It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Pakistanis infected with bird flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Five Pakistanis infected with bird flu

www.straitstimes.com

"Five members of a family in Pakistan are among eight people who may be the country's first human cases of bird flu, the World Health Organization said. At least one brother died. "
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I took this from my typings on bird flu forum thread so more people will see this....

*btw, the original source is off=[ but the snippet i got from it is in other sources..

here's my original thread.its the same but w/ the original source. idn if the source works now=\
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also!!! Get this! One of the relatives and his son went to Pakistan from the U.S. for the funeral of the victim, and came back to the U.S.

The father came in w/ flu like symptoms then later the son started to get flu like symptoms.
They went into voluntary isolation and supposedly they got tested for bird flu and it came back negative but they people didnt bother to do a second test. Usually 2nd tests are done to fully comfirm because the people may have taken some type of tamiflu like meds or w/e, no one knows.

So...I am not sure what to say about this one but they were around the sick people and came back sick, only one test was done so this is like trial and error. they should have done another test i think.
Also, the people are out of isolation but.....what if the contagious period isnt over just yet?

These people live in NY.

ok...what do you guys think about this?

www.straitstimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
i'll be honest i thought the title was the start of some terrible racist joke. The first guy to get it worked as a chicken culler was there no signs of bird flu amongst the birds in the place he worked and if so surely quarantine should be more severe, due too so much media spin and the frenzy with it i'm completely at a loss as too what to think about this whole bird flu scenario

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by R-evolve
i'll be honest i thought the title was the start of some terrible racist joke. The first guy to get it worked as a chicken culler was there no signs of bird flu amongst the birds in the place he worked and if so surely quarantine should be more severe, due too so much media spin and the frenzy with it i'm completely at a loss as too what to think about this whole bird flu scenario

Oh, heavens no, i would never be racist=[
they never mentioned there being birds w/ the bird flu at the site he was at. I shall read a bit more into that tho and get back to you.Since this h2h business or w/e is getting a bit more common, shouldnt the WHO raise their level to 4 or 5 even since the bird flu seems to becoming stronger.?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That's sad and scary. I feel for them and their families. I really hope it doesn't spread to anyone else. It makes me wonder about eating anything bird

It says three out of every five cases have been fatal. That's not good.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Yes, it really isnt good. So its like u have a 60% chance of dying?
Hmm..it makes me worry about the fact that those two people that came back to the U.S. from the funeral of one of the victims had flu like symptoms and the drs got one - test. when they should have done more than one test to prove trial and error

apc

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Eat all the bird you want. If it's cooked well enough to not kill you anyway, it's safe.

Statistically these new infections are insignificant at best. In total 350 infected out of 6 billion or so [that's 0.0000006% of the population]...
I'm not worried just yet.

[edit on 15-12-2007 by apc]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
yes, as long as it is cooked to the appropriate temp, it should be all good. so yea dont worry too much about it.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
[edit on (12/15/0707 by hachiban08]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
its also quite possible pakistan isnt giving the same play to the end of the world bird flu outbreak scenario that cnn and fox news is. the way i look at it is if it happens it happens.and if it doesnt theres 99 million other things to worry about

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
hmmm....i value your opinion

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
[edit on (12/15/0707 by hachiban08]

join