It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reality of God?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Who says that God has the ability for itself to love or hate? Some book writen by man? I don't subscribe to such things.

I agree, giving emotions to god is wishfull thinking.

Deep

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Deep

Well isn't that odd. God is Love and throughout the world he is discribed as loving and caring. Who are you to judge God and say he has no personality? God is the creator of all things. When you look at Creation: Can you say anything else than that this universe must have been created by someone who loves what he is doing? Look at how birds travel south before winter, how the bear makes his home and goes to sleep and doesn't wake up until springtime. How the cat just jumped into my lap. How can you say that he who created all this is emotionless? God is emotion. That's just what he is. God is Love!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton

Well isn't that odd. God is Love and throughout the world he is discribed as loving and caring. Who are you to judge God and say he has no personality?

And who are you to judge god and say that it has a personality...or for that matter judge someone else judging god? Keep in mind that your ideas are just your opinion and if they work for you great, but quite frankly you have no undenible proof of your ideas. Same as I or anyone else. That is why the god thing is one of the great mystaries; it has not been proven one way or the other. We all have our working theories, but we could always be wrong and that is why it seems, at least to me, quite arrogent to be so narrow minded concerning knowing the Truth of the god thing.

As for people all over the world having similar ideas, people also once thought that the world was flat, that the sun revolved around the Earth, on and on and on.

We are all learning as we go along. Don't let yourself get pigeon-hold into one idea. You never know; a better idea might just be around the cornor.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Well isn't that odd. God is Love and throughout the world he is discribed as loving and caring. Who are you to judge God and say he has no personality? God is the creator of all things. When you look at Creation: Can you say anything else than that this universe must have been created by someone who loves what he is doing? Look at how birds travel south before winter, how the bear makes his home and goes to sleep and doesn't wake up until springtime. How the cat just jumped into my lap. How can you say that he who created all this is emotionless? God is emotion. That's just what he is. God is Love!

Who are you to describe god in one paragraph? From where are you bring forth Gods emotions? Which scripture?
If God really loved his creations he would simply not sit back and watch the earch succumb to such atrocities commited on her by mankind.

Deep

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Who are you to describe god in one paragraph? From where are you bring forth Gods emotions? Which scripture?
If God really loved his creations he would simply not sit back and watch the earch succumb to such atrocities commited on her by mankind.

Forget about what man does. How about all of the innocent people that suffer and die because of what god does: floods, famine, earthquakes, plagues, fire, drought, etc. Sounds more like hate then love. Perhaps we are not his charished ones after all.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Forget about what man does. How about all of the innocent people that suffer and die because of what god does: floods, famine, earthquakes, plagues, fire, drought, etc. Sounds more like hate then love. Perhaps we are not his charished ones after all.

Seems more so the Bible states this. The religion I was born in ( Sikhism ) states that man is accountable for his own actions, and god does not play a pivotale role in everyday life, hes just all prevading energy, Sort of like the force one could say. Nor is thier an ulitimate saviour, only through mans own actions does he decide his karmic fate in the next incarnation.

Deep

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Seems more so the Bible states this. The religion I was born in ( Sikhism ) states that man is accountable for his own actions, and god does not play a pivotale role in everyday life, hes just all prevading energy, Sort of like the force one could say. Nor is thier an ulitimate saviour, only through mans own actions does he decide his karmic fate in the next incarnation.

Deep

A religion that teaches that you take responcibility for yourself and your actions!??!

Now I've seen everything!

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Its only through own actions are we gratified, now being these actions are humble and sincere.

www.sikhs.org...

More information, Sikhism always protrays utter equality in all of mankind, no matter doctrine, creed, race, gender.

Deep

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Its only through own actions are we gratified, now being these actions are humble and sincere.

www.sikhs.org...

More information, Sikhism always protrays utter equality in all of mankind, no matter doctrine, creed, race, gender.

Deep

VERY interesting! I have come to most of the same conclusions, but through non-religious means. I will have to educate myself on this.

Thanks
~Jonna~

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Sounds good, Im agnostic myself. Im not trying to sell my religion dont worry! lol.

Im still in the learned phase, to young to come to any conrete conclusions.

Deep

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
blah blah blah blah blah you cannot intellectualize your way to or about god. only divine intuition given to you by god will let you know of his existence

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

blah blah blah blah blah you cannot intellectualize your way to or about god. only divine intuition given to you by god will let you know of his existence

Thanks you for serving more merit to your jibberish

Deep

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Besides the link that Zerodeep suggested, if anyone is interested in the ideas that him and I were babbling about you might want to read Unified Reality Theory by Steven Kaufman. It is the complimentary scientific explination for Zerodeep's religious site and, IMHO, one of the most brilliant books that you have probably never heard of.

www.unifiedreality.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
well zero deep if you think that what i said was jibberish it is only because you have been trying rationalize god with your intellect. I tell you from experience not from blind dogmatic teachings or books that this is the only way to know of god or his existence. if you took exception to what i wrote it is because the ego is being served by your intellect not by divine intuition. What i was replying to was the jibberish.But the only way you could know that ...
would be to have spent much time in total silence and surrender to the infinite ever flowing stream of divine conciousness. I dearly hope that you will in this life time begin that path and not waste it on dry dogmatic intellectualizations of what god might be
AUM

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Jonna "an original echo" the terrible things that happen to people .... earthquakes accidents...etc.. theese things happen to the best of people.. its not gods will but the divine law of the universe that he has put in place.. he loves us all. one day even my parents will be taken from me ... god is showing us that we must give our love to everyone not just those in our immediate family when this happens. Karma happens on large scales also ... not just personal levels
this life is a brief warm moment... then it happens again
unless you can free your self
phantasmagoria played out on the backdrop of time and space. Similiar to attending the movies
but more serious . god is the sole reality

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

would be to have spent much time in total silence and surrender to the infinite ever flowing stream of divine conciousness. I dearly hope that you will in this life time begin that path and not waste it on dry dogmatic intellectualizations of what god might be

If I knew Gods essence, I would not be here asking questions. I have a certain Bias, regarding the subject that is complemented by thousands of other highly regarded " enlightned " beings.

You seem to be surrending in a medidative state in Gods bliss? This is what you are talking about, the ulitimate Super Consciousness that is " God ", if so, than our Views are the one and same.

Deep

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Love and hate we humans feel thrives from Possession, desire to possess something, a thing, place, another human being's attention, emotions, countries, continents, and from our inability to accept the fact that we simply cannot possess everything others have.
God, on the other hand, has created an entire universe, our existence is his thought manifested into existance by his will. Such being is free of desire to possess anything, to him/her/it/ everyting IS, it exists, and thats the point and beauty of it. He cannot feel the emotions we feel.
By following any of world religions or philosophies we are taught to be closer to God by resisting this desire to possess something. Regardless which one you follow, Christianity, Islam, or any other, the main focus is spiritual awareness and self control by resisting the material world, resisting the DESIRE to possess it. Jesus is a perfect example of someone who has reached such level, so are many buddhists and quite a few muslims.
You are aware of the world, you use what God has provided for you, but you do not desire to possess it above everything else.

When you look at religion with this in mind, you will see how absurd it is to use religion to justify wars, conquests, killings, to justify the very thing you are trying to get rid of with your belief in God.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Why do I get the feeling that we are all arguing basically the same side of the debate? Someone bring me some zealot meat!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I agree, were all on the same boat. Some boats are simply faster, slower, fatter, slimmer than others. We all have something to learn from others.

Deep

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I'd rather say the oposite. We have all left God, and now he has left us for destruction. That's emotion.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join