It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"sky critters" video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I remember a video about videoing in Infrared mode on an ordinary video camera "sky critters. Creatures or alien spacecraft that cannot normally be seen with the naked eye. I've been looking for the video so that I can learn how to do this myself, but so far I've had no luck in locating it. If anyone could help and provide a link to the video I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
sounds a lot like rods. There is a thread on the subject right now.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I appreciate the response, but sorry it wasn't rods. These are creatures and ships that are pretty much in plane sight, but not visible to plain sight. They can only be seen on a IR bandwidth. I remember the name "critters" was in the video title, but there's thousands of those types of videos. All help is appreciated!

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by shutterbug2619

Hi, shutterbug2619: may i ask a description of the shape of the object filmed?
Is it possible that you mean the
NASA STS-75 Tether Incident UFO
video.google.it...
or something like this?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It's very similar to the "critters" in the teather incident. All the pics taken in the video I'm looking for are taken from ground level. Some very large, (hundreds of yards across) to much smaller. (now I really wish I had bookmarked that video)

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I made a thread on Space Serpents a long time ago. They may be what you are looking for.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

It seems that he's looking for something invisible to the naked eye, but visible just with infrared

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hello, I think I might know what he is talking about.I believe the old sightings program did a pirce on them.Aren't they suppose to be in the sky near where the sun is so we can't see them directly but we can see them in the corners of of eyes or something like that.I guess thats how they hide in plane sight.There was a web page about them along time ago somwhere.I will look for it.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I am still looking for that web sight.I hate it when i know its out there but can't find it.But I did find this site that has sky critters on it.It may be helpful.
www.ufoarea.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Othello!!!, You tha man!! That's the video. Thank you!!
Now lets see what I can capture and post (with a little luck)

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Nice job, othello!

That video really whet my appetite, now where's the rest of it?

That one looks like a long trailer, very interesting though.

Starred!

And a flag for the op, shutterbug2619!

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
that's the beginning of jose' THE GREATEST STORY EVER DENIED movie, for interests/references sake.
please post what you find for us all

cheers!

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by othello

The phenomenon you are referring to othello is known as "Sundogs" phenomenon.The method behind the experiment which anyone can do is to use an object (the roof of a house works well)to block out the sun completely but so that the edge of the roof is right at the edge of the
sun's corona.Then throw on some shades sit back wait for your eyes to adjust(takes a few seconds) and you will see what appear to your eye to be objects jetting across the sky near the sun in all directions spinning or not.Thay look like little boomerangs.This however is only an optical illusion that i believe is created by the brightness of the sun itself.In actuality what you are seeing are dust particles MUCH closer and MUCH smaller than we think.Hey guys we need to start using our common sense on the other stuff though,a minimal amount of honest research over the years has taught me that a few of the phenomenonj you guys still tout as evidence are misinterpretations of natural phenomenon.For example,Rods.
Researcher Jose Escamilla has made a study of this
phenomenon, and has a web site called "Roswell Rods" or similar.
I have looked into this as well, and found a good study and explanation by
Amy Herbert or Hebert, but I don't have the site handy.
The "rods" look somewhat like "cuttlefish" with a rippling fin along each
side, which is what appears most prominent in digital photos and videos of
the phenomenon.
It is my belief, based on numerous studies and Amy's work, that these are
artifacts of digital video technology. This is primarily due to the
following...
"Rods" were first noticed after the advent of digital videography, and
further after the wide popularity and availability of digital video
recording equipment.
I have not seen an example of "rods" recorded on typical emulsion-type
film...only on video.
Video and the technology used to produce it allows moving objects to "smear"
as in film, but in a different manner. On film, a moving object smears as a
function oif moevment while the camera shutter is open, which presents a
"blur". In video, the "smearing" is due to a stroboscopic activation and
deactivation of the camera sensor, which results in a series of exposures in
a single frame. What results is that in the case of a flying insect between
the camera and the distance, the insectssa wings are imaged several times
during a single "frame". Also, the insects' body is imaged several times in
the same frame as well. In combination, this gives the appearance of an
elongated body with a "rippling" wing structure.
What Amy Hebert did was to go to a location...a Walmart store as I
recall...late at night. She drove to a light standard in the parking lot.
Buzzing around the light fixture at the top of the standard was a cloud of
insects...perfectly visible in the light. She took several exposures with a
digital camera...which uses the same imaging technology used in video
cameras...and the resulting photograph revealed dozens of "rod-like"
entities, and very few which could be readily identified as insects. This
showed that the insects...clearly visible to the naked eye...were being
imaged as "rods".What would be very interesting in further supporting the "video artifact
theory" would be to have a film camera and a video camera mounted togetherand pointing at the same area. If a "rod" appeared on the video but not onfilm, this would prove that the "rod" is an artifact, since it is impossible
for a life form to alter its appearance based solely on the mechanism used
to record it.As far as I'm aware, this has not been done to date.At this point, I remain convinced that "rods" are an artifact of the digital
video recording technology. I am always however ready to hear an opposing
viewpoint, and to review additional evidence to the contrary.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonathanNicholas
The phenomenon you are referring to othello is known as "Sundogs" phenomenon.The method behind the experiment which anyone can do is to use an object (the roof of a house works well)to block out the sun completely but so that the edge of the roof is right at the edge of the
sun's corona.

