It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Interstellar Case Files: by Jose Escamilla

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donoso
reply to post by housegroove23

I'm baffled. There's not a single shred of evidence to dictate that what Gridkeeper is trying to push as interstellar spaceships are anything more then:

1. Low Earth orbit objects being viewed and tracked via Go-To. Faulty imaging/lenses/mirrors to produce the "extraordinary" look.
  2. Complete hoax on John and Gridkeeper's part.

i (personally) think you forgot to add..

3. they are real, and the 'falling out' and aftermath has ruined the case from being taken seriously by all involved.

and you are right to mention that it should not be taken as anything near 'gospel' untill more evidence or secondary confirmation comes to light.

and i notice that (thankfully) you have not given up hope on there being some truth behind all this...

I'm still going to go out and see if I can reproduce anything.

..only, you don't seem to have quite the 'rose colored glasses' on that i tend to wear

(and appears are far more open to there being nothing in the given co-ordinates, and looking is one way to find out.)

but all said, here's hoping!
Twinkle, Twinkle

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by livo74

I don't base anything on hope. I want facts, proof, empirical data. I don't think I would be denying ignorance at this point if I were to list this as anything but what I mentioned. There's absolutely no reason to believe these are interstellar spaceships being piloted by extraterrestrial beings using portals and such. It's the same as saying Santa Claus is literally going to drop down your chimney and place goodies under millions of people's trees in a couple of days.

That doesn't mean I wont wait for Santa by the tree with a baseball bat to knock him out and claim victory in finally debunking/confirming the story.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by gauncents
reply to post by Donoso

You got it all right, Jose has been in "works" and "negotiations" with JLW for how long? It took Jose E Scam illa only about 2 days here to say forget the whole thing that he had originally saught here. This thread is done. He sure did get his plugs in though. Everyone here knows that. Someone said once that there is no such thing as bad publicity.

He comes in here once or twice in the morning, once or twice at night, but we talk about him all day.

Jose is winning with this. I say let's not let that happen!

forgive me donoso, if you feel i misunderstood you, or wrongly 'put words into your mouth'.

it's just that experienced ATS members like yourself write good comments (whether or not 'pro or con'), and some run around 'dragging on your coat-tails' and adding ...stuff like this post above.

again, apologies in advance.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
was writing my post and did not see your response.
hope still valid, k.

and confirm/ deny away.
(research, calculated research is what we are supposed to be doing!!)

sincerly,
matlivo.

and if you do get your hands on santa...

tell him to put a 5' 5" blond under my tree. please!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Hey Everyone !!!!!!!!!!!

This is looking at things from a different angle but from what GridKeeper was saying JLW had images recorded in HD but had to sell the items used for playback and or recording for whatever reasons.

Wouldn't it be best in the short run to work out some way of getting the equipment to play back these videos.

The only way through this is to be united and to put differences aside for the greater cause. The Controllers must laugh their asses off reading these threads. They probably log into these threads and place a few posts to stir the pot and mission done.

It is time to put them on the back foot.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donoso
reply to post by livo74

I don't think I would be denying ignorance at this point if I were to list this as anything but what I mentioned. There's absolutely no reason to believe these are interstellar spaceships being piloted by extraterrestrial beings

i would have to disagree with you there.

(if, if they are real..) their apparent size, shape, and numbers would indicate even more the 'possibility' of them being someone elses, if not ours.

as for..
"... using portals and such..."

you won't hear me mentioning that unnecessary crap.

*size, compared to the iss images.(especially if not even in orbit)
*shape, some of them 'appear' blatently un-earthly.
*numbers, a lot of them.

EDIT: spelling

[edit on 20/12/2007 by livo74]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Donoso

I kind of agree with you here Donoso, but don't at the same time. Wanting Empirical data solid 'unfuzzied' evidence is all good, totally agree with you there, but this can't really be compared to Santa. Apart from the millions of sightings of bits n bobs floating round, these things have been photographed. Santa hasn't.

