It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Crop Circles Fit In Space Exploration?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
First, I wish to say that I have not plunked this thread down into the Space Exploration forum will-nilly. As we move further into this century, when it seems that space exploration is gaining some momentum, we also seem to be taking a parallel journey into what some see as dimensional exploration, sometimes called a spiritual journey. This is seen by many in the phenomenon of crop circles, and the hypothesis that some other form of life is communicating with us by this method. A form of life from a space we have not yet found.

To explore space, we must not be bound by just those areas that we can measure in kilometers between planetary bodies. We as a species are already looking at such things as wormholes, if they exist, and the use of quantum mechanics to find shortcuts across the vast ocean that separate the stars. Ways to defy time itself. In our great leap outward, we may pass into realms heretofore unknown by men, and we must at the very least consider the possibility that others have tread there before us.

The crop circle is a fact, though many contend that they are nothing but the actions of artistic hoaxers, while others feel that they are the result of contact with some other form of life. The fact that there is thought to be a connection between them and the classic UFO, some of which may or may not be of extraterestial origin, means that we must consider this phenomenon at least as much as we would the weather prior to a space launch. To ignore what might have some impact on our exploration efforts would seems the hight of folly.

I propose a discussion as follows:

1) The best case for and against the reality of crop circles as being a phenomenon outside of human endeavors. Meaning, first and foremost, are crop circles just hoaxing on a grand scale, or is this something that is outside the human experience? Something caused by entities other than man.

2)If the crop circles are something outside the human element, then what logical explanation and meaning do they have? Are they communication, at least in the sense that we understand the word? Are they intelligent? Can the "messages" be deciphered?

3)What can we reasonably decide about the possible origin of crop circle makers, if other than human? How do they fit into our admittedly new concepts of life in this or other parallel universes/dimensions?

4)If they are some other form of life, or the product of some other form of life, how will their reality be likely to impact our own venture into the cosmos? Would it be negative, positive, or of no value one way or the other?

This forum has a great amount of talent for analyzing pictures and scientific information, for seeing things with a certain objectivity. I would hope that this discussion would not devolve into mysticism or religion, but take a hard look at what might be a subject that would have some bearing in humanities reach for the stars.

For years, people have wanted a good scientific look to be taken at the UFO phenomenon, not to debunk or to believe, but to decide what is really there. While this forum touches on that subject from time to time, it isn't really our venue. However, because of the implications that UFOs and the crop circle phenomenon have for our future in space, perhaps it is time for a really hard look at the possibility that we are not alone, and what that means for our future as a space faring race.

Crop circles, if they are not man made, are the most tangible evidence we have to look at so far.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

That's a good question NCG2736, I have no idea what is the truth behind crop circles. Some say the crop circles are signs or even space ships ( blueprints) to travel to the stars. Others yell hoax and have shown how some of them are done with boards. But are all of them done by people? That I don't know.

I don't know if you've seen the video "Crop Circle Ship" or if it has any truth to it. But here it is.

Google Video Link

Like I said I have know idea if this is true or false but it's interesting. If these are ships that can take us to the stars then where are they, or why haven't we built them yet.
I think crop circles are interesting and very beautiful art and would like to know if any of them came from outer space intelligence?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Crop circles have apparently been seen from time to time for centuries, so, for the most part, I believe them to be genuinely made by extraterrestrials.
Clearly, there have been many hoaxes, which is why I believe the circles have become far more sophisicated in their design. We are now accustomed to seeing them, and at least two of them carry a message which indicates the identity of the sender, maybe many more.
About eight years ago, a crop circle appeared quite nearby [Sussex England], soon after dark that evening, four military aircraft turned up and circled the area for about four hours. I suspect that the circles are made by the occupants of the relatively small spheres that are seen almost on a daily basis around the world. These little fellows have been watching over us for centuries but have recently been making themselves more visible, obviously raising their profile. Where do they come from? study the Clementine lunar Atlas Photographs, they are based on the Moon, it's that simple.
Looking forward to hearing other views and explanations.
Horsegiver.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Now those were some interesting videos. I'm not yet sure I want to modify my microwave oven for a ride to the stars, but it is something to think about.

