It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any music producers out there on ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Lol now things are really hotting up.

I wanna hear both of your music got any links?

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Where can we hear your stuff?

I posted a link to a bts thread + embedded a YouTube video on page one, here

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Stoopid me i get lost in my threads sometimes, cant believe i din't check out your link. Will listen though your tunes see what i think.

Having a creative block at the moment have started 3 tunes and cant finish any of them :bnghd::bnghd::bnghd: Some of the basslines are really good just cant make the melodic riffs sound right.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Hellmut: Link is currently not working. I´ll try again later.

Argos: You started 3 and finished none? Good for you. I start 5 for every 1 I finish. I finish another 5 for every 1 I publish.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
In any case, if you wanna make trance/electronica its easier with a keyboard.

A lot of VSTs have so-called "Arp-Patterns". That means you press one key and an entire melody is triggered. The pitch of that melody is changed by pressing another key. You could have an entire trance song with two keys.

If you have a sudden melody idea, you will want to try that out on the keys.

I guess you could all do it with your computer-keys and mouse. But in my opinion this takes some of the passion out of composing. Lets say I have a ready made-track and I want to add some pad (texture-sound) to it. I will have the track running while recording on my midi-track playing the pad in real-time on the keys. Because its like playing an instrument, passion sometimes strikes and I go a little crazy with the keyboard. Another thing you can do with a midi-keyboard is real-time manipulation of various effects, like running the pitch-wheel. That feels a little different than scrolling a pitch-wheel with the mouse.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Hellmut: Link is currently not working.

Which link? To the BTS thread? It works for me. To be played loud on Christmas Eve
j/k. Actually, better try to be nice to your neighbors and use headphones or something...

From The Hot*beep* Collection:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Ok, the youtube one worked now. And I listened to it. And it was fun to listen to. You can obviously do without the midi-keyboard.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Finally finished one of my tunes, thank god for that superwave plugin.

This tune is pretty much completely made up from it now. Check it out its called Immys Choice:

www.isound.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I produce with FL. Some of my beats are on ATS podcast. I love production. FL for life.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
What sup guys, My weapons of choice are Propellerheads Reason 4, Rewired to Cubase, with MY Big bags of Vstis ( vanguard Blue, Albino, and PHP vintage just a few ) Coupled with My midi controller thru my audio interface for input mics and guitars I go forth and create some dark sci fi trance and drum and bass.

Honestly I dunnot go for this dark feel or sound, it finds me, comes extremely natural to make dark music but Im a happy upbeat lighthearted guy lol. I find that funny.

Any who, Give me some air time on your puter @ www.myspace.com/tranceoptical

Workin with my partner in the UK on our Label Digital Itch Records. we are currently scouting for new talent and have 4 artists currently slaping tracks together.

Dont forget to check out My fellow artists on my page. They deserve MAd Props for their work.

An so DO you all! ( hands You a MAD PROPS ) lol

Enjoy your day guys and keep sequencing Destruction.
Trance

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argos
Finally finished one of my tunes, thank god for that superwave plugin.

This tune is pretty much completely made up from it now. Check it out its called Immys Choice:

www.isound.com...

you will notice that your songs will be appreciated by everyone...except other producers who know exactly where you got the tune from. Good job anyway. Keep on going.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

..it was fun to listen to. You can obviously do without the midi-keyboard.

Helmutt is unusually creative.. I would recommend anyone starting a home studio that a keyboard be top of the list..
Even if you can't 'play' it,You'd be suprised just how quickly you can remember a few notes and'riffs'.These are the things that can turn a collection of 'samples' that come with the likes of Ableton or Fruity loops into something much more original and creative.

Even working purely with loops/samples you can use stickers on the keys to tell you which triggers what effect.

I was fortunate enough to recently undergo a successful hand op that has transformed my one/two finger editting atempts back to recording with my keyboards and studio.WHAT a total difference in productivity.

It's like I haven't been alive for the last 18 months.
Are afro's still in fashion?

Any questions welcomed from studio beginners/seasoned pro's alike.
All services rendered free of course. lol

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yes I must agree with Agent T, My 49 key maudio midi controller has time and time again paid for itself, Specialy using the arpiggedator* you get some great sound, wether your a novice or a Piano Pro.

an I would recomend any of the follow for people who want to get started,

Acid Pro 6 is like 59 bucks or so.

Propellerheads reason 4 is 500.oo ( but worth every penny and then some )

Fruity Loops is a Great beginners and Pro software to use. and not too expensive. I believe around 100.00, or less.

and Cubase which is pretty expensive but works wonders,

these are the ones I use but mostly reason and cubase, Gotta get VSTis for cubase

Audacity is a free software editoring wav program.,

and Im sure theres more but My brain is drained.

Trance Optic

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Well, back in the day, I was the proud owner of a Kawai K4, Kawai K1, Cubase, a D-10 Drum machine all running off an Atari ST and about £3k's worth of mixing desk and PA gear.

But then I got married and had to sell it all off

15 years on, one divorce and a refinancing package later, and these days I use FL7, and love to mess with the old Music 2000 sampling software and Audacity, and the results can be found here....

Illustrial

And theres not a single real instrument on it

I'm running with a whole stack of VST's and its a damn site easier than anything ever was when I mucked about with the ST

Comments on the music are welcome, as long as they aren't too savage

[edit on 26/0108/08 by neformore]

[edit on 26/0108/08 by neformore]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
hi everyone
I did my first attempt at a full guitar based cd.

it was Steinberg Nuendo, on a bottom of the line acer
1.8 gigahert with only 256 ram.
and the guitars were recorded all direct with a LINE 6
GEARBOX.

and I used the Izotope Ozone 3 mastering plug-in
this plug-in is very cool.
I was shocked how much better it made my mix sound.

you can hear it at
http:// www.myspace.com/bobbylavignesproject432

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
http:// www.myspace.com/bobbylavignesproject432

this addy isnt working, would like to check your stuff out still

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I like it. has a nice darkwave feel. Reminds me of tricky, I did something like this where I had my wifes friend resight Poetry thruout it.

Now Im looking for Hip hop to Folk singers to Put in my tracks.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Tranceopticalinclined

Thanks for the kind words Trance

added you on Myspace

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Tranceopticalinclined

Im looking for downloadable acapellas (Id even pay for them), but havent been lucky up to now. If you know of any good source of vocals, let me know.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

your sound is too industrial/dark for me...but respect to your work nevertheless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join