It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black shoots Black Burglar - "Media Neutrality", anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Black shoots Black Burglar - "Media Neutrality", anyone?

/?p=7797]www.[hate-site-nolink]

Barone was home with his wife and two children. He said he heard a cracking sound coming from the back of the house. He went to check it out and saw the man entering his house though a window.

“I seen a chest, an upper body, come through the curtains so I fired three shots,” Barone said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Now, before you cry that "there is nothing conspiratorial here", I would like all persons on AboveTopSecret to consider the media coverage of:
Horn vs
Barone.

Both persons encountered a person/s they believed was a burglar/s.
Both persons shot a "burglar/s".
Both persons killed the burglar/s.
Both burglars had multiple convictions.

The only difference (outside numbers):
One "defender" was black.
The other was white.

Is this just another case of "politically correct" (i.e. "anti-white) media bias?

/?p=7797]www.[hate-site-nolink]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
There is a difference though, Horn shot someone burglarizing his neighbors house and had to leave his own house to shoot. Barone shot a burglar entering his own home.

apc

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Details schmetails. End result's the same. Two guys with a gun produced three dead scum.

That sucks he died still halfway through the window. The homeowner should've robbed him to pay for the new carpet.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Angrylightbulb
There is a difference though, Horn shot someone burglarizing his neighbors house and had to leave his own house to shoot. Barone shot a burglar entering his own home.

Yes, but to be fair Joe Horn called the police first:
Barone simply shot the burglar, three times as well.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Can you find a different source for this please, because I can't. I'd prefer a site that doesn't allow comments like

White guy shoots worthless hybrid apes in Texas and the nigs go nutzzzz.

Hybrid ape shoots fellow hybrid and, hey, the chimp deserved it.

Something ain’t right here.

to go unchecked.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Chaoticar

also to be fair horn had the time to call the police while staying safe in his own home, barone was in his own home and shot the man as he was coming through the window there was no level of safety or time to call the police.

Personally I think both men were in the right to protect themselves and their neighbors, if the people didn't try to rob the house in the first place they wouldn't have gotten shot.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It looks like the source itself is mostly an ultra conservative, borderline white supremest propaganda site.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Can you find a different source for this please, because I can't. I'd prefer a site that doesn't allow comments like

And

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
It looks like the source itself is mostly an ultra conservative, borderline white supremest propaganda site.

Rasobasi420, I understand your concern as such a site is hardly "bias-free", and I've posted another, hopefully less-biased, link below with the same story:

news.yahoo.com...

also to be fair horn had the time to call the police while staying safe in his own home, barone was in his own home and shot the man as he was coming through the window there was no level of safety or time to call the police.

Well, as it seems he wasn't actually "next" to the burglar at the moment, there he still would've been able to call the police.
And what about the safety of Horn's neighbours family?

Personally I think both men were in the right to protect themselves and their neighbors, if the people didn't try to rob the house in the first place they wouldn't have gotten shot.

That I couldn't agree more to:
I just dislike the media's "blowing up" of one case and ignoring of another.

new topics

top topics

join