It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any music producers out there on ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

as in .wavs or whatnot that u can play?, well theres some refills that reason has, but im sure tthere has to be others, Alot of times I always hear people just recording vocals seperatly an dubbing it into their tracks.

There are wav files Lemme give a quick glance and see if I can locate some sites.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Blummee. I remember starting off with an Atari 1040ste and steinberg pro 24(Remember dx7's?lol).. I know producers STILL using that stuff to great effect..

I got sidetracked into live performance(Still.. pays the bills i suppose)but my real love is soundtracks and creating original styles out of all kinds of genres.

You can get REALLY bogged down in technology if you're not careful..spending more time reading instruction manuals than writing tunes.

It's best to go to a basic piano setting or pick up an acoustic guitar to dig out some good vocal tracks,otherwise you find yourself fitting in vocals around the tune instead of vice versa.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I was thinking wav or mp3 acapella files with songs by singers and rappers that I can build into my own tracks.

Surely there must be singers or rappers that sell their voice to producers? Its about avoiding the hassle of looking for someone to come to my place to record. Ready-made voices.

Most acapellas offered we are not legally allowed to add to our songs.

I would especially be interested in jamaican sounding voices currently, but for now any type of voice will do.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

www.google.co.uk...

Give that a click and best of luck.. ouch

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

you wouldnt believe it but Ive spent entire days rummaging through "free samples" sites. Apart from the ocassional "aaaaah" and "ooooooh" and "yo, yo", they dont offer much in vocals...as in entire full length tracks.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Lol.. yeah I would.
:bash:

Like when I'm programming a backing track for a cabaret act.. I cheat and go searching for the midifile on the net.. only to find most of them have been programmed by a tone deaf orangutan wearing boxing gloves..

(www.musicrobot.com...
This is one off the better search engines for anyone interested.. lots of misses there too though
Just be careful of the copyrighted ones though unless you're registered for such usage.)

I frequently knock up some short loops(2-16 bars) for use on dance tracks etc but vocals is a little trickier..
I'll have a check through some old ones to see if they're any unused copyright freebies 4 u.

Most of them are PURE Stilton though

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Here is some music I produced:

www.MySpace.com/KidPrep

TPM

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Theres always Computer vocals!

www.hitsquad.com...

they can be fun to put into things, and you can mod them even further with a vocoder.

as for vocals, i have been looking, your better off paying someone to sing or recite what you want, its what im looking for, your gonna have better results that way and be legal too.

i made a song with me reciting particle theory in the begining of a song, lowered the tempo and my octive, i sounded like a robotic overlord it was nice,

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
Theres always Computer vocals!

www.hitsquad.com...

Some useful software there, thanks. Adding some FX and tweaks to one´s own voice is always a good option.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Thanks for looking it over

I was a goth when I was a kid, and then got into some really heavy euro-industrial stuff and I think it shows. Am looking for a female vocalist to give me a softer egde. Will find one someday

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
http:// www.myspace.com/bobbylavignesproject432

this addy isnt working, would like to check your stuff out still

sorry, try this
Project 432

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
Blummee. I remember starting off with an Atari 1040ste and steinberg pro 24(Remember dx7's?lol).. I know producers STILL using that stuff to great effect..

I had the worlds most rickety copy of steinberg, and it was that programme that bought about an end to my STe on a particularly warm day in 1988, as it managed to loose about 10 hours worth of composition that I hadn't backed up after refusing to write to a disk.

On that fateful day the STe discovered the joys of flight, all be it short lived as it made its final journey out of my bedroom window onto the concrete patio flags below....

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I use a Yamaha 4416,miced up to real people playing real instruments,then I export that over into ProTools to tinker with

Still sounds like rubbish,lol

I wouldnt touch a lot of the acidloops,djay and other cheap products out there with a bargepole,that goes for midi too

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You wanted to hear a song of mine, here you go:

BTS Podcast

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argos
Hey everyone, i just got the best present ever:

Ableton Live 7

It is the mother of all music production software and is going to take me forever to learn how to make my own music but as you can probably tell i am happy as larry about it

Any other music producers out there? What software do you use? And have you got any tips? because i haven't got a clue where to begin.

I use version 7 for the effects and version 5 for my actual djing, i can teach you very easily.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join