It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian "Ex-Gay" Movement Grows, Brainwashing Thousands

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

I do not have any problem with your argument. May I say it is stated intelligently and well spoken. The only thing I did not see in your post is that these anti-homosexual religious fanatics are or use to be homosexuals. I do not think these people hate homosexuals (themselves previously homosexuals) they are using there own experiences to denounce what they think is wrong, in other words attacking the sin but not the sinner. Of course it is heated because when peoples lifetstyles are challenged the automatic response is defense...Heck we see that here everyday.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Excellent post, OT. In my experience, the hypersexualization of our culture is clearly harmful to the young and old alike. Sure it sells, but so does lying. The spiritual implications are clear to all with eyes to see.

reply to post by greeneyedleo

I've seen both of those examples lived out myself. Human sexuality is both more complex, and at times more simple than we want to see. If you want great, easy sex without responsibility, the gay lifestyle is the way to go. There's just no future in it.

Originally posted by goosdawg
Unfortunately for society, some people are blinded by ideology or prejudice to the vast gray area between polar opposites, and allow hatred and fear to cloud their judgment.

Quite so, and those people exist on every side of the issue.

Originally posted by johnsky
This sort of thing gets me really agitated, I'm not gay, but I would certainly trust a gay over a bible thumper any day..

Gays don't chose to be gay, they simply are that way...

however, religious people chose to be religious... and that we CAN cure!

What about a gay bible thumper? I know a couple. I didn't choose to be attracted to other men, but I do choose my behavior. I didn't choose to be raised Christian, but I did decide to discover those things in both sexuality and religion that are false, and discard them, and to keep that which is true. Baby and bathwater ya know....

Originally posted by IAF101
By that standard the Victorian age in England was much better in terms of morality, at least they didnt overtly allow frekish debauchery and sodomy as a way of life.

I agree with a lot of what you've posted IAF, but you really don't want to defend the morality of the Victorian age, do you? Not that it's so much worse than any other age, it's just not any better to be sure. There's always been debauchery you know. Some cultures just hide it.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Weedwacker and others,

Title of this thread...sometimes we should take time and see what thread we are posting to. This isn't about sexuality, it is about power. It has been about the 'macho', a term only recently coined, but pertinent to this subject. The 'Powers' who wish to dictate have been around for a long time.

I differ with you greatly on your quote above from page three of this thread. While it is about power...it is not about macho. Macho is a term used to confuse and cloud the issue..almost any issue. I caught on to this concept years ago when reading a book called "Sex and Power in History" By Amaury De Reincourt. This book lead me to other texts which consolidated alot of my thinking ..and eventually lead me to occult studies or studies on Paganism.

Power ..real power is often occult in nature. It is not often on the surface where all can see it..but hidden ..concealed...esoteric..cards close to the vest so to speak.

Power is not about macho. Macho is so overated...and often deceptive.

I hear so many women on this blog ATS/BTS speaking about the patriarical society it makes me want to laugh and puke at the same time. It is not the women who are so incredibly dumb on this but the men. The men are so stupid that they sit speechless and mute while allowing this even bigger stupidity to pass or play through by default. Incredible to me but true.
It is obvious to me that in this country ..the men are only stupid enough to earn the moneys. They actually have little discretion over how the moneys are spent. This discretion is up to the women not the men. Speak to any car salesperson and get them to tell you who determines the kinds of cars which are usually bought?? How about houses...appliances..furniture.clothes..shoes...medicines...etc etc etc.
This economic affluence translates into political affluence..not for the men but for the women. Macho...good grief..what a bunch of flatulence.

Now ..with this concept in mind...what is your point about macho and power. This power here of which I speak is occult power. Hidden and concealed by drivel like a patriarical society.

I mean to tell you Weedwacker...nothing dumber than a male with sports /sports page and hooters on his mind..24/7.

In occult patterns ..energy is male and matter is female...

Who actually has control here in America over the matter??
Whose votes actually count more in America on election day...especially in states with high electorial votes???
Only a macho male can be this naturally stupid and not get it. I can assure you the women and femminine get it...way before the macho male.