I can't really imagine a serious ATS'er starting a thread 'Santa Is Real! Photo Evidence!'. That said, I still agree that we can't jump to the conclusion that these are extrateresstrials since there are over 1,000,000 (data is on Rense where the pictures in question are posted)

So, until we get some clear pictures we won't know

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Longy4eva

There have been plenty of pictures of Santa! The only difference is we know those are trickery, they're not concealing their true identity as being truthful. Not to mention as children a lot of us have sat on Santa's lap. Physical evidence! Except, again, we know it's all a ruse.

With this we have pictures all over again. They come from a SINGLE PARTY and state they hold the key and the only method of observation. That's like saying there's a dragon in my garage but only I can see him because I have special vision that allows me to. It's absolutely nonsense.

I don't want to push the point any longer, there's really no valid reason to. But I'm happy you agree with me on the most essential part: empiricism.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stari

Also, I did notice that on the Jeff Rense website the first video he showed there was a shot of the ISS using the aparatus. Did anyone else notice how blurry it was? Why wouldn't he have just adjusted through the cameras manual controls to eleminate the blurry image? That might sound like a really dumb question but I am no expert at taking photos. I guess since I have spent so many years in the research biz I should probably get my hands into that aspect of it all and learn it. I just have more fun finding the good stuff in the images that others have taken to really get into the taking of them.

Thanks for any help
Star

That's just it; if this imaging technique were at all useful for identifying things in orbit, he should be able to produce a clear image of the ISS. He hasn't. Without even establishing a "baseline" of validity, how is it that so many here have bought hook line and sinker into the other blobs he's produced?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions for me that I might have forgotten on how to start this project?

Did you check out that link I put up? Here it is again.

www.angelfire.com...

This guy seems very proficient at using a webcam set up. Maybe you could get him to join this discussion?

Guz

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Lets get back on track here.

I have a 6" diameter scope that is a generic Meade. I also have a Sony videocamera with a 900 x zoom and Nightshot and nightplus I think it's called. And I have a CCD camera that hooks up to my laptop. I have to figure out how to hook the videocamera up to my scope so I can start searching also. I have never been able to view anything other than the moon with my CCD camera, it was purchased really cheap off the net. But my videocamera is not a cheap one.

On my next day off I will start my search on Sony's website for an adapter that would work with both videocamera and scope. My videocamera does come with a USB cable to hook into my laptop so I am hoping I will be able to view and video tape this straight to my laptop.

Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions for me that I might have forgotten on how to start this project?

Thanks for any help
Star

Does your scope have motorized tracking? Does it have computerized tracking capability in both axes? What kind of CCD camera do you have? There are adapters for many kinds of setups, some are universal, some are camera specific, check scopetronix for some of each.
www.scopetronics.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

This is my opinion and nothing more (and not directed against anyone in particular):

To answer your question: Because they have an emotional investment in the outcome. Any shred of "proof", no matter how dubious is pointed to as rock-solid and irrefutable. Anyone who steps in and says "hold on......slow down......lets really evaluate what's before us" is shouted down, belittled and bullied.

Why such a negative reaction? If you (royal you) present them with evidence that refutes their version of reality then by extension, you are refuting them, as a person. At least, that's how they see it.

It's the very same reason the 9-11 forums go positively mental at times. Some of the people who attach themselves emotionally to these kinds of issues are compensating for things that have zero to do with the actual subject being discussed.

That's why some people can be so hard to reason or discuss controversial issues with: the outcome has to be a certain way. Anything, and I do mean anything (no matter how much it stretches the realm of reality) is held up as "proof" and any reasonable discussion is met with total, unmitigated hostility.

One last thought: words are just that. Words. Action and evidence is what "proves" something. When people enter a discussion on a seemingly rational basis and then quickly devolve into name calling, vitriol, etc it's a really clear indication they have lost the argument. Furthermore, when someone places the strength of their argument on personal attacks, it's because they have nothing else to argue.

