It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Crop Circles Fit In Space Exploration?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
Assuming isn't proof that their all made by humans.

No it's not proof, but it's the logical and reasonable conclusion concording to the evidence we have from crop circles.

People will go out of there way to make others believe they did it just for the fame.

Not really, as I said most of them want people to believe it was done by aliens, publicly claiming authorship will have the opposite effect.

They might not be made by aliens or humans, we just don't know the truth yet. There will always be detractors to everything.

If they were made by natural phenomena why weren't they happening a thousand years ago? If they are made by aliens why do they mostly happen in western countries? And what's their goal?

The film showed what a group of people can do with a few wooden planks, a long rope and some geometry knowledge, so I am convinced they are man-made.

Some of theses circles are left with energy that is felt when you walk into them. The plants have mysteriously exploded from the inside like a microwave would do. And I doubt this one could be made in three hours.

That's because when the plant is bent over it will naturally try to bend itself back towards the sunlight and create a weird kinda structure around the area where the bend took place.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I merely expressed my belief that certain characteristics of crop circles inescapably - to me, at least - indicate a human origin. Yes, the possibility that they were made by aliens is only one of many theories and ideas being discussed in this thread. I simply stated that it is a possibility I discount, based on my rather extensive personal and professional knowledge of art and design. Feel free to disagree with me, but why jump down my throat?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
I've explained why I put it here, and if that offends your sensibilities, then you have my sympathy for your low tolerance factor. Unfortunately, much of science has a low tolerance factor for considering anything that isn't approved by the "old guard" factor. A narrow viewpoint seems to be the main qualification to be in good standing with some of the more fossilized thinkers in these areas.

Fine. You win. Crop Circles are not man made and are an important part of space exploration that should be discussed in this forum.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Rob Irving, writing in the Fortean Times in the summer, pointed out that there had been a decline in the number of crop formations this year. You know why....? The tax-man!

Farmers used to be generally happy with these formations appearing on their land as they could charge an entry fee to see it and pocket the cash. Unfortunately the tax-man has become wise to this nice little earner and starting sending income tax bills and threats to the farmers in question. Many now think it's not worth the hassle and have banned the circle-makers from their land.

Irving is himself a well known circle-maker and has a particularly Fortean view on the art/science of crop-circles:

Anyone who has looked into 'paranormal' phenomena knows that a real mystery is often accompanied by its fraudulent twin; e.g. is crop circle-making art or deception? Rob Irving - who has made circles and experienced the anger of those who feel his 'art' mocks their beliefs - claims deception is part of creation and a necessary part of both science and art.

source: www.circlemakers.org...

There is an interesting debate to be had there on whether deception can be art....

As an aside: for anyone who thinks these formations are made by aliens making a terrible attempt to communicate via the the gift of cereal - why the hell do they nearly always end up in Wiltshire?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
reply to post by Bluess

Again, I am NOT saying aliens. Please understand that I am simply trying to determine what this phenomenon represents, and IF there is something in it that COULD have a bearing on our future in space.

I was trying to provide evidence and did so.
Noone has ever brought evidence, to prove that cropcircles have any other origin than manmade.
Debating about who, what or how they have been made, is speculation, not proof.
What cropcircles represent, cannot be proven by debate.
It can only be proven by evidence from the designers.
And so far, the only designers to stand forward...is humans.. and they already have their claims, as to why they have made them..

TV stations are ordering theese cropcircles for ducumentary programs, people are selling books about them...Its a business...

I dont see how they could aid us or help us, regarding anything related to space?

In my opinion cropcircles are brought(read sold) to us, to yet again entertain us, making us wonder, fill us with mysticism ... and so far... people are eating it raw!

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I think that all crop circles that I have seen are man-made because I have never seen one that defies the capacities of human beings, both in the design (they are almost all extremely simple) and in the making of the crop circle.

I think that a connection between something we may not fully understand that occurs on some crop fields in some areas of some countries (unless anyone can provide real information showing crop circles in every country in the world) and space exploration is a bit far fetched.

