It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reality of God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Who are you to describe god in one paragraph? From where are you bring forth Gods emotions?

Deep

I like to think that God is so fundamentally simple, that all He is could be summed up in a sentence or less.

DeltaChaos

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

Who are you to describe god in one paragraph? From where are you bring forth Gods emotions?

Deep

I like to think that God is so fundamentally simple, that all He is could be summed up in a sentence or less.

DeltaChaos

Indeed. A great Norwegian poet I personally know whose name is Paal-Helge Haugen once said: "The least of words, the greatest". I can fully identify with these words.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
zero deep...you are in contact with thousands of other highly regarded "enlightened beings" I think you have mistaken highly enlightened for highly intelligent beings ; there are hardly just but handfuls of enlightened people in the entire world let alone thousand that you may be in contact with.. if in your life time you meet one enlightened saint consider your self extremely lucky.. i dont beleive in luck... this person consider your guru or master and theyll show you the way to know directly of gods existence and feel the ever renewing bliss of his love....GOD is beyond explanation by human means and words...all are one
peace
aum
destroy the ego and all else will follow
beyond the beyond
the vibrationless realm where only god exists
the sole reality
the kingdom of heaven is within you

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
enlightened beings have no bias towards god

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

But in the context of the religions that we currently have available to us, all sharing similar concepts of heaven and hell, could this earth be a proving ground of sorts? What of the strict standards that are placed upon us by the Gods that rule our faith? (Which are hardly strict at all, simple really, being firmly rooted in common sense. Any moderately to well adjusted human could have devised the commandments based upon conseqenses endured by not living life to them to some degree.) Could this earth be a spiritual purification system, by which "good" is separated systematically from "bad"? Where the wicked is weeded out? Where only the strong survive and the weak traits are selectively removed? Sound familiar?

Yes it does sound farmiliar! But in our atmosphere, I think, weakness has taken on a different meaning. What is weakness now? Many people around the globe are barely in contact with 'nature' as our ancestors once were. The measure of strength now may be solely how a person will cope with what humankind has built up around them.

I'm not sure what we have to prove to but ourselves. And if we were on some spiritual path, why separate, but rather, unite. If everything was created, why discriminate. Evolution still has a few holes left to fill in my mind, we may not yet know the nature of nature in that sense.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Requiem
I'm not sure what we have to prove to but ourselves... ...we may not yet know the nature of nature in that sense.

With that, what I actually believe, far apart from what I said, is simply what you've written here. I changed your context a little, but even so, I could have only said it slightly better.

I believe since our nature probably will not be defined for us, we need only to make the decision to define it for ourselves. Which we do, only individually and not collectively and causes us to further delineate ourselves from one another.

Or something like that...

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
God is all that is. There, shortest, and most precise definition!

God is love. God is knowledge. God is consciousness. All these things are precisely the same thing

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
God is love. God is knowledge. God is consciousness. All these things are precisely the same thing

Another thing God is -- Justice. In the bible, this is the concept most used to describe what God really is.

But most accurately, the way I see it, God is whatever God wants to be.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I was thinking about why we must seek to define god if it is everything, and why some seek god if they can find it in all things. >) is it less in some things than others. Of course, if it's less in a thing, something must make up the difference.

Also, doesn't the bible speak of god's will? What is the will of god?????

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I was thinking about why we must seek to define god if it is everything, and why some seek god if they can find it in all things. >) is it less in some things than others. Of course, if it's less in a thing, something must make up the difference.

Also, doesn't the bible speak of god's will? What is the will of god?????

First, it's not less in some things
That's just subjective perception. "You're a scumbag, therefore you don't have much God in you". Just perception, and relative!

The will of God is the commands the Biblical God gives to the sheeple of religion. Unless EVERYTHING THAT EXISTS has one unifying will, then you cannot say that, can you?

Religion looks at God as some entity up in Heaven. That entity can have a will, sure.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

That's just subjective perception. "You're a scumbag, therefore you don't have much God in you". Just perception, and relative!

Welp, that makes sense, since if 'godliness' was in more than the other, there would be something to compensate, but if there was nothing to compensate, 'evil' as we may know it does not exist and argrgg

And 'godliness' cannot be 'in' something if it 'is' something, unless there was something else there.

I concur with watcheroftheskies on that verbal deal.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Welp, that makes sense, since if 'godliness' was in more than the other, there would be something to compensate, but if there was nothing to compensate, 'evil' as we may know it does not exist and argrgg

And 'godliness' cannot be 'in' something if it 'is' something, unless there was something else there.

I concur with watcheroftheskies on that verbal deal.

lol ok you're confusing God with Good. God is simply everything. Good and Evil depend on your personal perception of something, but in an objective sense there is no Good or Evil.

From a point of view of a wolf, eating another animal raw with its teeth, even if it's another wolf, is good and a means to survive. It's nature.

If I go over there and bite your head off, people won't think it's so good

Also, you asking if WE are God, or is there some kind of essence in everything that is God, so therefore the actual material etc must be just the shell. Well EVERYTHING is God, including the flesh. Is there a soul-type thing inside the flesh? Well our consciousness is basically it. Since it's not physical, it's not really "inside" the flesh. But at the same time it is.