My personal belief is that if we all step back, carefully read what has transpired here.....the real truth is self evident.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Three Steps to making money over the Internet, "rods" style.

Step 1) Create blurry videos

Step 2) Make wild claims

Step 3) Publicize!

An important ingredient in step 2 involves starting a thread on ATS which brings forward no new information except that of promoting the video itself.

As an ATS member I feel used by this process, we are talking about 22 pages of posts which does nothing to add debate over the real thread discussing the pictures and videos:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lexion and NGC2736 were right from the start. Josee you wasted my time yet again; we don't give a rats behind who you're in litigation with, we care about the truth. You deserve those warnings and many more.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

IMPORTANT: Jose Escamilla has been banned from ATS participation

We have received complaints that the user, "Jose Escamilla," has been using the ATS "U2U" private messaging system to send threatening messages to members. After a brief investigation, the complaints were unfortunately true, and include both threats of physical violence and cyber-stalking.

As everyone is aware, we take civility and decorum very seriously, and we anticipate that our members will behave in accordance with our terms and conditions, even within the private messaging system.

We normally do not provide details on the banning of members, but in the case of exceptionally high-profile members and/or threads, have related details from time to time. This is one such case.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Too bad we can't disable his u2uing.
Notorious bashers must come at Jose cause I never saw some of them,
ats ignore ... the best.

He might have used ignore to his advantage, if a large number would suffice.

Perhaps he was in it for the money.

Obviously there were too many ropes flying around that people said
were honest to goodness rods.

To catch a rod, that is the problem. Hope my friend tapes that history
channel episode with pantheon rods or what ever he was talking about.

Now History Channel.. thats for real... just happen to have IMAX cameras
at the ready...

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Kudos SO and ATS for being fair across the board. This member was by far the worst when it came to attacks and blatant disregard for ATS policy I have seen since joining. His attempt to Hijack ATS for his own agenda was met with the hard crush of the "BAN Hammer". I would expect all members to be judged accordingly and for that I thank you again Sir.

Well peeps yet another marketing agenda shut down in its tracks. When will they learn to bring the evidence and proof. ATS members (well some of them maybe not) lol are the best researchers in this field. And it nice to know we have the "tres amigos" minding the store!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
So who's hated more here, Jose Escamilla or Michael Horn

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Too bad we can't disable his u2uing.
Notorious bashers must come at Jose cause I never saw some of them,
ats ignore ... the best.

He might have used ignore to his advantage, if a large number would suffice.

That's what I do... just click on IGNORE and make sure not answer or even read their u2u's either.

It's not an easy thing to click on IGNORE but there are some members here who are so relentless with their attacks, one has no choice but to do that just to be able to remain focused on the topic of the thread. All they want to do is de-rail you so that all of the attention is focused on THEM instead of the topic at hand.

Clicking on IGNORE is ALWAYS the best policy to stick too in this regard.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I dont disagree with the all mighty ban, but at the same time despite the threatening messages, Jose is an influential figure in the ufology scene. He's released some pretty dramatic footage for the argument that we are and have been visited.

As for the whole Interstellar thing, who knows??? Its possible jose has been duped by JLW into believeing with out proof that the FAST vids are real. I still dont know what to believe. There hasn't been hard proof either way. I forget who predicted it but the mud slinging in this thread really interfered with the whole reason this thread was started.... Truth. We're still no closer to it then when we began. And now it seems we wont be finding out for a while.

While jose was in the wrong for threatening people via U2U, there are people in this thread that were on the attack from the beginning who were not interested in the proof of the FAST videos, only in pushing buttons.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

i personally agree.

and to those that think Jose should of made far better use of ATS's 'ignore' function, it seems you are right.

to SO, thank you for letting us know, and your reasons.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join