PS: not all crop circles are made in one night, some three years ago, a big crop circle appeared in three or four different stages in different days.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Now I can't say I believe in orbs or balls of light making some crop circles and I don't know much about this video so here's something to add to the crop circles. Are these for real or just hoaxes too?

Seems like alot of people believe crop circles are man-made so I'm leaning towards that, but I'll keep an open mind. Just like a think all ufo's are military and not alien, but I will consider it being alien only if I see an alien getting out of one of them. So many things were believed in the past that have changed alot since then.

[edit on 12/16/2007 by Solarskye]

apc

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Awesome! Aliens play Wolfenstein!!

I think this is a very simple question to answer. The space forum should be for... stuff that's in space. Stuff that we can see, in space. With a bit of why it's up there and what we're doing to get there.

Crop circles are on earth. Any notion that some of them are the creation of interdimensional beings would fall square in the Aliens & UFOs forum.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
There's alot of things here on earth that have to do with space. For one my telescope is earthbound but I can see alot of things in space with it. Institute of Space and Astronautical Science, Houston Space Center, Cape Canaveral, Air Force Research Laboratory etc... The space shuttle was built right here on earth. Heck we had to start here on earth, learn how to fly planes and jets before we could get to space.

But I see that nobody wants to explore crop circles. Like I've already said. I just want to learn more about them and if all are made by humans or is there that 1% chance that it may be something else. Maybe it is all just man-made and there's no way ever, not one single chance that it's something else. I do know that we didn't get this far in human history by sticking to what some people believe or say.

I apoligize if I went to far with posting the videos and pictures of the crop circles . NGC2736 was just wanting to know more about them and so was I. I have a hard time believing in anything these days so I'm not one to say it's got to be that or this. I just try to see all sides and go from there.

[edit on 12/16/2007 by Solarskye]

apc

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Yes but we know they have to do with space because that's what we built them for. If anything other than a human is making any crop circles, it would go in Aliens & UFOs. If some of them are some sort of natural meteorological phenomena, that's still stuck on earth.

If a crop circle came along that for whatever reason could be associated with space exploration, a map of the solar system for example, that would be appropriate in this forum. But the notion of actually making crop circles a topic of general discussion in Space Exploration is like talking about polar bears at a penguin convention. It's madness!

I don't care one iota about who is making crop circles, or what. I don't care why or how. All I know is that discussion should take place in the appropriate forum, and that simply is not Space Exploration.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I brought this forward in this forum for another reason, one which I did not express because I didn't want to sound biased towards other parts of ATS. I find that those who frequent Space Exploration, for the most part, to be a bit more level headed in their approach to topics.

I expected a good bit of material to back up positions, and did succeed at obtaining some. As I stated, I was totally without opinion on this matter due to having never paid the slightest attention to it, and supposed that the attention to detail generated by all of you would be sufficient to inform me in this matter.

I too feel that as things now stand, this should no longer be of interest in this forum; bearing in mind that things can always change. I'm satisfied that while there is no conclusive evidence one way or the other, there is no reason to think that there would be a tie in to space exploration, despite the fact that crop circles and certain craft are tied together by some.

I thank each and all for their time on this.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

I miss read your last post apc and apoligize. I see you said and I quote "With a bit of why it's up there and what we're doing to get there". That includes what I posted on earth.

There was those video's of the waterships that I posted that said it's a blueprint for a spaceship which would fall into space exploration but nobody ever said anything about them. Are they a Hoax? That wierd computer voice didn't help any.

But space exploration needs to be space exploration and aliens and ufo's need to be that. I do wish they would seperate aliens and ufo's, cause nobody knows if ufo's are from aliens or humans. But that's another topic. APC thanks for your opinion and everyone who posted on here. I've learned more than what I knew before this subject.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
The space forum should be for... stuff that's in space. Stuff that we can see, in space. With a bit of why it's up there and what we're doing to get there.

Crop circles are on earth. Any notion that some of them are the creation of interdimensional beings would fall square in the Aliens & UFOs forum.

Hear! Hear!

This has now gone on for long enough.

I vote to move the thread immediately to Aliens & UFOs. So far, not a single post on it has had anything at all to do with space exploration.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Astyanax]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join