It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60 Million year old kettlebottoms appear in a coal mine - Svalbard Norway

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
You simply hate God for whatever reason to the point that you can't accept an alternate view. This makes you narrow minded don't you think? You'll never get answers to question when all you'll listen to is "the one atheistic viewpoint". .

Youve got to be kidding me! Now I am ok for people to worship whatever they like but this is an insult to us. You say we are narrow minded and cant accept an alternate view yet you are the one that takes ONE book as fact and ignores ALTERNATE evidence. All you listen to is "the one Christian viewpoint". Also how did Noah travel around the world and pick up all those animals? How did he feed them? How did he garuntee they would mate?

Im not trying to turn this into a disccusion about Noah but you say you believe the Bible so please explain that to us narrow minded heathens.

Why don't you actually try to explain things in your atheistic way and not just resort to name calling.

You accuse us of name calling yet you hurl the word atheist at our feet as though we should be ashamed.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by Matt Kilby]

[edit on 2-1-2008 by Matt Kilby]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

So to answer your question, tree rings in 60 million year old coal doesn't really impress me much.

Really? Ok. I just want to say that they impress the hell out of me. That we can find a "time-capsule" from 60 000 000 years ago and look at it. Okay, it's no longer the same chemical composition it was 60 000 000 years ago, but, then, neither is last night's dinner...But it's a heck of a lot better looking.

I guess I'm kind of weird, but quite a lot of nature impresses me much. Watching ants dig a nest. Watching a snake eat a frog. Watching an eagle hunt. Watching kangaroos cross creeks. Watching rhesus monkeys running along power lines. Looking at rocks worn down by rivers. Lava turned into "organ pipes". Skeletons turned into opal. Trees into coal...

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matt Kilby
reply to post by tep200377

You people need to open your mind! The Jews buried them on one of their many trips to Norway. Only when you embrace the holy spirit will you see that ignorance is bliss.

Svalbard is 81' North. The coal is from belov the equator. That means .. when the tree was alive, it was belov the equator, then the tectonic plates moved uppwards to the north. In other words, norway did not excist 60 milll years ago ..

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tep200377

Oh... ok

I wasn't really thinking to hard about it was just meant to be a throw away comment

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluess
I seriously don't hope anyone on ATS thinks that earth is only 5000 years old....

And very good pictures, it sure does look like a tree... But how did they determin it to be 60 million yesrs old?

Unfortunately there are a lot of uneducated people who believe the earth is 5000-6000 years old. They refuse to accept overwhelming evidence that PROVES the contrary. There are quite a few on ATS and they will show up on this thread to push their psuedosicence of creationism.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
How about this for a fantastic idea?

There was a big bang that threw out matter and anti matter far and wide. After many, many years a little bit of this matter formed the Earth and the rest is history has they say.

Now the question is why did the big bang occur and what was there before it? We know it did occur, turn on your TV and tune into the ‘snow’.

But you can’t say that there was nothing before it. Nothing comes from nothing. Every fibre in my body tells me that cause and effect applies to everything I do, whether that is praising a friend or driving a car. Everything is cause and effect.

So if the Big Bang was the effect, what was the cause?

Now personally I don’t believe any of ‘our’ Gods did it. To me religion is an extension of politics in far too many cases. I don’t believe Allah did it and while I’m sure Jesus lived, I don’t buy the God connection. Hey it’s my prerogative and I don’t wish to offend.

But that leaves me in something of a quandary. I don’t believe in man made gods, but I don’t know why the Big Bang occurred. And if the universe is expanding what’s it expanding into?

It’s the ultimate question because in reality nobody can answer it.

But coming back to earth I do believe that we evolved from primates, our DNA and behaviour are too similar for that to be chance.

Heck I’m sat here scratching my arse and rubbing the face hair I need to shave off, and maybe later I might rub my proboscis in front of a member of the fairer sex. And I like bananas.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join