No he is looking for 'critters'... take a military grade IR night vision scope and just look up on any clear night (avoid the moon) you will see them...

They also hang around thunderstorms

But I guess the OP is gone since this thread was 2007

[edit on 3-9-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by shutterbug2619

Trevor James Constable is a disciple of orgone energy advocate Wilhelm Reich.Constable has pushed the theory that UFOs are bizarre living (and not necessarily intelligent) creatures which inhabit the upper atmosphere and evidently outer space as well (in such books as The Cosmic Pulse of Life, Steinerbooks, 1976). Usually the "critters" (as Constable prefers to call them) are invisible and can only be captured on infra-red film.Well for those of you who don't know what Orgone energy is,look it up,then tell me this guy aint at the very least ,"ahem"eccentric.He also believes in chemtrails.Dont get me wrong "the greatest story never told" looks like an awesome documentary.But dont we have to ask ourselves- if setting a camera to nightshot and then converteing to shoot in broad daylight is ALL someone had to do to catch ufos in action,you're telling me that of all the ufologists,hobbyists and just plain curious ufo buffs like us-NO ONE has attemted this simple camera conversion just to try it out?And if they have tried it and it actually worked,where are all the youtube clips and documentation,i would think that by now there would be literally hundreds of thousands of hours recorded by thousands of people proving this technique works.No one has done it?I'm not saying that isnt a possibility,just that we need to ask the question.Maybe Trevor James Constable did stumble upon something,he seems intelligent and sincere,but then where are all of HIS thousands of hours of footage?He did say he was going to share it with the world didnt he?Escamilla said it as well.Well where is it Jose,and why hasn't the reality of the ufo phenomenon been definitively proven?By the way I happen to be a believer,I just want to find the proof without kidding myself.I am certain you guys feel the same.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonathanNicholas
if setting a camera to nightshot and then converteing to shoot in broad daylight is ALL someone had to do to catch ufos in action,you're telling me that of all the ufologists,hobbyists and just plain curious ufo buffs like us-NO ONE has attemted this simple camera conversion just to try it out?

Well I wouldn't say NO ONE At the Bay Area UFO conference they set up several night vision stations for critter watching

Problem is the UFO community is so sure they are Alien spaceships they are not willing to consider they might be a plasma based lifeform. My estimate is 80% critter, 15% our craft especially the triangles with running lights and 5% 'visitor'

Well where is it Jose,and why hasn't the reality of the ufo phenomenon been definitively proven?

Jose was here on ATS... he was 'had' by Gridkeeper and it ended badly. He was offered a spot on History channel to present his case... they ran the show and turned it against him...

Nothing will be proven because no one wants the truth... and 'critters' don't leave bodies to find

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Here is one of those 'bits of dust' from the tether incident on the NASA Mission Control screen

Here it is a little closer

Here it is 2 seconds later

NASA is fully aware of them... in STS 80 the camera man even zooms in on one that has moved almost off screen

But all this was covered in the other thread... I only poped in because you bumped a year old thread

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I did my own research into this and all I could muster was a bunch of ferretts singing 'we will rock you' by queen.

thats youtube for you!

:-)

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JonathanNicholas

I am the Canadian President of The Borderlands Network, LLC. We founded this Network as tbln.com and dedicated it to Trevor James Constable.(go to tbln.com- The Borderlands Network and read all about this) My post is to say that you are way "off" on TJ Constable and that is because you do not know him, have never spoke to him, nor even seen him, although he is one of the oldest and longest researchers of Infrared UFOs, the free energy that powers UFOs and the control of the weather. His books are classics, and The Cosmic Pulse of Life is being re-released this Christmas and will include a whole new section on the NASA "tether UFOs". He and I talk to each other all the time,as well as work together. I know Trever James Constable, and you are no TJC expert if all you have is ..what you think you know, and not...what you know"..Cheers - Martyn Stubbs

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join