It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Spreading Hate?

page: 1/
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I believe as of today there are Christians who spread hate you know what I mean making Gay people feel insecure and telling them they have a problem and god should deal with it. Im sorry to say as of today this is not true and they are sufferring from Homophobia now tell me why I see none of this on ABC or CNN? Your Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Your title is generalizing a whole group of people. Not all Christians hate gays, in fact I know a few gay Christians. It all has to do with how the person was raised, if a person was raised to hate gays, hate blacks, hate Jews etc.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Once people start grouping themselves into an exclusive 'us' category, they start looking for any excuse to demonize and single out the outsiders, or 'them'. The same applies to any grouping of people who fail to attribute things properly. It doesn't even have to be religion, as you can see this in action with nationalism gone rampant.

Additional reading on this aspect of social psychology:
Attribution Theory
Why We Hate You: The Passions of National Identity and Ethnic Violence

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by aeroman1
I believe as of today there are Christians who spread hate you know what I mean making Gay people feel insecure and telling them they have a problem and god should deal with it

The keyword there is that you "believe" that. Doesn't make it true. and how do you know they are christians? do you ask everyone of them, "hey what's your religion?" or do you just assume they are christian?

I am a christian as you probably know and I don't feel insecure about having a feminine side. All men are half woman since birth, and god created them that way. There is nothing wrong with letting your feminine side out, but what's wrong it's actually going and doing the act in person with another man.

God forgives, so if anyone has ever commited a homosexual act they can ask GOD for forgiveness.

But one thing is certain, I don't go around judging people.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller

I believe as of today there are Christians who spread hate you know what I mean making Gay people feel insecure and telling them they have a problem and god should deal with it

The keyword there is that you "believe" that. Doesn't make it true.

God forgives, so if anyone has ever commited a homosexual act they can ask GOD for forgiveness.

But one thing is certain, I don't go around judging people.

I would have to agree. Not all Christian's are like that. I also agree that God forgives. I don't go around judging people because it isn't my place. That is between that person and God.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'm a Christian and I do not hate gays so you can subtract 1 from your generalization of the Christian community.

Also your use of the word hate is rather strong. If a group of people disagree with certain practices that does not constitute “hate”. May I ask you if everything you disagree with do you also hate?

Lastly your generalization in the title is very misleading to say the least in “Christians spreads hate” is a very bias statement.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
i think the title should be changed to "christianity spreading hate" as it is a religion that is inherently against homosexuality (in both testaments)

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Ditto!

Im a Christian and I certainly dont hate anyone who is gay!

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Its not "christianity" that is spreading hate but a certain cult known under names such as "fundamentalist evangelical born again", which, under any normal evaluation, is in dire need of psychological counseling and proper cult de-programming. The rest of christianity is just fine. The same can be said of moderate islan vs. jihadist-cultists.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Skyfloating, I actually agree with your assessment. Of course, Christianity was hi-jacked almost 1700 years ago.. However, it has gotten worse over the centuries.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Ok... so I'll respond to another atheist thread bent on making people think Christians hate gays. Christians do not hate gays. Christians do not hate adulterers, or even those having premarital sex. It is not our job. God is our judge, and the judge of the atheist as well. The same could be said of atheists that they are spreading hate against Christians, but I don't believe all of them are. I believe some are, but not all of them. I've known many gay people during my life and never rejected them or did anything bad to them.

What Christians hate is sin. Because sin will separate you from God. Now if you walk up into the face of most Christians and demand to know what they think of gay sex, they will tell you it's a sinful act, but you asked. But if you ask if they hate gays they will say no. Anyway, that's my response to this latest attempt of the atheist wing of the ATS to toss mud in the face of Christianity.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Ok... so I'll respond to another atheist thread bent on making people think Christians hate gays. Christians do not hate gays. Christians do not hate adulterers, or even those having premarital sex. It is not our job. God is our judge, and the judge of the atheist as well. The same could be said of atheists that they are spreading hate against Christians, but I don't believe all of them are. I believe some are, but not all of them. I've known many gay people during my life and never rejected them or did anything bad to them.

What Christians hate is sin. Because sin will separate you from God. Now if you walk up into the face of most Christians and demand to know what they think of gay sex, they will tell you it's a sinful act, but you asked. But if you ask if they hate gays they will say no. Anyway, that's my response to this latest attempt of the atheist wing of the ATS to toss mud in the face of Christianity.

Thanks Fromabove, thats exactly right. Christians do not hate gays and the like for the most part. There are some who are an exception to that who have been brought up hating a certain group of people.
I just hope that people can stop worry about being judged by christians because the truth is that many christians will not judge someone because they are gay, there are always exceptions to that, but for the most part many people are generaly ok.

-fm

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
ALL religions depend on something that has to be overcome, be it Thetans or demons. Therefore religion has always been and will always be a we/they culture. We the forgiven, they the great unwashed.

Just because they say someone isn't living up to whatever standards their God has imposed, that does not mean they are spreading hate. It's simply nourishing their "sister Bertha better than you" complex that religions instill in it's followers.

That's why I became a Spiritual Anarchist. All religions, ordained beliefs and spiritual structure are there to hold you back from the truly divine. Free the chains from your mind and the chains on your soul will melt away.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The tittle may seem targeting just Christians even when I want to believe that is just a mistake.

While is for sure certain religious believes can been seen as hateful toward anybody that do not subscribe to their interpretation of what is right or wrong this is not as wide spread as many wants to make it look like.

