being and supposedly created us in his image. Why would God send his only son to die an agonizing death to redeem an insignificant bit of carbon? If the
universe were congenial to human life, then you would expect it to be easy for humanlike life to develop and survive throughout the universe.”

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by destroyer666

then you would expect it to be easy for humanlike life to develop and survive throughout the universe.

Is that the best he can do?
I don't see that as an argument at all, we don't know if the universe is teeming with life or not, yet. The scale is so vast and we are still so primative that we just don't know.
A bit like two fish in the sea, wondering if there is life above the waves. They will dismiss it because the environment is to hostile.

humanity is not very high on the agenda and who put us off in a minuscule, obscure corner of the universe.

I have a one pound coin stuck in an obscure corner of my pocket but all the coins on top are less valuable than that one.

It all depends from which angle you look at these things.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by jon1]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by destroyer666

Stenger writes,
“The anthropic argument for the existence of God can be turned
on its head to provide an argument against the existence of God. If God
created the universe with at least one major purpose being the
development of human life, then it is reasonable to expect that the
universe should be congenial to human life. Now, you might say that God
may have had other purposes besides humanity. One certainly can imagine a god for whom humanity is not very high on the agenda and who put us off in a minuscule, obscure corner of the universe. However, this is not the God of Christianity, who places great value on the human being and supposedly created us in his image. Why would God send his only son to die an agonizing death to redeem an insignificant bit of carbon? If the
universe were congenial to human life, then you would expect it to be easy for humanlike life to develop and survive throughout the universe.”

Well, consdering we are made of components of the Universe, who is to say the Universe isnt congenial?

Mankind, is stranded on his current Universal Body until he he takes care of his own kind, in whole, and begins to function as one body, instead of individuals striving to consume and obtain at any cost, material goods, power and fortune at the expense of his own brother.

Like everything else in the Universe, mankind is on a Journey. His continual emphasis on his own self importance at the expense of others makes him a blight to other life forms and galaxies that may otherwise be living in what we deem a utopia.

When man finally figures out that it isnt all about him, and figures out its all about all of us, both mankind and all lifeforms of the earth, then things on earth will change, and most of all, the suffering will decline.

Crime will diminish, and a better way will be forged.

As for Jesus Christ, his message serves to tell you that we are loved. That death is not the end, and that you should stop living as it is. That mankind errors, but even so, we are forgiven, and that in the end, there will be mending and life eternal...

Perhaps one day, mankind will meet his match with an outside force, who will rule us with an iron sceptor. Injustice will not be tolerated, or oppression , or any kind of negative undertaking that hurts the community or any type of hatred.

Thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven...

Seems to me, thats a pretty straight forward....

Envision heaven...and what might you think is there? Then compare that to earth.

See anything that might be missing?..

Peace

[edit on 19-12-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

When we speak of the question of God or no God, perhaps the more accurate question is Good in the world, or no Good.

Which would you rather have? Why cant we seem to achieve a universal Good amongst mankind. It always seems that no matter what the period, there is always someone upsetting the apple cart, and additionally, there are massive humanistic injustices that just seem to be allowed to continue...

Good people know what good is...but even people that are supposedly good and have the best of intentions error.

I would have to agree with you on this and add AMEN.....

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
were goin to washingtin dc to take back the whitehouse, byaaaaaaaaaaah!!

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
There really is no point argue for or against the existence of God. No matter how much science, logic, etc.. you throw at a religious person.

I once heard a good quote.

"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument."-William G. McAdoo.

Ignorance is Bliss

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by destroyer666

i prefer something i saw in a webcomic. arguing is like playing chess. you can make the right move, plan perfect strategies... but none of that matters when your opponent doesn't now how to play the game

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by destroyer666
"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument."-William G. McAdoo.

Two men argue Atomic Theory

One argues one point, while the other presents an alternate view.

One of the theories is proven to be true.

Do not both men win?

Does a scientist who derives a cure for cancer gloat at his associattes at how wrong they were? Or, does it respesent a victory, that ones mans breakthrough allowed all mankind to win.

When the Truth is shown, there should be happiness that it was brought forth. Not gloating and posturing in the asserting prowess over another.

Would it be a loving action for a Christian, in the return of the Messiah to point a finger at the Atheist and laugh saying " ha ha ha , see Im right? "
I should say no.

And would it be loving, for an Atheist to point the finger at the Christian and laugh at him and say " where is your God?...you are ignorant and lack reasoning ". This too, I should say no.

Love is Love...what is mankind but a Universal Brotherhood? We all seek the Truth, each at his own pace. Leaps and Bounds are gained by great minds that simplify that which is difficult to grasp.

When the Truth of the matter arises, all will be revealed. And when that day comes, do we not all win?

There is no winner, but the elightenment of all.

For today, let us work towards reducing injustice, hate, and inequality that is at work on Earth today.

Peace on earth, Good will toward Man this Christmas of 2007.

As is should have been, as it should be...

Think about it...

Peace

[edit on 19-12-2007 by HIFIGUY]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join