It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush making veiled threats to Judges now??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Bush making veiled threats to Judges now??

news.yahoo.com

The Bush administration told a federal judge it was not obligated to preserve videotapes of CIA interrogations of suspected terrorists and urged the court not to look into the tapes' destruction.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
My first thread, but I haven't seen this one on here yet. The way the article reads, it really sounds like a veiled threat not to question the Bush administration's policies. What do you all think?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Just sounded like the administration asked from the not to request the tapes. I didn't see any veiled threats at all.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Just seems a little questionable to me that the tapes were already knowingly destroyed after a federal judge said not to do so, and now Bush is "urging" people not to look in to the tape's destruction?

Might I be able to "urge" people to "not look into" any crimes I committed and get away with that?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Yes the president has no right to come between an investigation that has been on going since the 9/11 commission.

The CIA blatantly lie to congress about having any tapes or videos concerning terrorist interrogations.

It seems very clear that this corrupted government has a lot to hide from the 9/11 attack, 9/11 is the biggest criminal case in American history and the one that our for the people elected government put our nation through wars with two nations and now he dares to come between a judge and an investigation?

How dare him, this amount to treason.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I believe it's covered here already.

I doubt it will change anything. Bush gives congress the finger every week and it hasn't changed anything. Cheney claims he's not part of the Executive branch one week, then claims protection as part of the Executive branch the next. People read about it, get outraged, then go back to sleep. We get the government we deserve.

new topics

top topics

join