It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel: U.S. Iran Report May Cause War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I believe this a plan between Israel and its biggest supporter in Whashington Vice president Cheney.

So far Cheney have not been able to finish he middle eastern war of spreading the efforts to included Iran.

Bush has no been very cooperative.

Cheney blasts Iraq war critics, renews Israel support

www.earthtimes.org...

I truly believe that Cheney have something in the planning with Israel to expand the war into Iran.

At the expenses of more young Americans blood.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
We have been fighting Isreal's wars for to long. Alot of these arabs over there dislike us because of our friendship with Isreal. Ive said this a million times Ill say it again. Iran hasnt invaded another country in hundreds of years. The Iraq/Iran war was started by Iraq (and funded by us). Iran I do believe they are going for nuclear weapons and this is not a good thing. But I think that Iran very well knows that if a nuke hits us with an Iranian postage stamp on it that we would turn the place into a parking lot. If Isreal wants war with Iran let them fight it. Frankly I dont want to fight another country unless it invades our country.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

its a full-on ACBG they have with ASW and fleet air def (total 11 ships) - and the SU-33 is more than a match for the super bug.

The Strike Group is made up of the USS Harry S. Truman, Carrier Strike Group, Carrier Air Wing 3, Destroyer Squadron, USS Hue City, USS San Jacinto, USS Oscar Austin, USS Carney, USS Winston S. Churchill, USNS Arctic, USS Montpelier, Canadian HMCS Charlottetown, and British HMS Manchester.

Thats the USN ships in the strike group

but

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is a well informed post of the reason why the russian forces are there.

edit:

that carrier strike group is a really wierd make up - 2 tico`s , 3 arleigh burkes and 1 688 - theres nearly no asw support there at all - the candian ship has the asw capability and the brit ship is another air defence type (type 42 destroyer).

2 subs would tear the entire ACBG to pieces.

[edit on 17/12/07 by Harlequin]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I don;t know why Israel thinks WW3 will help their cause.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

Originally posted by justanothergangster
from what i understand the russians have a carrier fleet in the Mediterranean.

That carrier is no threat to Israel. It is a hulking piece of crap, a floating target. It is nothing more than a pawn, completely expendable.

The only thing that carrier can do is ensure that Russia's presence be known, because the US knows that if we get into a fight with that carrier we go to war Russia, and eventually get nuked.

No, that carrier was built with the US in mind and the US only.

You fail to realize that no one country in their right mind would ever fire a nuke right? the consequences of such action would be highly dangerous and stupid. It'd be nothing more than committing suicide.

Isreal probably is going to attack Iran but, it will be brief like the battles they had with lebanon. Although the success of such action could be very very bad for everyone involved.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
that carrier strike group is a really wierd make up - 2 tico`s , 3 arleigh burkes and 1 688 - theres nearly no asw support there at all - the candian ship has the asw capability and the brit ship is another air defence type (type 42 destroyer).

2 subs would tear the entire ACBG to pieces.

The US surface ASW assets have long been exposed as horribly insuficcient , if not as completely absent as mine clearing assets, and in times of crisis the US calls on British, Canadian or European allies for that task. Why this is so i do not know given the fact that the USSR operated so many hundreds of submarines but a fact it is and i suppose if you wish to lose a naval war against your main rival this is the best way to go about setting it up.
It's Pearl Harbor all over again but this time the enemy will be able to do more than just play for time.

Stellar

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Dichter didn't elaborate on the potential scenario but seemed to imply that a world that let its guard down regarding Iran would be more vulnerable to attack by the Islamic regime.

He doesn't elaborate on how this report would start a war in the region, so we are supposed to accept this leap in logic just because he says so?

I have never seen such blatant propaganda and fear mongering as this, at least since GB talked about WW3. How exactly is this report going to start a war?

This is all a self fulfilling prophecy. If you continuously threaten someone, they feel they have to do what they can to defend themselves and become the real threat that they are accused of being. Then you will have war.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Russia has delivered the first shipment of nuclear fuel to Iran's Bushehr atomic power station....Iran confirmed the first batch of about 80 tons of uranium fuel rods had been delivered....Russian officials said the final shipment of fuel would arrive in February next year, allowing the plant to start operating six months later.

REUTERS/YAHOO.