As I recall, Microwaves were first used in the late '40s or early '50s, w3hich ties in with some of the UFO ideas, much as the nuclear angle seems to.

But, do we have any idea that these "far out" theories from the videos are theoretically possible?

But even without scientific backing yet, these are interesting. It shows that the crop circles COULD be a way to pass on technological information. Because concepts and methods would be very different between an alien culture and our own, there would naturally be a wide gap in what could be readily understood.

OR, is this a case of seeing something that really isn't there, much like seeing shapes in clouds?

As Johnny Five would say, "More input, please!" We need to look closely at a number of these to see if there are mathematical concepts obvious in the designs. Math being a needed component of any technological group, it should be the most easily found, and yet, because math underlies everything in some way or another, it can also be the easiest to "twist" to fit any idea.

This is just the way I had hoped that a discussion on this would go.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by horsegiver

Could you give more information on these two you say give an identity of the sender? Sources and references are always a help in such things.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I just found this site that tells who and how they made the crop circles. Do they really do this or are they trying to claim them for the money

CircleMakers

Welcome to the 'circlemakers' website. Within this site you will find a wealth of information by and about England's crop circlemakers. You'll be able to learn how to become a circlemaker using our easy to follow 'Beginners Guide'. Read about the history of circlemaking, 'hear' a circle being made and learn about some of the weird experiences the circlemakers have encountered whilst out making formations and gain some insight into 'why' this tight band of individuals spend their summers out in the fields of England flattening cereal crops in various intricate patterns!

This is not good news

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Sure, they can be seen on youtube, listed as the 'The Two Most Important Crop Circles Ever'
Regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

While interesting, this is hardly hard proof. I'm not a believer in the crop circles being of "unearthly" origins, but even I could see several holes in this. It seems almost too evident that no matter what the real phenomenon is, and it is most likely human engineered IMO, this is just a few people trying to take "credit" for a lot more than they are entitled to.

I would have been more impressed if they had provided more insight into pattern design, directional processing, and maybe some statistics on membership and their respective education levels. Even some statistics that could be compared for man hours for given designs would have helped.

As it stands, this is on par with a bomb being found in a parking lot and someone calling up saying they did it, and all the rest too, because they belong to a vast organization wanting to change the world. Not totally believable.

I am more inclined to think that there is a rational explanation than not, I just don't think this is it. There have been hundreds, maybe thousands, of crop circles, and yet not one irate farmer has caught one of these folks and held him at gunpoint till the cops came? I grew up on a farm, the destruction of a farmers work/livelihood is taken pretty seriously by these folks. And most of them spend a lot of time watching over their crops. I just don't see some band of eccentric artists always beating the poor dumb farmers, year after year.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
If they're made by non-terrestrials, they certainly aren't very intelligent peeps. They haven't maanged to relay a coherent message or effect for decades, if not centuries. Unless the desired effect is to leave us scratching our heads. Confusion sounds more like the goal of hoaxers or some sort of non-terrestrial "tricksters." In either case, contact and higher answers probably aren't going to follow...

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I'm with you on that one too. I just stumbled on to that sight and it cried "will take credit whether we did them or not." Like I said at first I don't know much about the crop circles and the reason, but if we keep track of them and any new ones that arise then maybe we'll better understand them. They are amazing to look at and I would love to see one on a fly over in real life.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoterica

True enough, as far as your reasoning goes. If all of this is the work of earthly tricksters, then the level of their message has been cryptic for a very long time as a way to keep interest up.

But, on the slight chance that this could be some communication from "elsewhere", what else would you expect? There is no way likely that "they" would even come close to the same thought process pattern that humans have, so whatever message was contained in something would be almost a puzzle by our reasoning.

Remember Voyager, with it's golden plate that described humans? Now imagine that being found by some race that didn't see in our visual spectrum, were transgender at different stages of their lifespan, and used a base twelve mathematics system. They might have one hell of a time understanding what this artifact was.

