It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Crop Circles Fit In Space Exploration?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoterica

They say they've seen orbs around some of them so maybe it's lightning bugs doing it.
j/k
They are mysterious but simple in some ways. I would like to know if it has any connections to space travel. I'm 50/50 both ways for now when it comes down to hoaxes and one's that are unexplainable.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Well, we're at least on the road to finding the different opinions on the meaning/messages in the crops. It reminds me of those pictures that have hidden pictures in them, perspective seems to be at work in how one person sees an antigravity device and another one sees worlds in collision.

I'm still at the point of trying to gather evidence, but it is nice to hear these different views.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoterica

You bring up a point that has crossed my mind, though I have no evidence for or against this. It could even me some type of electrical/other side effect from an entirely different source. It could be that there is some type of "discharge" created by a confluence of certain magnetic points and some other phenomenon, natural or otherwise.

Excellent point.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736

Well, that was a sort of snarky video.

Let me see if I understand what was implied. Someone laid out a 3/4 mile wide crop circle using ropes and boards? That means that they were using and managing ropes to keep the circles centered that were over 4000 feet long. And they did all this in the dark using night vision goggles while being careful not to misplace their boards and screw up the picture.

I would rather be told the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny, with help from a fairy godmother or two, were responsible. The story would be easier to swallow.

I'm surprised you would make that statement when the crop circle is clearly many small circles. There's no point where they would need to use 4000 feet of rope.

Like the circle maker in the video, I have also never seen a circle where the board impressions aren't clearly visible. They are sometimes amazing in their scope and intricacy, but they can definitely be made by people as it's been demonstrated over and over.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Yes, it is many small circles, but not randomly placed. Therefore, to keep them in order, with a sense of evenness in each of the spirals, a person or persons would need to use a line of some sort to "center" each smaller orb to the central point. This would appear to become harder and harder as one got further and further from the center circle.

Note that in the overview of the crop circle in question, each smaller circle maintains a balanced relationship to the center circle and to each other, and to the "curve" of the spiral arm.

Bear in mind that a complicated program would increase the time requirements of the creation, as well as increase the risk of mistakes. Now also keep in mind that because of low light conditions, all of this would need to be done in way that assured a measured control.

And lastly, the use of ropes for orientation is the method those claiming responsibility certainly imply.

However; I'm not saying that these are manifestations of something alien, or other worldly. Just that the classic "explanations" fall far short of what seems possible, given the parameters of such an operation.

Edit to add: I agree that something like this could be created by humans. However, that logic is like saying that just because a good CGI artist can create a UFO that looks real, then all UFOs must be CGI.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

However; I'm not saying that these are manifestations of something alien, or other worldly. Just that the classic "explanations" fall far short of what seems possible, given the parameters of such an operation.

Edit to add: I agree that something like this could be created by humans. However, that logic is like saying that just because a good CGI artist can create a UFO that looks real, then all UFOs must be CGI.

Eventually these arguments come down to the same thing, what seems to be possible or impossible. My take is that humans can do marvelous things, even in poor light and short time. And when I see board marks in the crop circles, I know there are only two possible explanations. Humans made it with boards, or aliens made it with boards.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Very complex circles have been made at night in only 3 hours by humans. So I think we can safely assume they all hoaxes. People WILL go out of their way to make others believe what they've done was made by aliens. And since it happens on Earth, it's not space exploration, "Aliens & UFO's" is a better place

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I love the image of grays tromping circles by the light of a hovering UFO.

Still we've come full circle. What you see as the marks of a board are again just what you are inclined to see, given your own mental comfort zone. And there is nothing wrong about that, it is how humans seem to operate best.

I wouldn't even question these crop circles if it were not that humanity is so close to the time when we will start our journey outward. Much like sailing unknown seas on Earth, it behooves us to consider all the possibilities that could await us. IF crop circles are not human made, and the jury seems to still be out on that one, then this could have some importance to the venture my grandchildren will embark on.

It seems we need more evidence.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSide

To expand on this a bit-

Very complex circles are undeniably made by a group of friends with rope, boards, and too much free time.

If the very complex cna be made with the above, then the most complex could certainly be made by somebody with access to more resources than rope and board. Still requires too much free time

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
Very complex circles have been made at night in only 3 hours by humans. So I think we can safely assume they all hoaxes. People WILL go out of their way to make others believe what they've done was made by aliens. And since it happens on Earth, it's not space exploration, "Aliens & UFO's" is a better place

Could you source this please? Evidence other than just some people swearing they did it? A controlled setting? Trust me, I have not made up my mind on this at all.

And I reasonably explained why I chose to put this in this forum, if you read my opening post. IF this phenomenon is not human made, it has to be classed as "other". That other could be anything from some natural phenomenon of which we are unaware to aliens from another dimension. Any of this "other" could have an great impact on where and how and when we go into space on a grand scale.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
My source was a documentary on a french science channel. Can't remember the name if the program, which was likely from the BBC originaly.

And yeah, a bunch of people can make a complex design in a field in only 1 night, and that's what is happening. There were lots of interviews and stuff like that.

