It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jerusalem? Why not let Yahweh & Allah settle it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Two state solution is on the horizon but Jerusalem is again proving to be a sticking point; especially for the religious. Both sides want all of the city. They both claim to be people of faith, so why not put their money where their mouth is? Why not agree to let Yahweh & Allah settle this between themselves like gods? Let them duke it out via a coin toss; the more powerful God, the winner, takes all of Jerusalem. Or are the Jews & Muslims afraid their God is weaker and lose? Both sides should agree that the results are final & will be honored. No violence. They get Jerusalem plus the bragging rights their God pwned the other.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Er, because YHWH and Allah are one and the same
Otherwise known, to Christians, simply as God.

Judaism, Christianity and Islam are sects of the same religion. They all worship the same god. Where they differ is on the identity of the Messiah

Mind you, I always did think YHWH was a bit schizo ..... could be fun watching him beat himself up

[edit on 15-12-2007 by Essan]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Mind you, I always did think YHWH was a bit schizo ..... could be fun watching him beat himself up

I think the Gnostics had "Yahweh" pretty summed up...

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I love the coin toss idea. Certainly a all mighty God could win a coin toss. This is just one toss, or two out of three?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Excellent idea for the solution.. although using a coin would be against their beliefs I'd reckon .. monetary dictates and all that bad stuff it involves..

Paper, Scissors ,Rock with himself would be much more fun to watch IMO

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
The only viable solution is to make Jerusalem an international/open city, a bit like the Vatican is. Has it's own boarders and government. That way everyone can have access to it and noone loses face.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Get a monopoly board with all the worlds religiously disputed territories on it and let them play to decide who has where.

Chess is no good.

The devil still cheats and wins more souls and as for the lord,He's just doing his best

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
The only viable solution is to make Jerusalem an international/open city,

I think that's what the Vatican (Roman Catholic Church) is buying
up all the sites it can in the city... so the areas encompassing the old city can become a U.N. 'Heritage Site'.

the other alternative would be for private capital to buy up everything and make the place a 3-major-religion Theme Park and pilgrimage destination,
independent of either Israel or Palestine government wise

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
AgentT, yes, the Lord is Doing all that he can.

What is all that he can do.

"It is God's will that no man be lost."

Luke 3:6 "ALL flesh shall see the salvation of God."

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Yes Wirral....Something along those lines will *touch wood* hopefully work...A multi denominational city separated discreetly would do the job admirably...

The thing is, are the parties concerned (Christian, Muslim, Jew) capable of agreeing to the segregation of this city which is so holy to all concerned...

That is my one concern...

In theory, it is deceptively simple...

In practice....Aye....Thinking about it gives me a bigger headache than thinking about time travel to the past !!

Good luck and I hope in my heart of hearts it DOES happen...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
jerusalem? Why not let Yahweh & Allah settle it?-

A my gods tougher than your god fight....Isn't that already happening?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
jerusalem? Why not let Yahweh & Allah settle it?-

A my gods tougher than your god fight....Isn't that already happening?

That's like a 'my Dad's bigger than your Dad' fight between two brothers .....

Why the different sects of the Abrahamic religion fight each other so is an interesting question. I suppose it's like different fans of a sports club fighting over who the best goal scorer is .....

Makes the whole judaic/christian/islamic conflict look very stupid and juvenile and frankly contemptable. IMHO

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

It certainly does Essan-that was my observation too.
The whole thing seems like a stupid childish squabble-until we remember that so many lives have been lost and destroyed over who has the hardest god...

Amazing isn't it-Religion is supposed to be a way to becoming better people through faith in a higher power.
Instead it has been responsible for some of the most horrific conflicts on our planet.

So religion is actually creating a world totally opposite to that which it claims to want.

Great.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
it was the settlement over what to do with jerusalem that killed the Clinton peace initiative also. all was going fine untill both sides found out the other wasn't gonna budge on that issue...no neither are willing to give it up, and no, neither are willing to share it. Ya, the UN could take it from both of them and establish some sort of holy site that honors all three religions, but then the world would probably have the fanatics of all three religions fighting the world over it. the only fair thing to do would be to nuke jerusalem, and mecca, and none of them have their holy sites....only kidding, but well...there's not gonna be any peace deal made as long as there is the land that is called jerusalem in a inhabitable state.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

jerusalem? Why not let Yahweh & Allah settle it?

Essasn,

What makes you think they won't, I mean isn't a God ultimatly going to settle mankinds issues once and for all at some point?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by newday

"I mean isn't a God ultimately going to settle mankind's issues once and for all at some point? "

Or maybe,just maybe its up to us to sort out our issues.
Wasn't it us that invented our "gods" in the beginning?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by newday

"I mean isn't a God ultimately going to settle mankind's issues once and for all at some point? "

Or maybe,just maybe its up to us to sort out our issues.
Wasn't it us that invented our "gods" in the beginning?

Of course if that were true that we invented the gods...but the gods invented us...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
A Coin Toss... Great Idea but what if they fight over who gets head or tails and why do people always perverse the messages of religon there basicaly telling us not to treat each other like crap and not to act like a butthole but know they use it as a excuse to kill and get rich

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Er, because YHWH and Allah are one and the same
Otherwise known, to Christians, simply as God.

Judaism, Christianity and Islam are sects of the same religion. They all worship the same god. Where they differ is on the identity of the Messiah

You beat me to it, they are the same thing; something that many Christians are ignorant to. Some Christians actually believe that Muhammad is worshiped as a God in Islam, but in fact that is greatly frowned upon in Islam and that's why they don't allow images of him (because they are scared people will worship him, instead of focusing on God)

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Yahvah is going to settle the matter about jerusalem and the Holyland that belongs to Him/Them (leviticus 25:23).since this world and its politicians insist on telling the jews how they should conduct their lives and how they should abide by the rules of "righteousness" that they have invented------Yahvah says He is going to make jerusalem a source of contention that causes all that meddle (against it and the jews) to be cut to pieces and end up being severely injured----zechariah 12:1-4.---------the ww3 the world dreads will be because of their interference and meddling against jerusalem and the jews on behalf of the jews enemies which in the end will bring about Messiahs return and the battle in israel where over 200 million enemy combatents are supernaturally vaporized (zechariah 14:12)------the results of an alien invasion as far as this worlds governments would try to convince us but at the same time the end of this worlds corrupt political slavemastery of all of us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join