It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These organisations Need to be Closed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Ok before i begin this i will have to preempt any accusations of racism.

I don't care if you are black, white, asian, oriental, hispanic etc. One of my best friends is black and agrees with what i am saying here. The reason i am even posting this is because of a long chat in a pub with him.

I'm slightly saddened that i had to preempt this with that but i just could see the accusations of being a racist coming. It's the first area a lot of people go to.

I am truly sick to death of organisations demanding rights for black people, hispanic people, asian people etc. The reason i'm sick of them is that you cannot have a white rights group and to me this is the ultimate hypocrisy. If tomorrow i started a white rights group i would be labelled a nazi and probably arrested.

Either you can have all of these organisations including white rights ones or you can't have any of them. In my view i think we shouldn't have any of these organisations, all they do is cause trouble and segregate people. The fastest way to seperate people instead of helping them integrate is by use of these organisations.

To all those racists reading this and thinking i'm one of you, take a flying jump off a tall cliff and do your best to land on your head. I am not on your side, i do not agree with you and i truly wish you didn't exist.

I would be happy to hear what other people think so go ahead.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

no, it isn't idiocy, it's just a lack of human rights violations targeted at white people because of their skin color.

people aren't pulled over for "driving while white" but "driving while black" will get you pulled over and your car searched
so will "driving while hispanic" in some areas.

people aren't denied jobs because they're white, they don't have difficulty catching a cab because their white.

this is why you'd be labeled as a nazi, because that's the only reason you'd want to start a "white's rights" group.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'm sorry but if you can havea black rights group you should be able to have a whites rights group. Otherwise it's complete hypocrisy.

Oh and i don't want a whites rights group ust ot be clear, i want NO groups like this at all

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Oh, you're completely able to have a white rights group. It would just be really, really redundant and without purpose. Whites in America are already fully empowered and do not suffer nearly as much racist stigma as any other given group in the country. What exactly would such an organization be striving for? "Hey, ho, status quo" isn't much of a rallying cry.

By stating you don't want any groups like this, well, you're pretty much saying you believe that the people who ARE disadvantaged because of their race should have no advocates to bring them up to standards you - as a white person - enjoy and take for granted.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by The Walking Fox]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Walking Fox

By stating you don't want any groups like this, well, you're pretty much saying you believe that the people who ARE disadvantaged because of their race should have no advocates to bring them up to standards you - as a white person - enjoy and take for granted.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by The Walking Fox]

Erm no i am in no way saying that, i am saying that the groups are redundant. If you are mistreated because of your race you get a lawyer and go to court, you don't need the group.

As for me being white, well what about my black friend who started the discussion with me and agreed with what i have said?

These groups just foster seperation and inequality. They fight for equality but because of their allegiances they just end up wanting favoritism to their own group of people. The worst part for me is you say you are treated badly? Well we cannot have a whites rights group becuase we would be called nazis, yet you can have black rights, hispanic rights etc. To me this says that you actually have more rights than white people.

The point of this thread was about the groups but sadly it seems to be descending into a simple race row. Maybe things are very different in america compared to the UK.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

i understand this, but you don't understand what i'm saying.

there's no REASON to have a whites' rights group unless you're trying to ask for special privileges, as whites have not had their rights infringed upon as a result of their whiteness

on the other hand, there's actually a reason for groups that support the rights of minorities.

do you see what i'm getting at?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Erm no i am in no way saying that, i am saying that the groups are redundant. If you are mistreated because of your race you get a lawyer and go to court, you don't need the group.

And if a lawyer won't take your case due to your race, or not wanting to get involved in "that sort of thing" as was the case before these organizations developed, and is in fact the catalyst for them existing in the first place?

As for me being white, well what about my black friend who started the discussion with me and agreed with what i have said?

Everyone has an opinion. Nothing says that opinion has to be factually correct.

These groups just foster seperation and inequality. They fight for equality but because of their allegiances they just end up wanting favoritism to their own group of people. The worst part for me is you say you are treated badly? Well we cannot have a whites rights group becuase we would be called nazis, yet you can have black rights, hispanic rights etc. To me this says that you actually have more rights than white people.

As I said, whites in America have full access to their rights, and suffer little discrimination. There is thus no need for a white version of the NAACP, for example - the NAACP is trying to help blacks catch up to the standards already enjoyed by whites. Other organizations are doing the same.

And to be honest, "white rights" groups exist and are pretty plentiful. Unfortunately, they are, as far as I know, all racist organizations. Why? Well, as I've said repeatedly, white people already enjoy full access to their rights, and little discrimination. Therefore a "white advancement" group doesn't have much to do - except create the illusion of such advancement through advocating hampering the rights of other people.

The point of this thread was about the groups but sadly it seems to be descending into a simple race row. Maybe things are very different in america compared to the UK.

The point of this thread would in fact seem to be that you didn't expect people to disagree with you.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

The point of this thread would in fact seem to be that you didn't expect people to disagree with you.

Actually i just don't want it to descend into a row simply over race. Maybe best it gets deleted.

Oh and i've been descriminated aginst for being white, only the other day someone called me a cracker when i was just walking down the street. This seems to be acceptable in society though.

I'm sure minorities get more descrimination but don't make the rather rediculous blanket view that white people don't get descriminated against.

(bb code)

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
When you bring up a topic like, you know, demanding the closure of organizations dedicated to the enfranchisement of people who are generally underprivileged due to race, ethnicity, or religion, and your main argument defending this position seems to be "white people don't have any, it's not fair" you really have to kind of expect that any replies to such a statement are going to involve race. Savvy?

