It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creeped out by 911

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I haven't been on ATS all that long, but I have been involved in several 911 threads and have argued as strenuously as I can for the idea that 911 was an inside job.

People who have read my posts will know that I am a confirmed "truther". I make no bones about that. They will also know that I started out as an enraged supporter of President Bush (albeit up here in Canada), who was shamed to roots of my hairs because my own country did not rush to aid America in it's attack on Iraq. That was then.

Over time I started to realize what I consider to be the truth, that 911 was an inside job pulled off to accelerate an agenda designed to meet the threat of dwindling oil resources, a threat that includes the possibility of serious civil unrest in the American homeland, hence the Patriot Act and associated measures.

But this thread is not about all that. I wanted to talk about something else. I am creeped out by 911 and it's aftermath. I am creeped out by the face of George Bush on the TV. I am creeped out by Hillary Clinton and smiling Rudy Giuliani. I am creeped out by all of them. I am creeped out by the mainstream media. I am creeped out by everyone who carries on as if the emperor still had his underpants on.

I feel like Sigmund Freud in 1933. Where the hell do I escape to?

Does anybody share these feelings?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Yeah when Bush got elected I thought: "What the F* kind of rinky dink operation are we running here in the US.

Ya know, I would look up to Presidents like Reagan, Johnson, FDR, and IKE..hell even Nixion and Ford somewhat...but when Clinton, and Bush jr. won their elections I was thinking --man..WTF. Kinda like Rock n Roll (if you will pardon the analogy.) You have bands like The Who, the Stones, Hendrix, Pink Floyd even in the seventies and eighties you had U2, Guns and Roses, and Skynard... now you have what? Saliva?? Wolfmother?? Help me out here..Hardly classics hardly "timeless'.

Perhaps I am just getting older...and seeing our leaders as "just doods" getting along the best they can...Kinda like the rest of us.

[edit on 15-12-2007 by Taxi-Driver]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It's like everybody is on stage and it's really starting to get to me. I find myself thinking about applying for citizenship in Sweden or Iceland or moving to northern Ontario and just digging a bunker with a periscope in it.

I've never felt so disconnected from the society around me. I don't want to be one of those heroic Dietrich Bonhoffer types who stays and battles from within. I want to get out of Dodge, man. I want to have a happy stupid life somewhere.

All I have at the moment is this growing sense of impending mayhem.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Oh i can totally relate to what you are feeling.
i mean, seriously,
when i see Rudy Ghouliani smiling and posing for photographs,
when i hear Bill Clinton saying "An inside job? How dare you...!"
when i see the disinformation carpet-bombing being done by the media, just ALL of the mainstream media and the press (yes even in India,i have written to many newspapers, asked them to investigate..all i get is silence??!!),
when i see that Al Gore talking about the FAKE BS about man-made global warming,
and how they are pushing to impose a Global-Carbon-Tax, on everyone alive and breathing,
and i switch the channels on TV and its like being in Alice in Wonderland........except it is real and not a movie, and its not a dream, but a nightmare.......i mean 'creepy', yes, 'freaked out', yes...........you name it brother, and i feel it...........hell the sky can fall on our heads now, and i wouldnt be surprised.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by vladmir

I'm getting to the point where my flesh almost crawls when I see these people in whatever the media. I am absolutely not kidding about this. I'm acknowledging and talking about something that is welling up within me. It's a kind of nausea that Winston Smith might have felt when seeing a poster of "Big Brother" in 1984. This is absolutely real for me now. 1984 arrived 23 years late! 1984 IS NOW.

Another analogy would be the "pod people" in The Invasion of the Body Snatchers. I look at these politicians now and I can't take them seriously AS HUMAN BEINGS.

This whole thing is ghastly. I'm starting to feel like a character in a novel populated by ghouls. Which ghoul are you going to vote for in '08?

Just noticed your avatar! (lol)

[edit on 16-12-2007 by ipsedixit]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
Another analogy would be the "pod people" in The Invasion of the Body Snatchers. I look at these politicians now and I can't take them seriously AS HUMAN BEINGS.

oh i remember that movie.(great movie, as long as it IS just a movie!)
It paved the way for the 1993 movie with Gabriel Anwar in it.
You remember that line from 'Body snatchers';
"Where you gonna go,
where you gonna run,
where you gonna hide?
Nowhere... 'cause there's no one like you left. "

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
reply to post by vladmir

I'm getting to the point where my flesh almost crawls when I see these people in whatever the media. I am absolutely not kidding about this. I'm acknowledging and talking about something that is welling up within me. It's a kind of nausea that Winston Smith might have felt when seeing a poster of "Big Brother" in 1984. This is absolutely real for me now. 1984 arrived 23 years late! 1984 IS NOW.

