It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google debuts 'knowledge project'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Rofl, I love printing off Onion articles and passing them around. Friends don't know if they're serious or not. But sometimes real-world articles just mirror the parodies so well as to be scary.
(Feel free to discuss this Google initiative so this thread doesn't get moved to BTS, which is probably going to happen anyway, as usual).

Google debuts knowledge project
Google has kicked off a project to create an authoritative store of information about any and every topic.
By indexing the web, Google strives to make information more easily accessible. However, wrote Mr Manber, not all the information on the web was "well organised to make it easily discoverable".

Google Announces Plan To Destroy All Information It Can't Index
"Our users want the world to be as simple, clean, and accessible as the Google home page itself," said Google CEO Eric Schmidt at a press conference held in their corporate offices. "Soon, it will be."

Also,
  • CBS News: Iraq Violence At Lowest Levels In 2 Years
  • TheOnion: Not-So-Horrible Thing Happens In Iraq

Uncanny.

• posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:44 AM
    link   
    HI

cool i can't wait! this should help doing research much easier! thanks for the info...

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:51 PM
    link   
    what is this a joke?
    u should delete this thread

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:11 PM
    link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
    what is this a joke?
    u should delete this thread

Why?
    It's just my take on a news story. This is a forum where people come to post their opinions and views. I don't see why this thread should be trashed just for doing exactly that.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:08 PM
    link   
    reply to post by watch_the_rocks

ya but the second link is not news but presented as news
    it's a joke link

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:35 AM
    link   
    Well, that's the point. To highlight the parallels between the real article and an over-the-top fake one.

top topics

join