Someone called you a cracker. Alright. I can see how that could be upsetting. Do you think that this compares well with the current plights of the people these advocacy groups speak for? I'll be honest man, if the only problems being faced were mean names, I'd agree that we don't need these sort of groups.

Here's some things you probably won't encounter.

- Receiving an official letter from the local office of a political party explaining that your (largely white) community will be voting on a different day from the rest of the town in order to keep lines from getting too long.
- Being pulled over for driving a good car and being white at the same time.
- Having the hell beat out of you by that cop who just pulled you over because you rolled down the window and asked him "What seems to be the problem officer?"
- Having your place of business trashed and then getting shot in the face because some drunk yahoos mistook your John Deere hat for a declaration of a religion they dislike
- Seeing a movie about white people where hte entire cast is Chinese

(On that last one, we natives are still recovering from that whole "genocide" prank that someone pulled on us a while back, so, we realize there's probably not enough actual native actors to fill ALL the slots of "indian #4 that gets shot by hte white guy" in the movies. No hard feelings)

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Someone called you a cracker. Alright. I can see how that could be upsetting. Do you think that this compares well with the current plights of the people these advocacy groups speak for? I'll be honest man, if the only problems being faced were mean names, I'd agree that we don't need these sort of groups.

Actaully i didn't care abut the name calling just saying it seems acceptable for a white persn to be called names, which is odd. I have actaully been violently assaulted for being white, so i do know what it's like.

Here's some things you probably won't encounter.

- Receiving an official letter from the local office of a political party explaining that your (largely white) community will be voting on a different day from the rest of the town in order to keep lines from getting too long.
- Being pulled over for driving a good car and being white at the same time.
- Having the hell beat out of you by that cop who just pulled you over because you rolled down the window and asked him "What seems to be the problem officer?"
- Having your place of business trashed and then getting shot in the face because some drunk yahoos mistook your John Deere hat for a declaration of a religion they dislike
- Seeing a movie about white people where hte entire cast is Chinese

The voting one is tricky, but hey it might save lines although i have never seen that happen in this country.

I've been pulled over a lot, i look quite young but you know what? I just smile, hand over my license and get on with my day. I don't even bother making an issue of it, hmm maybe i should claim predudice for looking young? Have i been beaten? Nope but those incidents are also rare in this country.

If you get your business trahed or you are shot then the police are needed not a ethnic rights organisation. Any lawyer would happily take on that case. Isn't this what the ACLU are for? Or other non profit legal representatives who take cases regardless of race.

America sounds awful with that level of racism, i mean i knew it was bad but that's extreme. Or maybe it's a few cases being highlighted and blown up, actually yes that soudns very possible. I know there are some terrible cases, i have read the stories and seen the videos. You don't need a rights organisation for that, just a half decent lawyer. Saying it's hard to find one to take the case is silly as well.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Because the racist terms for white person don't mean anything. They have no significance. When you say "cracker", you might as well just say "white" because it has the same sort of impact. Cracker, or honkey, does not have the added weight of "My people abducted your ancestors, sold them like meat at a supermarket, bred them like cattle for free labor, raped your grandmothers and hung them from trees when they questioned this arrangement" that the word "'n-word'" does. This is also why it's considered acceptable (in some circles anyway) for blacks to use the word to refer to themselves, yet unacceptable for a white to do the same. Unfair? Not really, there are lots of perjorative words that have additional meaning depending on the speaker and tone used.

"Isn't that what the ACLU is for?" you ask? Well, bud, the ACLU is one of the groups you think should be shut down since their main focus is - inevitably - minority groups.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I think this issue stems from the fact that we all came out of the feudal political system... we inherited bad habits or practices to begin with.

Historically the minority got trampled and they are still angry...

Consequently, we now have a contemporary mentality of: "I am not being dispossessed/ disregarded again just because I am a minority (I don't have a big enough army or big guns, but I have a voice and I know the system)

I will form my own little group and make some noise and let everyone know that I am a minority and proud of it!!

It is in part due to the contra-acculturation process... a lot of the minority groups who were shafted big time (thanks to democracy) now reclaim what was lost and they, I feel want everyone to respect that.

There is nothing wrong with it.

One day, you might find yourself a minority and get shafted and then later on down the track, find some room in which to operate in and bang your drum....

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
We caucasians don't need any organizations to help make us equal to the dominant majority because we ARE the dominant majority. It would be redundant. I can honestly only think of one instance in my life when I felt I was being treated unfairly because of my race. For my gender, yes, and I have belonged to some feminist organizations, even when I didn't agree with every member on every issue. Now I bet you'll ask why white men can't have their own organizations, and my answer is you can but, again, it would be redundant. What institutions in America or the UK are closed to you because you're a white man?

Some people bring up "Black History Month" in the U.S. as an instance of discrimination. "Why is there no White History Month?" they want to know. My answer is the other 11 months are white history months. White history is the norm, it's not considered the exception.

Don't be jealous because there are some "clubs" you can't join. You're in the biggest club of all.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Sarcasm ON...Of course these groups need to exist, these poor simple minded people can't take care of, or think for themselves. They need the ACLU or NAACP to do all the thinking for them. Please don't let these individuals know that if they take care of themselves, they won't need these groups. Sarcasm OFF

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Sarcasm ON...Of course these groups need to exist, these poor simple minded people can't take care of, or think for themselves. They need the ACLU or NAACP to do all the thinking for them. Please don't let these individuals know that if they take care of themselves, they won't need these groups. Sarcasm OFF

You're kind of clueless about the services that the ACLU and NAACP provide, aren't you? Are you even aware of why said services need to be provided? Here's a hint - you're part of the reason. "sarcasm" my ass.

new topics

top topics

join