It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi oil exceeds pre-war output

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Iraqi oil exceeds pre-war output

news.bbc.co.uk

Iraqi oil production is above the levels seen before the US-led invasion of the country in 2003, according to the International Energy Agency (IEA).

The IEA said Iraqi crude production is now running at 2.3 million barrels per day, compared with 1.9 million barrels at the start of this year.

It puts the rise down to the improving security situation in Iraq, especially in the north of the country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
What they may actually mean to say is that Iraq had more oil than was previously believed and Iraq had perfectly managed their sales of oil to other countries ensuring Iraq could sustain a wealth for a substantial future.

Now the oil is in 'other hands' they're bleeding the wells dry as fast as possible.

Maybe someone can get hold of the amount of barrels a day Iraq was pushing out before the US led invasion began.

They talk of possible attacks on the pipe line and how troops have protected it and how well the markets are holding up, but they fail to make any comparisons between the then and now.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I don't know if this site is a good source, but it was the first I could find.

They have a page with many graphs about the price and production levels, but I suppose the one you want is this one.

apc

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If that graph is accurate that's very interesting.

Besides the contradiction, note how long it took for Iraq to reach previous levels from near zero output. Particularly after Desert Storm. Then after Iraqi Freedom began it's like, "War? What war?"

Also the volatility in the years preceding the invasion. What's that about?

[edit on 16-12-2007 by apc]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This may be crude but I couldn't help it...

This title came to mind.
"Crude output proves US Contractors suck better."

I chuckled, maybe someone else might.

I'm inclined to agree with Extralien. If Iraq wanted to push their wells to produce more, they would have, it's pretty simple to place a few more derricks and increase your output... but that would bleed the ground dry and ensure the country has no future in oil.

But, when it's not your country your bleeding dry... no worries then eh?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

let's see... when Saddam was running the oil production,
none of those production figures were accurate as he and several major
European & NATO countries were involved in the Oil-for-Food program..
which was circumvented with under the table deals between Saddams'
Baathists and the various european nations involved with the blackmarket
in Iraqi oil.

the administration, or the neocons, or the elites of bildergergs' are causing the media to chuck out this oil accounting bill of goods, for the gullible public to lap up.

same-old-same-old -->> 'Garbage In- - Garbage Out"

glad i'm on this side (Edit to ADD) ... of the looking glass

[edit on 16-12-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
OK, let see, from what I can assume our own government statistics as late as Nov. 2007 it seems that Iraq was not selling oil to anybody. . . and was running under expected production due to many factors.

This link is from US Energy Information Administration

tonto.eia.doe.gov...

looks like Finlay the controlled northern areas of Iraq by the Kurdish are the ones managing production of oil, the country that will benefit from that oil, is the deals that they have already with Turkey.

Now, perhaps the article is a littler bit misleading as it seems to only include one area of Iraq for their analysis.

Correct me if I am wrong please.

new topics

top topics

join