It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kind of taking a poll here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I think this poll is topic related and is vital to my research on the letter "G" so please be honest and direct with your responses. Thank you

How do you view Jesus Christ?

A. Saviour(God on a misson)

B. Revealer(teacher of knowlege)

I say A. Saviour

[edit on 16-12-2007 by spirit7]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

Possibly both - I certainly hope so (although I am not sure that there is REALLY a consensus about the meaning of the word "saviour") - but most certainly a revealer.

Which, to me, actually equals "saviour"...

P.S. Why is this under "Secret Societies"?

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I edited my post. Hopefully that will reveal more to you.

A teacher of knowlege can also be referred to as merely a prophet.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

Thank you, Spirit.
But my answer remains the same - although I don't consider "gnostic" to be necessarily distinct from "holy" (because of my perception of the term 'holy').

I do consider Jesus holy - and a revealer.
And since his revelations are REAL revelations... that makes him a "saviour" in my eyes.

(I am a semantics freak - I know...
)

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
What on God's green earth does this have to do with either

A. Secret Societies
B. The Letter "G"

Sorry- I'm missing the point.

Plus you are assuming the Masonic letter "G" stands for God where it could also stand for Geometry or Gnostic for that matter.

Please clarify for me Spirt7

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I would have to say, A....even independent of God...

I myself as a non-denominational Christian consider Christ my Brother as teacher and Saviour...

For me, its a simple thing, but to others sure it might be tricky...

Eh...Its just a personal thing I guess, but I am in constant communion with my Brother, and this relationship brings me much joy and peace in my life

Nice OP

Peace

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

The answer is a resounding A. I have a deep and personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, he is my guide and guardian. I would add that my membership of freemasonry has brought me closer to the Lord in many ways, but primarily because it encouraged me to read and study the Bible more, which in turn led on to other things.

Be careful in your studies on the letter G. It has been known to mean different things in different contexts. In English lodges for example it hangs in the center of the room (sometimes it is replaced by an Eye) and represents God - the Grand Geometrician of the Universe. And Spirit7, I chose the name GGOTU deliberately, as regarding G as standing for Geometry is not necessarily incompatible with it standing for God. There are other interpretations ascribed to the letter G also, I say they are neither wrong nor right, but you probably won't go far wrong if you interpret the letter G similarly to the All Seeing Eye - as a symbol of the One, the guiding force or principle in the Universe, God, Supreme Being, Creator, etc etc.

John 14:2

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Trinityman

Trinity....

You pretty much filled in the blanks I had when I posted my thoughts...

BUT

You did so in such an eloquent and spiritual way

Many thanks for that....

So many things to consider when one thinks about God and Saviour...

Thanks again for posting such an inspired view, friend

Peace

P.S - As an aside....Reading again your explanation of G meaning different things to different groups of society and indeed even different Lodges around the world....

This has given me much to think about with my personal relationship with "G" apart from my relationship with my Brother Christ...

I thank you for posting such thought provoking information...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

You didn't give a third option: fictional being, amalgam of all the prophet guys running around Judea in that era.

I vote C.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

A.

Spirit7 will use this later to claim masonry is satanic because some of its members choose option B. He will claim this poll is "proof." So before he even starts it, let me be the first to point out that this poll will not/can not capture a representative sample of masons. It will only capture those on this board who choose to respond. Your going to need about 500 randomly selected masons to make an accurate generalization. Of course, this presumes the "poll" is a valid question. The poll is of course inherently flawed because it presents two options and ignores the possibility that it could be both A and B. This is the false dilemma fallacy. It also assumes that there MUST be some relationship between the G and the personal religion of its members.

Finally, this cannot be used as proof of anything because masonry is not oriented toward any specific religion. If the fraternity happened to be made up of all buddhists, it would not be satanic. So even though the question is invalid and the sample is not representative, the basic logic behind this is flawed.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I say both. I know were not sopposed to do mini-posts but...

I say Jesus is the Savior and the teacher of knowledge.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
reply to post by spirit7

You didn't give a third option: fictional being, amalgam of all the prophet guys running around Judea in that era.

I vote C.

I'm guessing that hsi research is somehow into a secret society that is religious. Hence, he's trying to find out the opinion of religious people on Jesus.

Atheism would have nothing to do the secret society or it's symbols and traditions, hence your opinion is meaningless to the research. Not necessarilly a wrong opinion, just not providing any useful data. Like a phone poll asking a registered Democrat which Republican they're voting for.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by corsig
What on God's green earth does this have to do with either

A. Secret Societies
B. The Letter "G"

Sorry- I'm missing the point.

Plus you are assuming the Masonic letter "G" stands for God where it could also stand for Geometry or Gnostic for that matter.

Please clarify for me Spirt7

Actually I was assuming that the silent G stood for gnostic. And what you just said reveals even more to me as to why the silent G does stand for gnostic.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LightinDarkness

No I won't Lightindarkness, I promise. I'm just trying to find out what it's really all about. I told you not too long ago that I will keep my religious beliefs to myself, I realize now that I was imposing it too much and I'm sorry for that.

I no longer think that it's neccesarily satanic. My recent research has led me to believe that you do not think the holy scriptures are completely accurate and that all religions point to a pre-christian or ancient mystery about the "supreme god" and I am just trying to find out if this is indeed the case with freemasonry. That's all, nothing more and nothing less. I will not use this to attack, masonic student has opened my mind why can't you do the same? I'm no longer going to argue that my religion is better then your occult. I call a truce!

Can we all please just answer the poll now? Thanks!

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
C. Metaphor - I believe Jesus Christ is a metaphor for something even older than the bible, but the morals of most religions are fine, if followed in a loving fasion.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
I'm guessing that hsi research is somehow into a secret society that is religious. Hence, he's trying to find out the opinion of religious people on Jesus.

Atheism would have nothing to do the secret society or it's symbols and traditions, hence your opinion is meaningless to the research. Not necessarilly a wrong opinion, just not providing any useful data. Like a phone poll asking a registered Democrat which Republican they're voting for.

As you said, you're guessing. When I read the original post I had no idea what his comment about G meant because there was no explanation or clarification there. I thought to myself, "That's silly. Obviously, there should be more choices, C, D, E, F, etc., and he should have clarified what he meant for choice G."

Like MajorMalfunction, I also would vote "C" and suggest that the originater of this thread go back and explain what he's trying to investigate far more clearly.

Occam

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Hmmm: I would have initially gone with both letters A. and B. as one and the same, where God (a savior) is on a mission through a teacher who reveals [esoteric] knowledge. But then again, I’d have to go with MM’s fictional being as letter C or even my letter D (see below):

A. Savior (God on a mission)
B. Revealer (teacher of knowledge)
C. Exclamation as in ‘Gee! I don’t like either letters A. or B.’
D. All of the above.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

B

messenger of God as a prophet
but misinturpited by people.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit7
I think this poll is topic related and is vital to my research on the letter "G" so please be honest and direct with your responses. Thank you

How do you view Jesus Christ?

A. Saviour(God on a misson)

B. Revealer(teacher of knowlege)

C. My best friend

(sorry to be a non-conformist - I find this situation often in multiple-choice questions...but I AM being 100% personally honest.)

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
B

It's such an easy answer. If you followed the example and teachings of Jesus you wouldn't have to worry about A.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join