This whole thing is ghastly. I'm starting to feel like a character in a novel populated by ghouls. Which ghoul are you going to vote for in '08?

Just noticed your avatar! (lol)

I know exactly how you feel, man... These people make me sick too...just disgusted. I feel exactly the same about the 'pod people' analogy... Sometimes not just with politicians and talking heads, but with people around me, school, work, etc. Some people are like in a totally different world...
Another movie that comes to mind is "They Live." ,,,,,

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
First post in a while (What can I say, I'm lazy and like to watch), but I gotta say I agree with ya on this. I live in Sweden, and still, every time I see George Bush, Dick Cheyney, Donald Rumsfeld, or any other of those vampires, I feel seriously sick, and worried. I feel as if we stand at the end of the world, because I know that what happens in the US affects the rest of the world as well.

And that hurts more than the worst torture a man can endure. Every speech that George Bush holds that even mentions "war on terrorism" or 9/11 is like a slap in the face to all of humanity.

Ah, well, just my 2 öre, take 'em for what they're worth. (About 0.02 dollars).

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
"Welcome... to the real word, Neo"

I know exactly how you feel.

The only advice I have for you is this:

If you can't beat 'em, don't join 'em...

But what use will running away do if the whole world ends at their hands anyway? You don't think you'll be affected by the end of the world down in that bunker all alone, not knowing when it is safe to come out?

What is the difference between what you are thinking of doing and what millions and millions of ignorant people are doing right now by "running away" from the truth? Where's the pride or honor in that?

I say face the future head on and stand your ground. It's better to die with honor maybe a few years too young, then to die alone and afraid down in some underground prison you've dug for yourself.

At best, we'll all slowly wake up and start defending ourselves and our fellow men against these atrocious forces in order to reclaim our world, or we'll die...and what does it matter then? We'll move on to somewhere else, and get another chance to lead a happy blissful life. That is the only thing I am sure of.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I just thought this would fit well in this thread, what with part of it being played at the Alex Jones show all the time. Here's the full one, and this is what we should, we must do. We must hold our ground here, show the Neo-Cons in the United States that the world will not tolerate their war-mongering any longer.

My life has value, and you will not throw it away for power, Mr Bush!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

Just watched the video clip and enjoyed it. Maybe that is just the sort of thing that is required in the circumstances. His description of the average person who just wants his toaster and his steel belted radials is quite accurate. Nice to see Faye Dunaway and William Holden in the clip too.

I honestly don't know if there is any hope in the political process as it works now. I think that things will have to get much worse to force the oligarchs to finally turn to the real source of power in all nations, the broad mass of the people.

There is a lot of talent and goodwill in the mass of the American public, but it continually fails to be translated into government policy. Instead we see government policy reflecting the talents and will of the most ruthless and brutal top dogs.

Until things become very very difficult, the dominant theme in life will continue to be every man for himself, with lots of fraud and manipulation at the top. Maybe the new beginning will take place at the bottom as the downsized, displaced and defrauded begin to co-operate for mutual benefit.

Maybe the antidote to my nausea is to simply tune the ghouls out.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Yeah, I just realized maybe I should'a written something about the vid. Sorry about that, people. I couldn't edit my post so I'll do it here instead. THis is from the 70's film "Network", and it is the infamous "Mad as hell" speech. I love it because it really describes what we must do, what America must do. The first time I heard it on the Alex Jones show, it really gave me the willies all over.

For some reason, the general American citizen seems to think that their life has no value, that they don't have the right to live in a free country, that they have somehow earned the karma of living out the rest of their lives in a police state. They seem to think they have no right to be mad, no right to question the president, and no right to stand up for themselves, that they deserve having their country run by a fool who says God tells him to run his country like a dictator, a country where right-wing Christian extremists decides who become the president of the United States!