Yes under the banner religion many atrocities and hate crime are committed but this is limited to a minority.

Is plenty of Christians and religious believers (other religions no necessarily Christian) that are tolerant to their fellow human beings personal choices.

Any society in the world have a fair share of hate filled intolerance or just some degree of intolerance.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

think the title should be changed to "christianity spreading hate" as it is a religion that is inherently against homosexuality (in both testaments)

Mad,, you have been on a mission to discredit disparage "Christianity" in so many posts I would think you are on a mission from GOD Ooops! that's right you don't believe in that, be that as it may it is evident you have some anger issues with THEM and I mean Christians.

Personally I couldn't care less what they are but when you come and make baseless accusations against my Christian faith I think it's time you back up your bravado and share your proof.

Otherwise it is YOU spreading unsubstantiated propaganda for excuses others can have to avoid Christians. Or Hate them.

I don't even know who gays are ,, it isn't like they have a visible attribute that defines them but I understand they have a problem being Christians.

Many want the Church to do something about that so they make their private lives known and frankly I tell them it isn't any of my business and would appreciate it if they would respect others rights from being forced as a voyeur of sorts knowing what kind of sex they have in bed with people.

I think if their is anything about gays that bothers people it's THAT.
When I was in the military many of them were trying to petition the DOD to force them to have it on there Dog Tags. WHY?

I have no idea.

If we should change our stable datum (the bible) because it speaks of a GOD and his disdain for pedophiles and Cheating Husbands, Wives etc I guess I can count on you to be the first in line to say Christians are spreading hate about men and woman.

That's essentially what your clever ploy in changing the title is attempting to do with the same men only their adultery is of a homosexual nature.

I am not one for being timid in the face of those expecting some political correct Christian too afraid to call it what it is.

If you don't think I can do that without hating then you must think Cops hate everyone that they give a ticket too for that infraction. Then you can say Cops are spreading hate. Not the best analogy off the cuff but you get the point. You can tell me you have friends who are Christians as proof you don't hate Christians but that proves nothing, hate generalizes and love is particular.

Another words you make exceptions for some but as a whole

your assault on Christianity

is legend

- Con

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I believe as of today there are Christians who spread hate you know what I mean making Gay people feel insecure and telling them they have a problem and god should deal with it. Im sorry to say as of today this is not true and they are sufferring from Homophobia now tell me why I see none of this on ABC or CNN? Your Thoughts?

Hello there,,I see you been kinda getting beat up on here and I apologise for the many posts that keep trying to put words in your mouth as YOU DID SAY " there are Christians who spread hate"

That is not in the same context my esteemed Athiest Mad would have liked to change to Christians spread hate. or any of my Christian brothers, sisters that have mis-interpreted your post.

Yes I imagine there are some Christians that are homophobic and even some that hate them for that reason.

I have learned a great deal from one atheist here about HIV that many in my congregation would benefit from the knowledge and experience she has. We have several afflicted with it and the way they are treated is ,, well not something I am proud of in those members fears and phobias.

Just try and understand that their are some Christians that would give the shirt off their back for someone gay, black, woman, atheist etc.

I am very concerned with many of our Christian leaders example Pastor Hagee I think has gone off the deep end. He is using that Bible more to CAUSE Revelation then allow Divine Providence to take it's course.

I am sorry you have been treated insensitively by someone purporting to be a Christian or Christians. It certainly is not true for this one.

Warm Regards

- Con

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
When a member post in this thread Conspiracies in Religion it will be noticed that many topics will seem to be too crude or direct to some peoples sensibilities.

If the topic affect a person in a way that will keep that person from posting a meaningful and debatable post without falling in anger it is advised that this thread is not limited to only a religious faith base angle to the topic been presented but the topic will be debated by any person be religious or none religious, believer or none believer because is about conspiracies.

Do not let any topic in this forum affect anybody personally, is all about conspiracies and they have many angles.

When a topic is of direct personal hate toward a any believe it will not be allow to stay.

So please do not let anything in here bother anybody remember is just a conspiracy forum.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
So so psyop and cheap thrill for aeroman. Hope he had his tissue ready.
Notice how he didn't hop back on his ignorant thread to 'xplain' his self.
I have a problem with anyone who generalizes. I'm Catholic. No problem with homosexuals, never had.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thats a very good point margo and albeit your observation will be noted,, it is one as you suggest not easily to be disciplined.

I really don't see this threads creator as someone with anything other then having his feelings invalidated by some holier then thou Christians who need to check their own issues.

- Con

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i think the title should be changed to "christianity spreading hate" as it is a religion that is inherently against homosexuality (in both testaments)

And right there is a big lie. The Old Testament is the Jewish part. So why then shouldn't the title be "Jews spreading hate"? Homosexuality is a sin in Islam too. In fact, it's a sin in all religions that address it and many cultures, yet pointing out something is immoral turns into Christians are spreading hate.

And as pointed out elsewhere, there are all kinds of sexual sin. We lock people up in prison for some of it, but I don't here the anti-Christian gang complain about that. It's always just homosexuality which is brought up time and time again. Polygamy is against the law in the US, so why don't all these pro-gays show that they are tolerant and caring of others and go out and support Polygamist rights and stop the hatred and laws against them? Hypocrites.

BTW, you know the best way to get people to stop "spreading hate"? You do it by getting those people who engage in vulgar immoral behavior to stop it. The goal, even if not 100% achievable, is for mankind to finally live clean sin-free lives. And some of us get tired of others going out of there way trying to go in the opposite direction.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join