It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% proof that there is NO god!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
ok, so that's just the misleading title as there can never be a 100% answer to this question either way as far as i can tell.

i just used the title because there's a thread floating about called "100% proof of god" or some jazz like that... and it's one of the recent in a line of threads that has attempted (unsuccessfully) to prove the existence of god

so here's my argument against the existence of god: they've had thousands of years to prove the existence of A god, ANY god, but they haven't.

edit to fix mistake in title

[edit on 12/16/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
100% proof that there is NO god!

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
there can never be a 100% answer to this question

Hmm...

99% proof there is no God DOES NOT EQUAL 100% proof there is no God
99% proof there is a God DOES NOT EQUAL 100% proof there is a God

Accorinding to this, Im 100% sure YOU dont know for sure.

LOL

Peace

[edit on 16-12-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
who are "they" and prove to who?

Who's responcablity is it to PROVE OR DISPROVE God to anyone else?

I know, 100% that there is a universal father "God", and I've Proven this to myself. No one could prove it to me. No one can prove it to you. It's your responceability to believe or not.

However, there is a god. There is a judgement.

Life is the base of the spiritual journy.

Rather then denying other peoples inturpetation of "god" people should be more conserned in the understandings of the "Our Father" God for themselves else they will not be fitting to join the party after this mortal life is over. To some that's just fine. What ever floats your boat. All I know is I'm rowwing this boat ashore and asure.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

I know, 100% that there is a universal father "God", and I've Proven this to myself.

i beg to differ.

you don't KNOW 100% at all. you might have 100% faith that there is, but that is not the same as knowing...
how do you know? how did you prove this? have you seen him? talked to him?

i think you have 100% faith. that is not the same as knowing.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Deism = 100% proof of something.

Did we just pop up ?

We as in, our universe ?

If so, pretty amazing.

But (always a "but", huh?)
if there was something
greater involved....what
was it ?

God ? Aliens ?

If so, who/what created them ?

Yes, I've had this discussion in
my head.
A lot.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
talked to him?

As simple as that sounds, it took me a while to understand this having just what you said happen to me.

Its not Faith after you know. That knowing is for the reciever.

Peace

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

Originally posted by Incarnated

I know, 100% that there is a universal father "God", and I've Proven this to myself.

i beg to differ.

you don't KNOW 100% at all. you might have 100% faith that there is, but that is not the same as knowing...
how do you know? how did you prove this? have you seen him? talked to him?

you think what it is you percieve, but you don't know what I know.

I assure you in the every level of understanding I KNOW as I've said I do.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Deism = 100% proof of something.

Did we just pop up ?

We as in, our universe ?

If so, pretty amazing.

But (always a "but", huh?)
if there was something
greater involved....what
was it ?

God ? Aliens ?

If so, who/what created them ?

Yes, I've had this discussion in
my head.
A lot.

Regards,
Lex

two words to answer all those questions.

Urantia Book.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
If an ancient book written thousands of years ago, contains modern knowledge discovered only a few years ago, how would you view it which some considers as fairy tale?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Does the judeo/christian/islam god exist?
Does Zeus exist?
Does Santa Claus exist?
Does the tooth fairy exist?

These questions are all a waste of time because there is no way of proving or disproving the existence of any of these. A few recognize this and are logical agnostics, but even most of them do have some set of beliefs by faith. A strong christian and a strong atheist have equal faith, just of different things. A small child has just as powerful faith in the existence of Santa Claus.

A knowledgeable christian can offer arguments based on the bible, on his/her understanding of probability, etc. A knowledgeable atheist can also give arguments based on scientific evidence, his/her understanding of probability, etc. A child can give arguments based on the word of his/her parents, the gifts received, etc. However, all these arguments are for reasonableness; none offer or can supply a demonstration the other side can repeat to prove the original contention.

Once we recognize this we must ask - is it logical or even ethical to proselytize and try to convince others to believe as you do? (No matter which beliefs you subscribe to.) Shouldn't we let them investigate and read freely then arrive at their own beliefs?

I get really annoyed by all those TV programs of atheist televangelists and those atheists who knock at my door on Saturday mornings and try to convince me to believe as they do. I have to wonder why the religious don't catch on and do the same kind of missionary advertising.

Occam

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
God wants people to live on faith. But he did work miracles, and creat 2000 years of miracles in the church.

the girl in my sig. I myself have seen countless miracles. Not including the proof in the complexity of human creation, like I keep saying, man women perfectly made for each other, the body parts complexity.

Nothing cant do this good. I dont know how people wont give God a chance, I truly dont.

the proof will be given after death.

peace.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

I have to agree, I have seen and prayed for miracles to happen and they have.
Faith is not about just believing in the bible, it's about knowing God through our relationship with him. God will only prove himself to people who ask him into their lives with sincerity.
Can you imagine the chaos that would follow if he was proven 100%. you would have spiritual healers on every corner trying to make a fast buck. Cults would spring up all over the world as people began to manipulate the weak for their own financial gain.
Oh yes, and mims would become a Christian.

I don't think its going to happen to soon folks.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   

ok, so that's just the misleading title as there can never be a 100% answer to this question either way as far as i can tell.

There is 99.9999999999% hard proof that the Bible is not the word of God and is just a fictional book written by men whom sought power, though.

Easy to prove as well, the Bible says it is the infallible word of God, yet there are hundreds of contradictions in the book. Thus it cannot be infallible. The Bible Debunked. The End.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
God wants people to live on faith. But he did work miracles, and creat 2000 years of miracles in the church.

This is stupid! Why? Why does an omniscient and omnipotent desire anything? He's OUTSIDE of time, he already knows everything about his creation (what has happened and what will happen), and by definition such a being will not have any desires at all.

Your God is like a prankster God:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Small miracles (like sounds of birds chirping, sights of sun rising, scents of roses blooming, etc.) are part of my reality but not as sensational as reported to the general public. By these examples, ‘God’ exists 100%. ‘God’ would be that which is indescribable by mere words; that which the faith in nothing and the belief in something exists above and beyond our general five senses and current understanding of the universe as a whole.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The idea of god alone is ridiculous. How pretentious of humans to believe there is an omniscient, all loving being that exists outside our reality and who's sole purpose is to grant us, poor mortals, an eternal life of happiness in a perfect realm. If that isn't the fulfillment of selfishness and pretentiousness I don't know what is.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   

i just used the title because there's a thread floating about called "100% proof of god" or some jazz like that... and it's one of the recent in a line of threads that has attempted (unsuccessfully) to prove the existence of god

So you started this thread because there is another thread that claims to have 100% proof of god? Seems rather petty, don't you think?

Question (with no offense implied): Why do atheists deem it necessary to try so hard to defend the nonexistence of God? If God doesn't exist, it shouldn't matter.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentGem

If I wanted to read insightful posts like this Id go to somewhere else other then ATS / BTS

Peace

[edit on 17-12-2007 by HIFIGUY]

*Removed quote

[edit on 17-12-2007 by dbates]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
If I wanted to read insightful posts like this Id go to somewhere else other then ATS / BTS

Peace

I guess it is hard to realize that there isn’t even a solid definition of God and therefore it is nonsensical to claim that it exists or doesn’t exist. But being nonsensical is the essence of being a theist, isn’t it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join