There are three groups who have been identified by the religiously occult political process in America for particular brainstorming and conditioning for votes. Translate this emotional conditioning ..to be properly stroked before election time. Women, Blacks, and now joined by the Homosexual movements. The Homosexual movements particularly in high electorial vote states. This has been happening for the last two elections that I can tell. They have been carefully groomed by particular political partys for votes.
These groups will soon be joined by another victim group ....Mexican Americans. All these groups have one thing in common...Victimization Grooming.
This is being done by Occult concealed grooming right under the noses of the American public...and without most of them even being aware of it.
You have to look carefully for the identifying fingerprints because the news media looking out for us will not educate you here.

Dont ever tell me that power is Macho. Political power is occult in nature and very femminine. Not necessarily female but femminine.

Power between male and female too can be very deceptive. Especially in a society or social structure which is very consumer oriented..not family oriented.

It is the same with most gay couples..one submissive and one dominant.
Be very careful what one thinks is dominant. This is not always what it appears to be.

This also means that power itself can be very deceptive and not all that people tend to think or take for granted that it is. And I mean in everything you see out here among the wildlife.

I can take this further but most of the non gay folks out here probably wouldnt get it. The gay folks I think would get it before the non gay. Nonetheless it is a pattern or fingerprint I have come to understand and look for over time.

It is part of the continued dumbing down of a people.

Resistor,

Excellent post, OT. In my experience, the hypersexualization of our culture is clearly harmful to the young and old alike. Sure it sells, but so does lying. The spiritual implications are clear to all with eyes to see.

Why thank you sir,
I am gratified to see that you understand it. I often think that in our consumer oriented structure these concepts escape many. Agree....totally..yes...with eyes to see. Bravo, I salute you!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 18-12-2007 by orangetom1999]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

I completely agree with you. Being a younger member of this forum ( I believe I am anyway). I have seen seemingly ordinarily heterosexual men and women brainwashed by media outlets, myspace, other peers into believing they are homosexual. I have no problem with homosexuals, they have the right to be that, but I have a problem when people are swindled into a false existence. If you would have looked at common dating websites such as myspace.com, bebo ect. 5-10 years ago. The amount of bisexual & homosexuals have risen sharply. It has become a "fad" for younger women and men to be "bi-curious" & experiment with the sexes. I have a younger sibling who has been ridiculed for never "experimenting". I have also heard this from quite a few other teens.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
man, this thread has my head spun.

i would think we should be able to agree that it is not known if it is genetic or a choice. personally i think it is genetic.
either way, who in the hell gives a rats balls what two adults do?
for real people....we have such a minute amount of time on this rock and we have to worry about a coupla guys getting it on?

who cares? why care?

this is just religion and the religious rearing it's ugly, bigoted head again.
totally baffles me.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by degenerate oto

I've met one member of ATS itself who was like that, sexually confused kid.

I can only imagine what the "cool" kids are trying out these days.

Nice to get another perspective on the issue.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

Don’t ever tell me that power is Macho. Political power is occult in nature and very feminine. Not necessarily female but feminine.

Power between male and female too can be very deceptive. Especially in a society or social structure which is very consumer oriented..not family oriented.

It is the same with most gay couples..one submissive and one dominant.
Be very careful what one thinks is dominant. This is not always what it appears to be.

This also means that power itself can be very deceptive and not all that people tend to think or take for granted that it is. And I mean in everything you see out here among the wildlife.

There is a very profound truth to be found here. Having been in the 'dominant' role in both homo and hetero relationships, and being a person of introspection as well as examination of others, I recognize the phenomenon of 'passive aggressive' control, also known as being P whipped. This is a natural condition, and is intended to bring balance IMO. But this effect is subject to abuse and exploitation. It seems to be a constant source of power of the dark side, whose favorite symbols of power are feminine. Liberty, Columbia, Gaia, Venus, Lucifer (Lucy in the sky), etc. Look past the first level.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join