I know America is afraid, afraid of terrorists, the dwindling oil resources, and the war in Iraq, but fear won't save your lives, it will ruin them! Your ancestors, who fought and bled for your country, for your liberty, would cry blood if they saw how you have allowed this country to turn from the Land of Liberty, into Land of the PATRIOT act.

You are better than that, so stand up, and claim your right to freedom, as Americans, god damn it! The American president answers to you, not the other way around.

And as for all agents, policemen, and soldiers of this nation; do you really want to become known as the people who helped abolish the constitution, the people who helped turn America from Land of the Free and into a police state? Do you really want to become known as the most cowardous parasites of human history, who did not have the guts to carry on their ancestors' legacy, because of the threat of terrorists? Your ancestors feared the terror of the British rulers, but that did not stop them from reaching out and grabbing for their freedom!

Or will you throw down your weapons when the order one day comes to instill martial law, and take the power from the unjust rulers by simply saying "no" to them? What will you do? Will you respect the foundation upon which America was built, the constitution, or will you be cowards, and become the private armies of the secret societies, the neo-cons, and the New World Order?

If your answer is the latter, then I pity you. If that is the case, there is no words strong enough to express my despise for you, because it goes far beyond anything else in this world. But if your answer is the former, then know that you are not alone, and although we can not be with you physically, we people in Europe are concerned with what your country has turned into, and we are with you spiritually. Don't let Bushler kill the Land of Liberty. He may be a fool, but even fools are dangerous when they know how to manipulate the people. And Bush don't even have to know - he only has to follow the exact steps that Hitler once did in Germany.

And - it - works!

*Insert patriotic music here*

Just my 2 öre on the subject, as usual.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

Couldn't agree more. In fact have written much the same myself in other places in these forums. In fact I started another thread, "An Appeal to the Police and Military", to ask them what they were going to to do if asked to take arms against their fellow citizens. Very few responded and NO ONE who identified as police or military.

I think we are on the Hitler highway, but it is misleading to refer to Hitler. The important thing is the fact of state corporatism, as Mussolini described it. Fascism lives in the United States, where it is incubating all it's monomaniacal horrors.

I especially fear America's "black technological projects" because they have already created a two tier scientific community, composed of those who know and those who bumble along. I believe this is a prelude to two tiers in the society as a whole, the controllers and the controlled.

This kind of paradigm is exactly what Hitler had in mind for the Third Reich. He was not able to achieve it using a modest military head start. In America, things are going to be different. This time they are going to try it with a fifty year comprehensive technological advantage over their victims. The victims being us, of course.

Bottom line. Alex Jones, Alex Jones, Alex Jones. Watch his stuff. Yes, he's irritating. Paul Revere was probably irritating too.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yeah, it's a strange attitude that I find it hard to understand, and it's especially seen among military and police.

I watched "Freedom to Fascism" by Aaron Russo today. Good movie, recommended for all, but anyways, there was a few clips of American troops doing what looked like house-to-house searches for weapons in American cities, and one of them said: "I never thought I'd find myself doing this in my own country." I was so furious I could barely be quiet, just felt like screaming out: "Then why the hell are you doing it, you bloody idiot?!"

It's that kind of attitude that brings your fellow Americans closer to a police state. YOU are safe, because you are a soldier, and you will most likely find youself on the giving end and not the receiving end, when the police state arrives. But your friends, your family, everybody you know, might be shipped off to concentration camps, and all of it becasue you were too cowardly to stand up and say "No, I will not take part in this any longer!".

Then there's of course the apsect of it all saying you're helping to destroy the constitution, that you're corrupt, cowards, and all that, but we've covered that one in suitable amounts of curses already.

Anyway, I agree with you. Alex Jones is annoying. Paul Revere probably was too. But he's good for your country, and he will NOT go away, until you listen to him. I'm just hoping right now that he's able to get out to as much people as possible before it's too late. I also hope that Ron Paul is elected as the next president, and cleans that filth out of your system, and hopefully ships them off to Alcatraz for the rest of their lives.

I'm just trying to figure out a good way for me to help out and stop this, since I live in Sweden and not the US. But until I find a better way, I guess posting in these threads will have to do. It's not much, but at least it's something, and maybe I'll place a seed that will grow, and one day, a single person somewhere will wake up and realize what is going on.

Hope's what keeps us fighting, right?

new topics

top topics

join