It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Randi Rhodes Slams 'Unbelievably White' Oprah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Air America Radio host Randi Rhodes blasted Oprah Winfrey for acting while she is stumping for Barack Obama:

Air America radio host Randi Rhodes unleashed a torrent of what's being called "liberal racism" and accused Oprah Winfrey of "acting" when she stumped for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

On her show last week, Rhodes discussed Oprah's appearances on Obama's behalf, and told listeners: "She was blacker than Obama yesterday . . . Let me tell you something. Everyone who watches Oprah are the whitest people in the world . . . Even the black men who watch Oprah are white women while they watch Oprah . . .

"She's like so unbelievably white . . . Why is she turning up the blackness a notch or two or three for these appearances?"

news.newsmax.com:80...

Wow! If a conservative radio host were to make similar comments, you can be sure they would be drummed off the air! Where is all the protest against Rhodes?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This is typical of the left.

The left is always screaming about the hypocrisy of the religious, but seem oblivious to their own.

Straining at gnats and swallowing camels.

quod.lib.umich.edu...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Why are we surprised? Blatant hypocrisy is what so very many of the loudest are all about, though they'll, of course, claim otherwise...

One question... Where are all the threads demanding his removal? Hmmm?

Is this more or less offensive for having been said by an avowed liberal such as Randi Rhodes? Now if Sean Hannity had something even remotely like this, not that he has, he'd have been yanked willy nilly off of the air.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
One question... Where are all the threads demanding his removal? Hmmm?

Simple answer, the 4 listeners she has wouldn't dream of causing a fuss.

Or, it's because since Jesse Jackson said Obama has been "acting like he's white", he really can't go after Rhodes without going after himself. Then we get into this whole "I can say that because I'm black" nonsense and the end result is greater voluntary segregation.

If it's one thing I've learned in this life is that people like Rhodes and Jackson don't want black and white to get along. They and people like them have been using "newspeak" racism to keep them more segregated and divided taking us all back to slavery days.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson had a white hood in his closet and he and Rhodes have been at a few cross-burnings and not even known how close they were standing next to each other.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
That's about what I figured.

Many of the liberals have hitched their wagons to Ms. Clinton and her machine. Do they dare get off for fear of becoming an enemy of Bill and Hillary, rather than "freind of"? I venture to guess that this is what we're seeing in many cases...not all mind you, but many.

new topics

top topics

join