Circlemakers

That's just 1 group of them. Most do it "undercover" and never claim authoship of their circles because they want people to believe they are E.T Phenomena, and they want scientists to study them etc...

I can't see a single reason as to why they would be of ET origin or why any aliens would do some drawings in fields anyways, and since people are admittedly doing this stuff and complex ones too, I think they're all manmade.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Could you source this please? Evidence other than just some people swearing they did it? A controlled setting? Trust me, I have not made up my mind on this at all.

You ask for evidence from a controlled setting to prove that they can be man made, but don't apply the same standards to the evidence they can't be man made? A couple of Youtube videos seems to be enough to convince you, although they lack anything like a controlled setting, make claims that they can't back up, and amount to "just some people swearing they (aliens) did it".

And I reasonably explained why I chose to put this in this forum, if you read my opening post. IF this phenomenon is not human made, it has to be classed as "other". That other could be anything from some natural phenomenon of which we are unaware to aliens from another dimension. Any of this "other" could have an great impact on where and how and when we go into space on a grand scale.

I'm sorry, but if crop circles are going to be considered a part of "Space Exploration" this forum has officially jumped the shark and we as well start putting videos of reptilian shapeshifters in Breaking Political News.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Still we've come full circle. What you see as the marks of a board are again just what you are inclined to see, given your own mental comfort zone. And there is nothing wrong about that, it is how humans seem to operate best.

I'm imagining the marks in the circles? Oh please...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

Assuming isn't proof that their all made by humans. People will go out of there way to make others believe they did it just for the fame. They might not be made by aliens or humans, we just don't know the truth yet. There will always be detractors to everything. Some of these crop circles were elaborate woven patterns and bent at the nodes and not broken like the hoaxed ones. Some of theses circles are left with energy that is felt when you walk into them. The plants have mysteriously exploded from the inside like a microwave would do. And I doubt this one could be made in three hours.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

When one looks at dozens of these putatively alien artifacts together, as you have kindly enabled us to do by so arranging them in your post, the unambiguously human aesthetic and patterning preferences that inhere in them are clearly evident.

If crop circles are made by aliens, they are very human aliens indeed.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well... cropcircles are manmade

circlemakers

ufofake

And I'm sure alot of other people, like to do this aswell.

Its all part of a growing want for the unknown, and there are $$ to be made from, selling books, videos and making popular websites to support the cropcircles and then sell more books and videos or getting donations.

This evidence is far more real, than claiming an alien, or a storm, or an electric current makes cropcircles, so ill take manmade anyday thank you.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Yes alot of them are simple and can be made by circlemakers, but some are so huge and complex that I just wonder. I'm just curious about them like the OP is and want to hear everybodys opinion on them. I never said they were made by aliens, but it's a possibility" if aliens exist " and that's all. They are fascinating and beautiful works of art. I never knew much about crop circles so I'm just trying all angles to the mysteries behind some of them.

[edit on 12/16/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Furst, let me state once more, I have never said that I think some crazy assed aliens are doing this. Have you read the original post? I simply consider that along side the idea that they're all man made, it's some unknown energy discharge, some stray cosmic critters playing, caused by psychic overload on modern humans, and anything else that could be considered, aliens are in the mix.

Is there something wrong with considering all aspects of a subject? Is it that this subject shouldn't be considered at all because there are those that don't want it considered?

I've explained why I put it here, and if that offends your sensibilities, then you have my sympathy for your low tolerance factor. Unfortunately, much of science has a low tolerance factor for considering anything that isn't approved by the "old guard" factor. A narrow viewpoint seems to be the main qualification to be in good standing with some of the more fossilized thinkers in these areas.

As to the arrows in the first picture, please note that these are the wheel tracks of the farming machunery that is used on the field. The tracks are parallel and a uniform distance apart, and can be seen in many photos to turn at the end of the field as the tractor, or whatever, turned to have another go at working the crop.

On a slightly different note: does anyone know the number of tresspassing and criminal mischief/vandalism arrests that have been made where crop circles are concerned? Considering the size of some of these circles, the damages might run into the thousands of dollars (US) for such actions. I'm sure all the farmers can't be in on crop circle plots.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I know that you have good reading skills. Surely you, of all people, have noted that this alien factor is only one of many that this thread is looking at.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluess

Yes, but being sure, as in having a feeling that it must be so, is not the same thing as being sure in a more rigorous way. Look at the amount of debate, even here on Space Exploration, over the validity of the moon landings. While the subject seems settled in your mind, both on the Lunar expiditions and crop circles, that is not so with everyone.

Because of the overwhelming proponderance of evidence for the moon landings, I think them to have actually occurred. The same amount of evidence is not displayed in the cas for crop circls being man made. We have a small number of people taking credit for them, but since we have had a dozen or so people on this board claiming to be actual aliens, I don't accept claims as being more than what they are.(How many police officers and airline pilots claim to have seen physical UFOs, and still we're told they are liars or delusional. Yet if someone claims to have made all the crop circles, they must be accepted right off the bat?)

Again, I am NOT saying aliens. Please understand that I am simply trying to determine what this phenomenon represents, and IF there is something in it that COULD have a bearing on our future in space.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join