This is the deal to watch - loaded uranium at Bushehr takes it off the target list - no?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
All this talk about wether Iran has/ planned to have/ plans to have a nuclear weapon is all redundant really, it's just plausible cause they want for an attack on Iran no matter what excuse they find. It is an Iran with nuclear power energy that they fear more than an Iran with a nuclear bomb anyway. They don't want nations like this progressing to an industrial level where the effects of sanctions are minimised. They want poor dependant nations where they (US) have an economic and political leverage to enact their regime changes and coups.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

my opinion is that the present jewish government is just as honest as the present american and british governments-------we live in a corrupt world full of nutcase enemy governments----------how do our governments deal with these crazie ones honestly when our leaders refuse to rely on a Higher power?------all you and i see is liars dealing with liars and we can only hope that the Higher power likes our liars better than the enemy liars.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Iran already has missiles that can reach Israel, but it hasn't fired them yet because Israel is capable of massive retaliation, as are we. Iran is more likely to use nuclear weapons against Israel than against the U.S. if they develop them, so naturally Israel wants to call on its allies for support. A bigger worry for both countries would be if an extremist group were to get and use nuclear weapons. I doubt that this incident will seriously damage U.S.-Israeli relations.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Israel is us intelligence in the area

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gun Totin Gerbil
All this talk about wether Iran has/ planned to have/ plans to have a nuclear weapon is all redundant really, it's just plausible cause they want for an attack on Iran no matter what excuse they find. It is an Iran with nuclear power energy that they fear more than an Iran with a nuclear bomb anyway. They don't want nations like this progressing to an industrial level where the effects of sanctions are minimised. They want poor dependant nations where they (US) have an economic and political leverage to enact their regime changes and coups.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

Good Point! Bigots that's what THEY are, as soon as they see countries coming out of the big hole they were at, they try to put them back down because they don't want any other countries to be as powerful as they are, and hence the plausible causes they try to find to attack them and bring them to the ground, or bend them to do their will, cheap labor, have their paid puppets in office, drug cartels, marihuana fields, protitution anything they want you name it. Iran is on the resistance, as chavez is, only chavez excuse for doing what he's doing is because he doens't want Venezuelas oil going to what he calls the US Empire, the guy has no idea the oil is not the only thing they want.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
If Israel were to attack Iran this development would suggest that they should do it sooner rather than later

www.payvand.com...

That is of course if they have the fortitude to do that. Everyone need to remember the debacle against Hezbollah of 2 years ago.

Iran has a better military and is gearing up with more Russian equipment.

Personally I don't think it will happen and Israel would have just to accept living in a region were they won't be the only calling the shots, and as U.S. Influence diminish around the world so Israel influence too. Nothing bad IMO giving both countries records at trying to bring peace to the region.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
If Israel were to attack Iran this development would suggest that they should do it sooner rather than later

www.payvand.com...

That is of course if they have the fortitude to do that. Everyone need to remember the debacle against Hezbollah of 2 years ago.

Iran has a better military and is gearing up with more Russian equipment.

Personally I don't think it will happen and Israel would have just to accept living in a region were they won't be the only calling the shots, and as U.S. Influence diminish around the world so Israel influence too. Nothing bad IMO giving both countries records at trying to bring peace to the region.

Those Tupelov aircraft are passenger aircraft. Sanctions prevent them from buying from Boeing or from Airbus.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Israel: U.S. Iran Report May Cause War

www.foxnews.com

JERUSALEM — Israel's public security minister warned Saturday that a U.S. intelligence report that said Iran is no longer developing nuclear arms could lead to a regional war that would threaten the Jewish state.

In his remarks — Israel's harshest criticism yet of the U.S. report — Avi Dichter said the assessment also cast doubt on American intelligence in general, including information about Palestinian security forces' crackdown on militant groups.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Maybe Israel knows that rogue elements in the US intelligence community wrote the NIE.

Did it really take 4+ years for the US intelligence community to figure out that Iran stopped their nuclear arms program?

Iran's President didn't start talking about wiping Israel off the map until after the time the NIE says they stopped their nuclear program. Who should we believe about Iran's intentions?

Is the Iranian leadership dumber than Saddam?

If Iran really ended their program 4+ years ago, why didn't they invite inspectors in?

The fact that they didn't invite inspectors in, tells me that they restarted their program (if they ever actually suspended it).

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I have to agree with you on this one. I have seen so much disinformation from so many sources lately that I can't believe this whole NIE report isn't just another trick. It is just too weird - there has got to be way more to the story than what we know.

I have said before in other posts that I think President Bush knows something really big that he is not telling. Something that is going to either change the status quo in the Middle East, or overshadow it. Israel is most likely "in" on the big secret and playing along like a good little soldier.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

The inspectors have visited all the sites they wanted to and are satisified with the programme - the working plan is nearly complete and the reactor is fueled - it will go hot early next year.

will Israel bomb a working nuclear reactor? qyite possibly as , tbh , they don`t give a damn about anyone else - including the USA , except themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join