Aliens need not be a lot more advanced than we are, but just by the fact that there would likely be no relevant points of convergence in development, they would be an extremely high probability that thought processing and expression would be significantly different.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Maybe they're signs for other aliens as a warning not to mess with us or communications not meant for us. Like when I'm at the store and someone's speaking a language I have no clue of what they are saying.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I think that as long as we fail to try and find a logical scientific way to decide on whether they are man made, and if not, to "decode" them, we'll be in the dark.

It seems that first we would need a compilation, by dates, of the circles. Sort of like putting all the pages of a book in order. Then we would need to analyze them for patterns and relationships, much the way one solves a cryptogram.

Everywhere I look, there seems to be a new set of circles. It would be nice to find a repository of all known crop circles, so that a starting point could be had.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Intelligence agencies pay people to make fake crop circles.
Then the argument is made. If these are fakes over here then
ALL crop circles must be fakes. LOL
Yeah, right.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Here's some of them.

Source

Crop Circle Connector

Alot of imformation in there. Some people are even getting tattoo's of crop circles.

Edit just to say that I've never paid much attention to crop circles until you mentioned it the way you did NCG.

[edit on 12/15/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I never paid too much attention to it either. But my nephew asked about it the other day, and I realized I didn't know enough to give him a good answer. I don't like just repeating the MSM answer, so I told him I would look at it and get back to him on it.

Thanks for the new source.

(And is it just me or are there one hell of a lot of crop circles? I realize that many sites repeat pictures from other sites, still, there seems to be a lot more sites than a few artistic type hoaxers could account for.)

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Sorry, had to step away for awhile. " kids "

Yes, there is alot of them. And not just in one country, so all those circlemakers must get around alot or just try to discourage people by saying it's their fine art.

China and South Africa are the only two countries that have never had a report of crop circles.
Here's a National Geographic video that shows a crop circle almost 3/4 of a mile wide and also shows a circle maker. I just can't see that 3/4 of a mile wide crop circle being made by humans.

Crop Circles

It must be the Mowing Devil.

[edit on 12/15/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Well, that was a sort of snarky video.

Let me see if I understand what was implied. Someone laid out a 3/4 mile wide crop circle using ropes and boards? That means that they were using and managing ropes to keep the circles centered that were over 4000 feet long. And they did all this in the dark using night vision goggles while being careful not to misplace their boards and screw up the picture.

And on top of making no noticeable mistakes in the dark, they held the ropes in such a way that the entire 4000 plus foot of it never managed to drag down stalks in areas they wanted to have remain upright.

Then, after this massive effort, which must have taken several van loads of people to accomplish in a single night, they loaded all their equipment and snuck off with nobody any the wiser.

I would rather be told the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny, with help from a fairy godmother or two, were responsible. The story would be easier to swallow.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

ROTFLMAO !!

Yeah, I was trying to picture just how many people it would take to do one that huge. And in one night. That helicopter looked like a bug compared to that crop circle.

Google Video Link

Maybe we're on a collision course

Cool Video ( just incase the embed didn't work )

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This is true, that they might not think like we do, but that doesn't mean they can't *think*, period. The circles appear only in crop fields. They only seem to appear overnight. They always are, in their basis, the same shape (a circle). It hasn't worked yet, they should try to communicate by changign at least one thing (make circles somewhere aside from crops, do it during daylight in front of witnesses, or change up the shape into something so different or on a different scale). Remember, there ahsn't been a single crop circle I'm aware of that simply 100% couldn't have been made by a hoaxer. They need to differentiate themselves.

On the other side of the coin, they migth remain consistent to give us something to go one. After all, would we be so interested in crop circles if they didn't exhibit the above three characteristics, and were instead completely random?

Crop circles, if not pure hoaxes, appear to me to be something more... instinctual. Like how insects can create incredibly complex colonies and social structures. They don't know what they're doing in the sense we do, they just do it. As I said before, even if made by a non-terrestrial, it doesn't necessarilly need to be intelligent. For all we know, we're just seeing the byproduct of some kind of..."animal."

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join