So there are parts to humans that scientists don't know and don't understand yet, that's all. But they are all, without exception, God.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Lilblam: If I make something nice. And I stand beside it. Would you be even hesitate if asked which of the two objects before you was me? Naturally not, unless I was a master of genetics and had made myself an exact living copy of myself. Then you would maybe hesitate, but still you wouldn't call it me if someone told you which was the original.

It's the same with God. Everything which is in your hypotesis, is what we can see, feel, hear, touch well whatever the thing is. The All. The Universe. Everything which is, has been created. Everything except God who is from eterninty. When God about 2000 years ago wanted to teach Man rightiousness in the Law, he first had to create a vessel for his Spirit who is the Light and Life. Thus the Body of Jesjuah back then was a Temple for the Holy Spirit. For all I know that temple is still walking. That Temple is holier than the Holy of Holies if you ask me, but that Temple is not God. God is in the head of that Temple. God is Spirit. When I say Jesjuah is God, I do so, because I look further than the surface of the eye when I speek with people. I do not ask the hand of a person to help me lift something. I ask the spirit which dwells in him.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton
Lilblam: If I make something nice. And I stand beside it. Would you be even hesitate if asked which of the two objects before you was me? Naturally not, unless I was a master of genetics and had made myself an exact living copy of myself. Then you would maybe hesitate, but still you wouldn't call it me if someone told you which was the original.

It's the same with God. Everything which is in your hypotesis, is what we can see, feel, hear, touch well whatever the thing is. The All. The Universe. Everything which is, has been created. Everything except God who is from eterninty. When God about 2000 years ago wanted to teach Man rightiousness in the Law, he first had to create a vessel for his Spirit who is the Light and Life. Thus the Body of Jesjuah back then was a Temple for the Holy Spirit. For all I know that temple is still walking. That Temple is holier than the Holy of Holies if you ask me, but that Temple is not God. God is in the head of that Temple. God is Spirit. When I say Jesjuah is God, I do so, because I look further than the surface of the eye when I speek with people. I do not ask the hand of a person to help me lift something. I ask the spirit which dwells in him.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

Wrong, God can never create anything. I proved that time does not exist. God could not spend eternity BEFORE creating the universe. Because eternity NEVER ENDS, so he'd still be waiting and never stop waiting before creating something. You can NEVER have eternity behind you, only a VERY VERY long time. And if God has a loooong time behind him, he's not God. And once again, time doesn't exist, and there is no such thing as creation. All simply is! Are you having trouble understanding this simple concept?

Why do you call Jesus, Jesjuah? I think his real name was Jesinavarah ben Marnohk

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Wrong, God can never create anything.

Great. Atleast now we all know where you're from. Have a nice day. You don't even exist. Just what I thought.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
First off, 5 known prophets have had the " privalege " of revelations from God, Moses, Jesus, Muhhumed, Guru Nanak Devi Ji, Guru Gobind Dev ji, Im sure thier are others I have missed.

Why would go chose to reveal himself to 5 prophets, and teach them different morals?

Deep

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Why do you call Jesus, Jesjuah? I think his real name was Jesinavarah ben Marnohk

I'm flattered, but no, that's not his name. His name is Salvation. Salvation in Hebrew is 'Yeshuwah, or Jesjuah. The name Immanual is also a riddle which Jesjuah is a direct reply to. We won't know his real name until his Victorious Son establish the new language after the wars.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Wrong, God can never create anything.

Great. Atleast now we all know where you're from. Have a nice day. You don't even exist. Just what I thought.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

We all exist, but were never created. There is no time. Have a nice life

But if you can be so ignorant as to say what you said, then no wonder you're religious. You lack a mind

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

First off, 5 known prophets have had the " privalege " of revelations from God, Moses, Jesus, Muhhumed, Guru Nanak Devi Ji, Guru Gobind Dev ji, Im sure thier are others I have missed.

Why would go chose to reveal himself to 5 prophets, and teach them different morals?

Deep

Because God is a living God, who has a Divine Plan. In one age or to one people one action can mean the oposite in another age or to another people. I thought you knew this? But, still, his principles are the same. God is Love. Love is the original Law. The source of all good and true. God is the only One who can truely say I AM. That makes him the only Good. For it is him we recognise in all things good. It's like a faint memory. Like when cats gets lost when someone has taken it with them on a vacation 500 miles away, and suddenly shows up back home two years later. You just can't explain it.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

lol ok you're confusing God with Good. God is simply everything. Good and Evil depend on your personal perception of something, but in an objective sense there is no Good or Evil.

From a point of view of a wolf, eating another animal raw with its teeth, even if it's another wolf, is good and a means to survive. It's nature.

If I go over there and bite your head off, people won't think it's so good

Yes! I am parallel with you on that, although I am much more wobbly. I was really starting to confuse myself.

Anyway, about the subjectivity matter, one might think it was a good thing you bit my head off over the way I have been talking to myself. Maybe I would even think it was a good thing but I couldn't really could I.

When God about 2000 years ago wanted to teach Man rightiousness in the Law, he first had to create a vessel for his Spirit who is the Light and Life.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

Hello, this might be a bit off topic but not that much.

Why is 'he' always applied to god, at least here? There are ways to avoid gender, so why not do so if your answer would be to just apply something to god?

The 'rib of the man' stuff in the bible really gets me going. I know you didn't mention any of that at all, I'm just wondering why the male figure is oh so prominent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join